How terrible I am at building...

Anth7150

Spazmatism
Ive always been a terrible builder with no creativity... So here's how terrible my watch/defence tower is.

Attachments

• 1438382713483.jpg
    1438382713483.jpg
    809.7 KB · Views: 766
Its definitely not good, but its also not bad. Something I would recommend is the use of block combinations and when to use platforms.
In this situation, the wood platforms don't match up with the grey brick. Try replacing them with grey brick or some other block that will match up, like maybe marble.
Finally, the explanation of block combos. Grey brick is a good block to intersect with wood, but in some cases it makes the build look dull. If you`re going for a cooler and more fancier watchtower, make a smooth marble base and a smooth granite triangle on top for the roof, and use the same idea you used for the top views, but with marble. The top view on this will go something like
3x Smooth Marble Across
2x Smooth Granite Up, hammer the last top block to a half block
Sorry this was really long, send me your results.

Its definitely not good, but its also not bad. Something I would recommend is the use of block combinations and when to use platforms.
In this situation, the wood platforms don't match up with the grey brick. Try replacing them with grey brick or some other block that will match up, like maybe marble.
Finally, the explanation of block combos. Grey brick is a good block to intersect with wood, but in some cases it makes the build look dull. If you`re going for a cooler and more fancier watchtower, make a smooth marble base and a smooth granite triangle on top for the roof, and use the same idea you used for the top views, but with marble. The top view on this will go something like
3x Smooth Marble Across
2x Smooth Granite Up, hammer the last top block to a half block
Sorry this was really long, send me your results.
Er...you know the prefix says mobile? Mobile doesn't have granite or marble...and also, there's wooden platforms at the side of the tower so I can shoot down at the enemys. Since you haven't replied yet, I've decided to upgrade it a bit. here's the picture.

Attachments

• 1438448533272.jpg
    1438448533272.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 802
Last edited:
First off, sorry about the mobile - pc thingy. I play PC edition so much I think everyone else plays it.
I can get the platforms now, just make sure that the color of the platforms match the brick.
And finally, a replacement for marble and granite could be pearlstone and obsidian brick, but who am I to judge? Do whatevs

Well, I have a simple suggestion that can spice things up for you: Try pixel fractals.

Like this one:
768px-Quadriccross.gif

Build something simple, like your tower, then just branch things off your base build in a uniform manner. Go with straight lines, that is easy. Just go randomly even, but make sure to mirror it on the other axis (left/right, up/down) perfectly too. There is beauty in symmetry.

Back
Top Bottom