HOW THE F*** DO YOU SOLO DUKE FISHRON???

Hey Steve, what is that heart engine? How do you use it and how is it wired? That seems pretty complex, but may be worth it if it does the job.
OK, I will explain everything.

Firstly, the thing that I'm standing called the Power Supply, it drives the other thing, the Heart Productor.

The Power Supply is just an improved Crab Engine, you can many variations of it on the Youtube. Mine has three rooms seperated by actuator doors.
The green wires control the side actuator doors, blue one is for upper door. The short red wire drives the Crab Statue, when you click it the statue spawns a crab, then you can chase it in a room using actuator doors.

The red wire connects Power Supply and Heart Productor is power line. It transports all inputs from Red Pressure Plates, total of six ones.
And finally, the Heart Productor has one Slime Statue and one Crab Statue. These're spawning their respective mobs, then the mobs dying in the thin layer of lava. If you are below maks healt, they leave you hearts.

And the trick is; the inputs from Power Supply is intense, this means mob spawnings on the Heart Generator are also intense, so it will produce hearts really rapid. When you really low on health then you should just collect these hearts, this is where the Heartreach Potion comes into the play. With it you can pick these hearts from 25 blocks, that doesn't prevent you dodging what do you fight with.

But, really, don't forget this; :)
But, be sure to you tried everything REALLY, because this machine is one of the BIGGEST cheses on the game, it might be really harmful...

Leaf Wings aren’t bad. They’re just slightly slower than Frozen/Flame/Spectre Wings. If Leaf Wings are pretty bad, than Frozen, Flame, and Spectre Wings are as well. Leaf Wings are bad for Duke Fishron, though, because they’re slower than him.

That difference in speed makes all the difference. Frozen/Flame/Spectre wings are all one tier, and Leaf Wings are a purchaseable knock-off that are noticeably slower, enough that they aren't really comparable. So no, just because Leaf is bad does not make the others bad.

Given that the discussion is Duke Fishron, one of the most speed/dodge intensive battles in the game, this is doubly relevant. If a player is having issues, then upgrading from Leaf Wings is a must.

In Terraria, Duke Fishron solos you.

I'm inclined to agree with Leinfors: you need more speed. You need the best wings you can get (can't remember what this is - my workplace blocks the Wiki). Or if you don't mind skipping Fishron for now, consider a higher tier wings like the Solar Wings, which come with an ascent boost. Also use Frostspark Boots as they provide an ascent boost.

Water Walking (potion or boots) may also help, as it essentially gives you a platform on the ocean.

My strategy was to make large loops around Fishron. From the ground, fly up to the sky and fall back down. This should give you sufficient speed to outrun (outfly?) Fishron. And if you time it right, the first Sharknado bubble will pop while you're in the sky. Sharks will spawn out of bounds and disappear, so they won't bother you while you're falling. Then the second Sharknado bubble will pop while you're on the ground. This won't be a problem because you're now ascending to the sky again!

Edit: Doesn't work as well on Expert mode... but Vampire Knives + flailing wildly saw me through it. (Not a strategy I'd recommend though.)

I know. I’m not saying that they’re the same as Frozen/Flame/Spectre Wings against Duke Fishron, because they’re not. Frozen/Flame/Spectre wings are much better against Duke Fishron, because Leaf Wings are slower then Duke Fishron. That does not make them generally bad. I’m just saying that they’re not bad, or a knockoff. Many pairs of wings are noticeably much worse than Leaf Wings (which aren’t even bad in the first place).

Given that Frozen Wings are available at the beginning of Hardmode (i.e., at the earliest time any wings can be accessed), I'm of the opinion that anything weaker than that tier is subpar. There is little reason to use anything less than the Frozen/Flame/Spectre/Beetle tier for long. Lack of rain could be a brief delay, but Flame is available as soon as a mech is defeated, Spectre as soon as Plantera, and Beetle/Steampunk as soon as Golem.

Given that Frozen Wings are available at the beginning of Hardmode (i.e., at the earliest time any wings can be accessed), I'm of the opinion that anything weaker than that tier is subpar. There is little reason to use anything less than the Frozen/Flame/Spectre/Beetle tier for long. Lack of rain could be a brief delay, but Flame is available as soon as a mech is defeated, Spectre as soon as Plantera, and Beetle/Steampunk as soon as Golem.
Yeah, there are a lot of redundant / pointless wings.
Starting off in hardmode, the easiest to obtain are probably Fairy Wings, negating anything below that. Or if you were lucky pre-hardmode or while farming Wyverns, you can get Harpy Wings.
I consider Flame Wings to be pointless given how difficult they are to obtain (ridiculously rare drop from an already rare enemy). If you want them for vanity, it's easier to go for Solar Flare Wings.
Then as you mention, Frozen Wings are also available straight off in hardmode. By the time you're fighting Fishron, you can probably just buy Steampunk Wings. Makes me wonder why there is so much variety - must be for vanity purposes? But if so, why are some of them so difficult to obtain? There doesn't seem to be any natural progression with them.

But I digress. When I fought Fishron, it was with Beetle Wings (this was in 1.2.4.1, so Steampunk Wings were unobtainable). I could loop around him as I described previously without much trouble. If you're lucky, you'll get Fishron Wings as a drop, which gives an ascent boost and makes the Fishron fight trivial! (For farming other Fishron drops.)

Leaf Wings. You can get them on the first night of Hardmode, just build a house for the Whitch Doctor in the jungle. No souls required; ridiculously easy to obtain.
Ahh, good point.
The requirement for the Witch Doctor is to defeat Queen Bee if I remember correctly? One could say the Jungle enemies are more dangerous than the Hallow enemies. But if you're like me, you make the Jungle and Hallow co-mingle anyway. :)

Help how do i defeat him on mobile i have terrablade and turtle armor plus jet pack and an unreal venus magnum,the shadow beam staff,and inferno fork. What more is there!?!

Help how do i defeat him on mobile i have terrablade and turtle armor plus jet pack and an unreal venus magnum,the shadow beam staff,and inferno fork. What more is there!?!

change to godly chain gun with chloro bullets and put on secondary weapon and the first is terra blade, while button 3 use for potions also use spectre wing. for armor use the ranger shroomite armor. 3 warding (i put ranger emblem here) accesories, 2 menacing, and 1 lucky destroyer emblem

change to godly chain gun with chloro bullets and put on secondary weapon and the first is terra blade, while button 3 use for potions also use spectre wing. for armor use the ranger shroomite armor. 3 warding (i put ranger emblem here) accesories, 2 menacing, and 1 lucky destroyer emblem

that's good which is mean he/she use search function instead making another same topic

first of all, you're using melee armor, just use melee weapons or switch to titan or spectral armor also get beetle wings they are hilariously easy to get

Since Duke Fishron drops nothing that is important to the actual progression of the game, get Solar Flare Armor, and a Solar Eruption. Get the usual buff potions, and hopefully if you've killed Moon Lord, you've also got yourself a Celestial Shell, and Solar Wings.

Pop Fishron and just go to town on him with the Eruption. Try to dodge at least a little, but just wail away on him. He should die before you do.

Since Duke Fishron drops nothing that is important to the actual progression of the game, get Solar Flare Armor, and a Solar Eruption. Get the usual buff potions, and hopefully if you've killed Moon Lord, you've also got yourself a Celestial Shell, and Solar Wings.

Pop Fishron and just go to town on him with the Eruption. Try to dodge at least a little, but just wail away on him. He should die before you do.

Pre-lunatic cultist items such as spooky wings or terra blade work just fine
Also Fishron may not be in the main storyline but his drops are as op as :red:

Pre-lunatic cultist items such as spooky wings or terra blade work just fine
Also Fishron may not be in the main storyline but his drops are as op as :red:

Eh, other than perhaps the Razorblade Typhoon (I don't play mage), I can't really think of anything that I would choose over Pillar Equipment, especially as Melee. A Solar Eruption will beat a Flairon any day of the week. The Wings are OK, but then again, I use the UFO mount against Moon Lord and the Celestial Shell takes care of my underwater travel needs.

So, the moment I kill Golem... I'm hauling my Terra Blade/EoC butt over to the Solar Pillar, lol.

Update: beat the duke like fifty times thanks (got fishron wings YESSSSSSSSSSS and tempest staff) used beetle armor,beetle wings,vampire knifes,and the ichor flask+pho for lessening defense and stat boosts

IMG_1992.PNG

I'm identifying two problems with your approach, namely your gear and your strategy, although if you solve the first, it might just nullify the latter, seeing how close you got last time.

First of, your gear: it's outdated. You have access to much more powerful weapons at this stage in the game than a Megashark that isn't even Unreal. You should be able to farm the Pumpkin Moon with ease, which gives you more powerful weapons like the Stake Launcher, or farm the Martian Invasion some more for the Influx Weaver (which I am told works very well against Fishron). You could take it a step further and try and get the Chain Gun from the Frost Moon, which when coupled with Chlorophyte Bullets deal incredible amounts of damage. Or you could take it overboard, kill the Lunatic Cultist (which in my opinion is much easier than the Duke), kill a Solar Pillar or a Vortex Pillar and make a Phantasm, Vortex Beater or Daybreak, which make the fight a breeze even on Expert mode.

Your accessories don't make that much sense to me. First of, you can combine the Band of Regen with the Philosopher's Stone at a Tinkerer's Workshop, saving you an inventory slot. The Star Veil seems like an odd choice to me, considering continues damage (which the Cross Necklace part blocks) doesn't happen that much against FIshron, and the stars that fall don't deal all that much damage, even if they do hit. Nevertheless, you want to avoid getting hit as much as possible, so it might be better to use other accessories that either help with dodging, or just reduce damage, such as the Master Ninja Gear, the Ankh Shield, the Celestial Shell or Frostspark Boots.

Finally, why do you use Wings if you're using a minecart strategy? You might as well give that slot to something useful. Just food for thought.

Now, the problem with your strategy in my opinion is that you're not actively dodging any of his attacks (as we can see in how you died, cruising directly into a Cthulhunado). Using platforms, Wings, and the accessories listed in the spoiler, you have much more freedom when it comes to dodging. Like I said, if you update your gear, you might still be successful with this strategy, but I wouldn't rely on minetracks to do the dodging for me.
Dude, I've got a full set of beetle armor with the shell ,an avenger emblem, celestial stone, destroyer emblem, the ankh shield ,and beetle wings ,all reforged to warding, 101 armor .A legendary terra blade and an unreal tactical shotgun .Clorophyte bullets .Heart lanterns, campfires .Like five different potions .even a Pygmy fighting with me and still can't beat him. I :red: you not though, I just spent about four hours in my underground mushroom biome and now have 51 truffle worms. If I don't beat him within those, I'm quitting terraria

Dude, I've got a full set of beetle armor with the shell ,an avenger emblem, celestial stone, destroyer emblem, the ankh shield ,and beetle wings ,all reforged to warding, 101 armor .A legendary terra blade and an unreal tactical shotgun .Clorophyte bullets .Heart lanterns, campfires .Like five different potions .even a Pygmy fighting with me and still can't beat him. I :red: you not though, I just spent about four hours in my underground mushroom biome and now have 51 truffle worms. If I don't beat him within those, I'm quitting terraria

My suggestion for you is, if you can't beat him after a couple tries, go for the moon pillars and get the pillar weapons; they don't require beating the moon lord, so you can somewhat farm enough of the essences to make at least one of each of the four types of weapons. If you want to do it without this, I'd suggest dodging better, possibly requiring farming for a UFO to easier dodge some attacks.

My suggestion for you is, if you can't beat him after a couple tries, go for the moon pillars and get the pillar weapons; they don't require beating the moon lord, so you can somewhat farm enough of the essences to make at least one of each of the four types of weapons. If you want to do it without this, I'd suggest dodging better, possibly requiring farming for a UFO to easier dodge some attacks.
I'm on old ten console though .I know, it sucks .Can't afford an Xbox one though .
[doublepost=1530082167,1530082050][/doublepost]
I'm on old ten console though .I know, it sucks .Can't afford an Xbox one though .
I wouldn't ever quit though lol
Old gen*

Back
Top Bottom