Mobile How to beat all bosses in pre-hardmode (Events included)

Kaladin78

Eye of Cthulhu
Have you ever looked for a viable guide to all bosses in pre-hardmode? (I would do hardmode, but it would get a little long, maybe I'll make another guide) Okay, I'll stop beating around the bush and jump right into it.

1. Overall Guidlines
The first order of business is something you need for every boss. I cannot stress the usefulness of this accessory enough. The accessory is, drumroll please, band of regeneration. Laugh if you want, but you can get this pre-bosses, and pre-hardmode bosses can't hit as fast as you can regenerate health. An invaluable weapon that will work on every boss is the Molotov cocktail. I've heard that it's been nerfed on console and PC, but on mobile, it still does a good 40 damage, not counting the explosion and debuff. I know this may not sound like much, but for pre-hardmode, where your best weapons to around 20, this is OP, and you can also get it before any bosses. The recipe is 10 ale, 1 silk, and 1 torch.

2. The Eye of Cthulhu
This is the classic terraria boss, and usually the first one that you are going to fight. The summon item for it is a suspicious looking eye, and it's crafted from 6 lenses on a demon alter, lenses are dropped by demon eyes.
The fight isn't too bad if you, ahem, have the band of regeneration. Buy around 300 shurikens from the merchant, and just go to town on the eye. You don't really need any armor, but you could go for some high-tier ore armor, always helps. Once you beat it, it's a good idea to make some weapons from the demonite/crimtane ore (such as light's bane/blood butcherer) to prepare for the next boss fight.

3. The Eater of Worlds
The Eater of worlds isn't a hard boss at all, and is easier by far that the brain. It is summoned by destroying three shadow orbs, which are the purple glowing spheres that are encased in ebonstone. This, it has been noticed, is part of the problem. Just use bombs. Another way to summon it, if you're an overachiever, is to make worm food with rotten chunks and vile powder.
The fight itself is pretty easy, just get a good melee weapon i.e., fiery greatsword. When the eater of worlds attacks, just swing the sword and keep hacking off it's head, it'll die eventually. The problem is, if it gets past your sword, the only thing that can save you is your high-tier ore armor, (Tungsten or silver at least) and your band of regeneration. (I'm going to keep bringing it up). It's a must to farm this boss a little and make full shadow armor.

4. The Brain of Cthulhu
This boss is the much-harder crimson variant of the eater of worlds. It is summoned by destroying three crimson hearts, which are the crimson equivelent of shadow orbs. Just use bombs. Another way is making a bloody spine, which, fortunately, isn't too hard in mobile, as it only requires vertebrae, and is crafted at a demon alter.
I don't care what class you are, meteor armor and space gun are invaluable. You could also use Molotov cocktail and beat it in a matter of seconds, but as a backup, make sure you have space gun and meteor armor. You don't really need to beat him, as his servants drop plenty of tissue samples, but it's much better to beat it. If you can't do it the first time, craft crimson armor from the tissue samples and try again.

5. Skeletron
This evil spirit that plagues the old man must be defeated! He is summoned by cursing the old man at night, and it is advisable to summon it at the beginning of the night to give yourself maximum time to defeat it.
At the beginning of the fight, he will slap you with his hands. I usually take this opportunity to cut 'em off using fiery greatsword. After he has been disarmed, the fight becomes trivial. Kill his head at your leisure with Molotov cocktails. After the fight, It's advisable to go into the dungeon to get some loot. Dungeon slimes are large purple slimes with keys floating in the middle. If you kill this enemy, it drops the golden key, which you can use to raid a golden chest. Do this enough times, and you'll find murmasa, which is one of the fastest melee weapon in the game. With light's bane/blood butcherer, blade of grass (Crafted from jungle spores and stingers), fiery greatsword, and murmasa, you can craft night's edge, one of the best swords pre-hardmode. It is crafted at a tinkerer's workshop, which is bought from the goblin tinkerer for 10 gold. The goblin tinkerer moves in after...

6. The Goblin Invasion
This ragtag band of... sorry, can't remember the whole thing. Anywho, this event is summoned when at least one shadow orb/crimson heart has been destroyed, and the player has more than 100 health. This means that this should probably go before skeletron, but I'm lazy and don't want to put it there.
The invasion itself is just a matter of avoiding arrows and purple glowing thingies. In mobile, there's no actual mini-boss for the event, so you can spend a day butchering goblins with fiery greatsword and singing happy songs. Nothing they drop is of any value, the only reason you're doing this is for the goblin tinkerer. Once it's beat, buy rocket boots and make spectre boots. Now outfitted with night's edge and spectre boots, you're ready for...

7. Queen Bee
Queen bee is a giant bee, and it drops a great variety of bee-themed items, most of which are very useful. Go to your underground jungle, and look around for a few hours until you see yellow-colored blocks. There's no entrance, so mine in from the top. Why? Because the blocks you mine will spawn honey, which will pool at the bottom and give you a great advantage. Once inside, you'll notice a larva sitting on some honey blocks. Break this, and the Queen Bee spawns. Don't do that until you're ready. It's a good idea to clear out the beehive to give yourself room to fight, then put platforms over the pool of honey so movement isn't rendered. Bee (hehe) careful because any weapons will break the larva and summon it prematurely. The great advantage is that dipping in honey will give you a regeneration bonus.
The fight itself will go smoothly if you use Molotov cocktails. It goes through a series of charges at the player, which should be easy to avoid with your spectre boots. After that it will hover over you and fire stingers at you. Don't bother dodging, equip a bezoar to negate the poison damage, and the band of regeneration should balance out the initial damage. Using these strategies, it shouldn't be too hard to beat. It's a good idea to farm this boss, and get resources to make hornet staff, your first summon weapon. The bee keeper is useless since you have night's edge, give it to your friend or something. I'm not even going to mention the bee gun. Now you are ready for wonderous adventures in the underworld.

8. The Wall of Flesh
You're finally ready. The final pre-hardmode boss. The one that will make your world ten times more difficult. Just kidding. You have irl days to get ready for this fight, unless you're an insane player, and if that's the case, stop reading this guide and do it on your own. First order of business is to get end pre-hardmode stuff. What you've gotta do is make a hellevator, or a shaft down to the underworld with platforms periodically. You should have a shadow key from the dungeon, and shadow chests are very useful. Get a lot of fireblossom and obsidian. Use these to make obsidian skin potions, as these will give you and immunity to lava. Go take a hot bath to test it. In the underworld, make a long hellbridge, or bridge of platforms across the underworld. As you are doing this, you'll probably encounter a voodoo demon. If you don't, tough. It drops a guide voodoo doll, which is the summon item for the wall. Now you're ready. Nope, still gotta get that awesome end pre-hardmode stuff. Mine hellstone. A ton of hellstone. Obsidian skin potion and obsidian shield is a must, as hellstone burns like meteorite and spawns lava when broken. Don't worry, its rarity protects it from being destroyed. Use the hellstone to make the imp staff molten armor. Buy mini shark from the arms dealer, as it absolutely shreds the wall of flesh.
To begin the fight, stand at one end of your hellbridge, and use the guide voodoo doll. You don't need to be over lava in mobile. Once the wall of flesh spawns, start shooting at it before it's even on screen. When it's in your sight, use Molotov cocktails and kill it. Keep backing up, or shield or not, it'll throw you back and do tons of damage. After it's dead, use the pwnhammer to destroy at least three demon alters. This will bless your world with good minerals. I wish you the best in hardmode. Try not to die too much.

9. Conclusion
This guide is purely my opinion, and it's the way i beat all of the pre-hardmode bosses. If you have a problem with any of it, please let me know, and I'll be sure to fix it. Hope this helped!

You didn’t mention bee gun, even though it is insanely useful against WoF.

Just remember, Molotov Cocktails don’t deal as much damage in the PC/Console version as the mobile version

True, that's why I put a mobile tag on it.
[doublepost=1533952736,1533952714][/doublepost]I myself find bee gun kinda... eh.

I cant beleive that this thread is getting commented on, as it's my first and somewhat mediocre guide.

Back
Top Bottom