Mobile How to beat Duke Fishron Legitimatly

Did this work?

• Total voters

Kaladin78

Eye of Cthulhu
I have seen a lot of guides pertaining to Duke Fishron, but the problem is, they all give ways to cheese this boss. Now, I don't have a huge problem with cheesing bosses, I do it myself all the time, but after a while, you get bored. The first time I fought Duke Fishron, I didn't know any way to cheese him (We all know I would have if I did) so I took information from several different guides, and made my own strategy. It worked about the second or third time I used it, but after IRL hours of farming him, I perfected it. Let's get to it shall we?

Summoning:
Duke Fishron is summoned by fishing in the ocean with a truffle worm as bait. The truffle worm is the most difficult critter in Terraria to catch. It spawns in the underground/cavern layer mushroom environment. In the mobile version, it doesn't run away when you get near, but is still extremely rare and hard to catch. It occasionally flies into the air or burrows underground. Build a flat span of mushroom grass and water candles periodically placed along it. Then, just run along it swinging your bug net. Make sure to kill any hostile mobs, as this gives it an opening to for it to spawn, and and hostile mobs can kill it. Don't summon a minion while trying to catch it, as the minion can inadvertently kill it.

Gear:
I won't tell you exactly what gear to use, as most of it is strictly class specific, but I'll give you some perameters to work with. With armor, anything post-Plantera will work, such as spectre, turtle, shroomite, etc. For weapons, you'll want something with homing capabilities. For melee users, you can melee Duke Fishron, it's difficult, but it can be done. I've seen a lot of rangers scoff at the use of homing bullets. Believe me, it doesn't matter how good you are, Fishron is so, unbielevably fast, that you'll miss about 60% of your shots. I don't know which accessories you like to use, and I don't care, use something that gives your class a bonus, and some sort of shield, the rest is up to you. You'll need fast wings, such as spooky, or shroomite hoverboard, with a frog leg and lightning boots at least. With potions, I'll tell you exactly what to use, because this part is too valuable to skim over. Lifeforce potion is perhaps the most useful one in your arsenal. Rage/wrath, iron skin, endurance, and regeneration potions are all essential. An inferno potion is also optional, but useful. All other potions are class-dependent: magic power for mage, archery or ammo conservation for rangers, tipsy debuff is good but not required for melee, and summoning potion for summoners. Of course, the well fed buff is always a good option.

Arena:
A good arena is an asphalt bridge across the ocean, with a little dock for fishing underneath. Make sure to put plenty of campfires and heart lamps across the length of it. Make sure to place heart statues along it, and star statues if you are a mage. A crystal ball is optional but useful if you are a mage. And same goes for rangers with ammo box, summoners with bewitching table, and melee with sharpening station. It is a good idea to make a one-way teleporter from the dock to the arena after you summon him, as getting pinned on your dock is never a good idea.

Fishron's attacks:
Before we move on to the actual fight, let's go over what Fishron does. When he first awakens he makes a charge at you. It is wise to teleport from a dock to an arena to avoid this attack. Afterwords he cycles between makeing downward charges in an "X" pattern, and surrounding himself in detonating bubbles and launching them at you. He occasionally pauses, makes an explosion of blue particles, and a sharknado forms where he was. In second form, he charges more aggressively. He also flies in a spiral releasing detonating bubbles which home in on you. In second form, he'll charge at you streaming blue particals, then makes an explosion of blue particles, then, a much bigger, much more damaging tornado called a cthulhunado appears and launches sharkrons at you.

The Fight:
When you get the message saying "Duke Fishron has awoken", wait for a second, then teleport to your arena using teleporters. This throws him off, giving you more time to prepare yourself. When he makes his first charges, you'll need to run one way so it's easier to see him coming, then jump over the charges. He is super fast, so he'll try to lose you and go off screen. Since most of his attacks originate offscreen, don't let him. Follow him, and keep him is sight. This is especially important for melee players, since they'll have to be close. When he releases detonating bubbles, take out all of them by doing damage to them, as they do tons of damage. This isn't a problem if you have the inferno potion, as the wall of fire should block them. When he begins to stand still, this could mean one of two things: 1) He's changing to second form, or 2) He's about to form a sharknado. This early in the fight, it's most likely the latter. You can tell by looking at his health. If it is number two, run. Not kidding, get away from him. the sharknado is one of his most damaging attacks. He'll make an explosion of blue particals, and fly away. A sharknado will form where he was. This is probably the most important point of the guide. You could botch everything else, but without this part, you will die. Stay away from the sharknado. If you run through it, it'll do around 100 damage. If you get near it, it'll launch a rapid fire volley of sharkrons at you. The sharkrons shouldn't be a problem if you have the inferno potion, but if you don't, shoot at the sharknado. Your projectiles should intercept the sharkrons mid-flight. Still, even with these two safegaurds, it's not a guarantee that you won't take a few hits, better to just stay away. After a while, your arena will be littered with sharknados. It's mildly safe to fly over them, as long as you don't fall in. There will come a point in the fight, when fishron is half health, that he will begin to stand still. You should not run away, as this is his one moment of weakness. Like when the eye of cthulhu is spinning, or when Ocram is spinning, he is changing to second form. As I said, this is his one moment of weakness, so hammer him with everything you have. After this, his eyes will glow yellow, and he'll take on a darker shade of green. In second form, he is much faster than he was in first form. He'll take more elaborate evasive maneuvers, so it's even more important to stay with him. He will fly in a spiral, releasing detonating bubbles behind him, which will home in on you when he is done. Again, shoot them out of the sky, or let your inferno potion take care of them. He will also make a downward charge at you, streaming blue particles. When this happens, get as far away from him as you can. After his charge, an explosion of blue particals will follow, and a huge Cthulhunado will form. With these monsters, it's even more important to stay away, as they do much more damage than the sharknado. They will still do their volley of sharkrons from a greater distance, and you'll be forced to shoot them down. It is important to fly over these to get to Fishron, as he will litter your arena with them. When he is finally dead, be very careful, as the cthulhunados are still around. If the loot is on the other side of one, fly over or wait for it to disapate. It would be bad if, after beating Duke Fishron, you got killed by the remaining cthulhunados.

Conclusion:
Use whatever drop you got from him to beat him again, and farm him for all of his resources, especially fishron wings, as they are the fastest in mobile. Please leave a comment as to whether you were able to beat him or not using this guide. I do not mean to offend, if I have an any way, tell me and I'll try to change it. This is how I beat him, and if you have a problem, please tell me, and I'll try to help.

Could you say what wepons you recommend for each class?
Clockwork assault rifle or mega shark if you're a ranger. Paladins hammer, terra blade, scourge of the corrupters if you're a warrior. Bat scepter, spectre staff of you're a mage.

Back
Top Bottom