Mobile How to Beat Plantera

Kaladin78

Eye of Cthulhu
Now, I've seen a lot of guides about plantera, but none of them are very extensive. This method I am telling you should work for all classes, but it mostly supports melee. If you've seen my guide on Duke Fishron, you know I like to be thorough with my guides, but enough shameless promotion. Plantera is one of the hardest bosses in the game, for where you're at. Summoning is difficult, and defeating it is one of the hardest tasks you can do. Let's get to it shall we?

Gear:
For armor, you'll want the best there is pre-plantera, and that would be turtle. I know what you're going to say, "I'm a mage, I don't use turtle" believe me, you'll want the thorns effect and the defense. Do what you want with it after the fight, but use it for the fight. For weapons, You'll want light discs, about five of them. For potions, you'll want about every buff potion available to you. A lifeforce potion, of course, a rage/wrath, endurance, iron skin, and regeneration potion. For melee, use flasks, for mage, magic power, for summoner, summoning, for ranger, ammo conservation or archery. inferno and thorns potion are also optional. For accessories, Everyone knows you'll have to maneuver through the jungle, so you need good wings, as well as lightning boots and/or frog leg. The ankh shield is good, and it's a good idea to reforge accessories to either menacing or warding, whatever suits you. If you don't have the ankh shield, make a point to use a bezoar.

Arena:
Most people like to clear out a large space for maneuvering, but that isn't completely neccessary. Make a long hallway, about 12-15 blocks tall. When you are done with that, clear out the floor and replace it with a platform. Make sure the space is deep enough so the thorn balls can't bounce out. This is essential because those things do about a hundred damage each. On each side of the arena, make a teleporter with a pressure plate on top. Wire them together, but make sure they're not more than 50 blocks apart so Plantera doesn't despawn. It's advisable to make a house with a bed, so if you do it co-op, you can get right back in the fight. Put heart statues and star statues by the teleporters. You could also use crystal ball, ammo box, or sharpening station depending on your class. A honey dip beside a teleporter is also optional. On the inner side of the teleporter, make a wall that is about 4-5 blocks tall. This will block Plantera's poison seeds. You could point out that it also stops you from attacking, but I'll explain that in a minute.

Summoning:
Plantera is summoned when a pink Plantera's bulb is destroyed. These appear in the jungle after all three mechanical bosses have been defeated. Since they appear anywhere in the jungle, It is advisable to place your arena in the middle. Once you find one, dig direct tunnels to your arena. Destroy it, and use the minimap to see which direction it is coming from. Run back to your arena, but keep Plantera in sight. Feel free to inflict whatever debuff on the way back to your arena (Ichor, cursed flames, frostburn, etc...)

Plantera's behavior:
This boss may not have as many fancy moves as Duke Fishron, but I'll go over this just the same. When It first spawns, it'll slowly shoot pink seeds and slowly attempt to make contact. If you get to far away, it'll despawn, so be careful there. As it begins to lose health, it will fire much faster, and shoot green poisonous seeds. It will maneuver with it's hooks, and move towards you a little faster. At second form, It will shed it's pink leaves revealing a green mouth. It will also sprout several "Plantera's tentecles", these are akin to the Wall of Flesh's "the hungry". It will move much faster, and attempt to make contact more viciously. It will do this until it is dead.

The Fight:
When you're well and truly settled in your arena, teleport to one side, and bounce your light discs off of the barrier. When you see plantera get close, teleport to the other side by jumping on to the teleporter, and the light discs will fly through the barrier and Plantera back to you, damaging it on the way. The fight is really monotonous this way, but it will whittle down it's health, while you take hardly any damage. The only danger is from Plantera's hooks, which often attach to your barrier and damage you. If this happens, just use your countless statues and healing implements. When it hits second form, the fight picks up a bit. Firstly, Plantera moves much faster, so you must teleport faster. Second, Plantera's tentacles approach you before the actual boss, so you must teleport sooner. Still, you won't take too much damage, and it will still die. It is advisable to have someone else stand to the side shooting it, just make sure Plantera goes after you, not him. This method is proven (by me), and should work, if it doesn't, leave a comment for me.

Aftermath:
After you beat it, you'll get the message that says, "Screams echo from the Dungeon". Go down there, and farm to your hearts content, and finally get the armor you want. Get weapons from the dungeon, and farm plantera with them (Plantera weapons are too weak for that (In my opinion)). (Can you put parenthesis in parenthesis?(I don't know)). I do not mean to offend, and if I have, I apologize and will try to fix it. Tell me if you beat it!

Last edited:
It’s good, but I think you should specify which weapons should be used
Well, the strategy I listed here is very specific and forces you to make a melee approach using light discs and turtle armor. In my opinion, it doesn't matter your class for this, just that you wear turtle armor and throw light discs.

Here’s another easy way

1. Make a 3 high and roughly 60 block long corridor (shorter if you’re going for melee with a light disc)
2. Place a teleporter at each end. (Place a block so your character can’t enter the corridor, this means the spiky balls should get you) Wire it up, place a switch. And a campfire and/or honey I dunno I’m not your dad
3. Spawn Plantera, run to arena,attack, teleport when Plantera is close.
4. Spam till it dies.
5. Profit

It’s pretty similar to OP but just more simpler

Back
Top Bottom