Mobile How to build houses better

takoyaki

Spazmatism
Building has been pretty hard in mobile for a long time. This thread is to help with that.:D

Examples:
Dynasty Roof Shingles look good on boreal wood and older style buildings.:merchanthappy:

Hammers can change the way blocks look to make other shapes.

I’d like to see what you guys come up with for how to build houses better!:joy:

I might post a screenshot of my (very WIP) base on PC version tomorrow as an example of most of these. I haven't done a lot of detail yet and there's still a ton left to build because I have 4 huge mods, but it's getting there.
  • Walls that are two blocks thick look a lot better.
  • Use various shapes and sizes for rooms. Cookie-cutter box houses are boring to look at.
  • Try building into the landscape rather than just flattening the ground building on top. Large hills or tunnels work well for this.
  • Add supports for overhanging structures using vertical fences or sloped blocks in corners.
  • Add background details and "eye candy." Play around with different blocks and walls, and take advantage of the furniture options you have available.
  • For interior slopes in the floor, add sloped platforms on top of them for stairs. Don't slope the top block, so that it meets up with the solid floor.

I might post a screenshot of my (very WIP) base on PC version tomorrow as an example of most of these. I haven't done a lot of detail yet and there's still a ton left to build because I have 4 huge mods, but it's getting there.
  • Walls that are two blocks thick look a lot better.
  • Use various shapes and sizes for rooms. Cookie-cutter box houses are boring to look at.
  • Try building into the landscape rather than just flattening the ground building on top. Large hills or tunnels work well for this.
  • Add supports for overhanging structures using vertical fences or sloped blocks in corners.
  • Add background details and "eye candy." Play around with different blocks and walls, and take advantage of the furniture options you have available.
  • For interior slopes in the floor, add sloped platforms on top of them for stairs. Don't slope the top block, so that it meets up with the solid floor.
Thanks! I’ll definetly use these tips!

Back
Top Bottom