PC How to change interface font?

st0rm

Terrarian
So i started playing this game a few hours ago, and once getting past the mouse lag, resolution scale issue, customization and getting to know the game, i've come to absolutely despise the in-game font and cursor because of their low visibility and readability.

I've done the research and know there exists some solutions to the problem, but all the links ends on this site with a redirect to the main page, and forum seems to be cleared of the old posts regarding these matters, such as Svard's Interface Modding Compilation and Terraria-Interface-Mod by Testing_1_2.

Now, how do i go about this? I want a clear visible font like Calibri, Ubuntu, Tahoma or something like that..

The links ending up on the main page are likely redirects from the old website, Terraria Online, which was shut down a few months ago. You'll likely be looking for an up to date mod to achieve this end, though I can't say I'm aware of any personally.

Yeah that's what i figured Leinfors.. From what i gather the font .xnb files in ..\Content\Fonts can be replaced, by using spritefonts converted to .xnb format.
Looking into that..

When you say the cursor, do you mean the mouse cursor? (as opposed to the text cursor) Because I can't help you on the fonts, but I've made an enlarged mouse cursor for my own use, and I'd be happy to post it if you're interested.

I haven't used that one so I don't know if mine is better or worse... it does clip corner of the text, but just barely.
Here's how it looks.
BigCursor.png

Note that I'm also using the in-game option to add a thick border (the yellow part).

I might as well post it so you can give it a try if you wish. Just like the other one, the files go in Terraria\Content\Images\UI (back up the originals). There are four files: the regular cursor, smart cursor, and the border for each. May not be suitable for purists as it uses 1x1 pixels.

Attachments

• BigCursor.zip
    2 KB · Views: 309
That looks much better, by that screenshot it makes the text appear at an offset instead of right at the cursor. Gotta try it tomorrow, ty!

Edit:

It's great, should be standard in the game :)

Last edited:
Would still very much like to know how to change the interface font, it's absolutely terrible the standard one!

Techdude that's just awesome thx! I don't know what the Option 1 and 2 are about, but using the fonts from option 1 it crashes the game, but option 2 works!

I ran past your mod since the description didn't include what the mod was about, maybe you wanna do that?

Last edited:
Techdude that's just awesome thx! I don't know what the Option 1 and 2 are about, but using the fonts from option 1 it crashes the game, but option 2 works!

I ran past your mod since the description didn't include what the mod was about, maybe you wanna do that?
I'll update the description of the mod soon! Glad you like the pack! Within the option folders lie many different fonts, with an image to show how they will look. I will be editing some of the fonts for v1.1 soon. As for helping you with the crashing, that is a client side issue, unfortunately, I can't help with that. Maybe try a fresh install of Terraria, or re-install the interface texture pack again! Best of luck!

Just wonder, what tool(s) did you use to make the font files? Although I've never really had a problem with the default one, I'm curious to know how it's done.

Just wonder, what tool(s) did you use to make the font files? Although I've never really had a problem with the default one, I'm curious to know how it's done.

Personally, I am not quite sure. However, if you check out page 2 of my thread, two people were discussing how you make these fonts. I hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom