How to change title of a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWiz17

Spazmatism
I need this, again, for my social forum group The Cultists. I need to change a thread title to something else and it is really confusing to search around.

There should be an "edit" button to the right of the Thread on the list of Social Group Threads in your SG that you're a Moderator in. From there a drop down appears allowing you to change the thread name along with other things with checkmarks that say delete "open" and "sticky"

SG Edit Help 1.png

It should be possible to change the name of the Thread Title yourself in a Social Group you are a Moderator of.

How do I report a whole thread or do I have to report the first post?

Reporting the 1st post of a Thread works in cases on the normal Forums overall what you want the title changed to.

I should probably clarify as well, that on the normal Forums (as in Forum sections such as Crossroads/Forum Help & Feedback) that is where you report the 1st post of your own Threads that you want us to change for you. And within the 1st hour of creating a Thread on the normal forums, you can change it yourself. After that, it does need to be reported for us to change.

On Social Groups that you are a Moderator of, it is possible to do it yourself there however. Since you get similar tools in your Social Group to what we use for the overall Forums.

Last edited:
That doesn't appear for me even though I am the Creator, Moderator, and Member of the group. I've tried everything.

Had to use my test account to see what it looks like from your end.

Try going into the Thread of the Social Group you want to change the Title to, and it should appear from the Thread Tools menu within the Thread

SG Help 2.png

If it still doesn't appear for you, then we can change it for you if you Report what you want your new Thread title to be. I remember being able to change my own SG Thread Titles when I was a regular member a long time ago, but I had to double check. Just want to see if you can see this from the menu. It will always be fine for you to report the thread to what you want it to be either way, so there's nothing to worry about.

It's still not appearing. Could it be because it is another Social Forums moderator's thread? I'll just report it. Thank you for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom