How to create dust for ranged weapon ?

You want to spawn dust on the player body, or on the projectile ?
And you're using tmodloader, right ?
Yes . i use tmodloader.
Yes i want spawn dust on weapon that i use when i shoot, that will be more correctly. Not projectile.
I wanna make something like smoke after shoot. or bullet casing that flying arround after shoot.
And i very interesting how to create animation for gun - example : minigun spinning barrels when its shooting.
:)

Last edited:
You can use this, in the ITEM.cs file of your weapon.
C#:
        public override bool Shoot(Player player, ref Vector2 position, ref float speedX, ref float speedY, ref int type, ref int damage, ref float knockBack)

{

Vector2 muzzleOffset = Vector2.Normalize(new Vector2(speedX, speedY)) * 64f;

if (Collision.CanHit(position, 0, 0, position + muzzleOffset, 0, 0))

position += muzzleOffset;

int dustQuantity = 5; // How many particles do you want ?

for(int i = 0 ; i < dustQuantity ; i ++)

{

Vector2 dustOffset = Vector2.Normalize(new Vector2(speedX, speedY)) * 32f;

int dust = Dust.NewDust(player.position + dustOffset, item.width, item.height, 6); // Create the dust, "6" is the dust type (fire, in that case).

Main.dust[dust].noGravity = true; // Is the dust affected by gravity ?

Main.dust[dust].velocity *= 1f;    // Change the dust velocity.

Main.dust[dust].scale = 1.5f;    // Change the dust size.

}

return true; // Do you want the weapon to shoot the initial projectile ?

}

It will spawn dust on the weapon when used, feel free to change it however you need to.

You can use this, in the ITEM.cs file of your weapon.
C#:
        public override bool Shoot(Player player, ref Vector2 position, ref float speedX, ref float speedY, ref int type, ref int damage, ref float knockBack)

{

Vector2 muzzleOffset = Vector2.Normalize(new Vector2(speedX, speedY)) * 64f;

if (Collision.CanHit(position, 0, 0, position + muzzleOffset, 0, 0))

position += muzzleOffset;

int dustQuantity = 5; // How many particles do you want ?

for(int i = 0 ; i < dustQuantity ; i ++)

{

Vector2 dustOffset = Vector2.Normalize(new Vector2(speedX, speedY)) * 32f;

int dust = Dust.NewDust(player.position + dustOffset, item.width, item.height, 6); // Create the dust, "6" is the dust type (fire, in that case).

Main.dust[dust].noGravity = true; // Is the dust affected by gravity ?

Main.dust[dust].velocity *= 1f;    // Change the dust velocity.

Main.dust[dust].scale = 1.5f;    // Change the dust size.

}

return true; // Do you want the weapon to shoot the initial projectile ?

}

It will spawn dust on the weapon when used, feel free to change it however you need to.
Wow thank you very much !!

Back
Top Bottom