How to defeat the destroyer extremeley easily

Bed_breaker117

The Destroyer
I know there are a lot of people out there looking for help on the destroyer fight.This is a guide I've been wanting to realease for a while now.So here we go

Step 1:
Don't make an arena! instead,make a box.You can fit a house for the nurse if you wan't but you don't need to.In that box, fit a campfire,heart lantern,and a bit of honey.THe reason why we are making this box as it block the probes and thier lasers from hitting you.you should also make another room so you can block the destroyer's lasers when it comes through.

Step 2:perepare your buffs and weapons.
for melee: shadowflame knife and chain guillotines
for ranger:deadelus stormbow
for mage:cursed flames or crystal storm
for summoner:blade staff and firecracker/durendal if you have enough hallowed bars from another mech

My recommended weapons: deadulus stormbow (obviously) and cursed flames + fircracker and an imp staff

Step 3: Summon the destroyer,drink your buffs,and start attacking the destroyer when it comes inside.For summoner,you can attack the destroyer even outside the box with whips.When the probes come in,take a second to kill them and the keep attacking.This way,you will pick up the hearts and mana stars that the probes drop.

Hopefully this guide was useful for you! :happy:
Credits:happydayz

The Daedalus Stormbow is incredibly useful for all of the mechanical bosses, especially the Twins.

How is it post-nerf? I remember it being entirely overpowered and then I remember something about a nerf.

Anyhow, for Destroyer I can offer a couple more solutions:

1). Use Adamantite Melee Armor with Ironskin+Rejuv potion and a band of regeneration. Probably overkill, but that + campfire+heart lantern nearby you don't need an arena, or a box, or a nurse.
2). If you have Crimson, fish up a Bladetongue. A Bladetongue can kill the Destroyer in about 45 seconds (sometimes less if you get lucky). If you also have a cross necklace, you will only get hit about 36 times, assuming you are actively getting hit every second (which should not be the case). The lasers deal 40-50 damage (depending on if the lasers came from the body or probes). The body does 55 damage.
3). Adamantite Armor (Melee) has a Defense of 46. This, Plus an Ironskin Potion gives you 54 Defense. This means that assuming you do not have any Warding accessories, you will have 56 Defense with the Obsidian Shield which gives you 28 damage reduction. The Lasers will then deal 12-22 damage per hit and the melee attacks will deal 27 damage.
4). If you have 400 health + Greater Healing Potion (which is +100 health), you effectively have 500 health, not counting regen.
5). This means that at 27 damage per hit, every 1.33 seconds (which is 18 DPS), it will take the worm 27 seconds to kill you assuming you're getting hit every opportunity. However, during these 27 seconds, you would also have regenerated 4-5HP per second during these 27 seconds which gives you an additional 108-135HP which brings the total time for the worm to kill you to 34 - 35 seconds which is only 10 shy of the time the bladetongue will kill the worm.
6). Adding two warding accessories of any kind reduces it's DPS by 4 making it have 14 DPS which means you would survive 38-39 seconds. Adding four would change this to more than 60 seconds.

The basic strategy would be to simply stand in place and only dodge the worm's body and if you can dodge a laser and get a second where you're not getting hit by jumping, that would only extend your time to live.

But basically you'd just stand there and hold the mouse button until it dies. You literally can't get any easier than that without building elaborate auto kill arenas or the like. This method doesn't require any building whatsoever other than plunking down a campfire and a heart lantern near you. You could also build a straight solid line of blocks above you to block some of the lasers, but it really isn't necessary.

The Fetid Baghnakhs would do this even faster, as well. You could also add a summon for slightly more damage, when I did the ~45 second bladetongue kill, I didn't have a summon active at the time. A grindwheel would also be nice here, as would a shark tooth necklace, neither of which I had when I did this last.

Last edited:
How is it post-nerf? I remember it being entirely overpowered and then I remember something about a nerf.

Anyhow, for Destroyer I can offer a couple more solutions:

1). Use Adamantite Melee Armor with Ironskin+Rejuv potion and a band of regeneration. Probably overkill, but that + campfire+heart lantern nearby you don't need an arena, or a box, or a nurse.
2). If you have Crimson, fish up a Bladetongue. A Bladetongue can kill the Destroyer in about 45 seconds (sometimes less if you get lucky). If you also have a cross necklace, you will only get hit about 36 times, assuming you are actively getting hit every second (which should not be the case). The lasers deal 40-50 damage (depending on if the lasers came from the body or probes). The body does 55 damage.
3). Adamantite Armor (Melee) has a Defense of 46. This, Plus an Ironskin Potion gives you 54 Defense. This means that assuming you do not have any Warding accessories, you will have 56 Defense with the Obsidian Shield which gives you 28 damage reduction. The Lasers will then deal 12-22 damage per hit and the melee attacks will deal 27 damage.
4). If you have 400 health + Greater Healing Potion (which is +100 health), you effectively have 500 health, not counting regen.
5). This means that at 27 damage per hit, every 1.33 seconds (which is 18 DPS), it will take the worm 27 seconds to kill you assuming you're getting hit every opportunity. However, during these 27 seconds, you would also have regenerated 4-5HP per second during these 27 seconds which gives you an additional 108-135HP which brings the total time for the worm to kill you to 34 - 35 seconds which is only 10 shy of the time the bladetongue will kill the worm.
6). Adding two warding accessories of any kind reduces it's DPS by 4 making it have 14 DPS which means you would survive 38-39 seconds. Adding four would change this to more than 60 seconds.

The basic strategy would be to simply stand in place and only dodge the worm's body and if you can dodge a laser and get a second where you're not getting hit by jumping, that would only extend your time to live.

But basically you'd just stand there and hold the mouse button until it dies. You literally can't get any easier than that without building elaborate auto kill arenas or the like. This method doesn't require any building whatsoever other than plunking down a campfire and a heart lantern near you. You could also build a straight solid line of blocks above you to block some of the lasers, but it really isn't necessary.

The Fetid Baghnakhs would do this even faster, as well. You could also add a summon for slightly more damage, when I did the ~45 second bladetongue kill, I didn't have a summon active at the time. A grindwheel would also be nice here, as would a shark tooth necklace, neither of which I had when I did this last.
It is still very good,the daedelus storm bow.Sure,it takes longer to kill but for a main weapon it is still very good against the destroyer.As for weapons,I just put the weapons I have the most experience with the destroyer.I'd say that you could almost forgo any defensive accesories and just keep a bit of armor and you are good.Let's add the fact that some people might have titanium armor and crimson worlds,which has those op shards regenrated by doing damage and the fetid baghnakhs(?).Add that to the fact that you will be very close knitted with the destroyer and you've got yourself and winning combination.the box is the to protect from the millions of lasers that the destroyer will throw at you,and like me,if you are horrible at dodging then this type of method is great.

ranger u can also use super star shooter if u defeated other mechs and have stars left, the stars pierce infinitely and each hit hits twice.

ranger u can also use super star shooter if u defeated other mechs and have stars left, the stars pierce infinitely and each hit hits twice.
this is assuming u are in a box.Weapons like this cannot be used optimally since only a few segments will be running through the box.other weapons that pierce will not be so good either

Back
Top Bottom