tModLoader How to Downgrade Back to 1.3.4.4

Binary Wolf

Terrarian
It looks like it could be a while until tModLoader updates to support 1.3.5. I know there's a patch available, but it only works on Windows at the moment. In the meantime, if anyone wants to download 1.3.4.4 again, you can get it through Steam. You just need to use the steam console. I've only tried this on Linux, so I can't guarantee it'll work on others. I see no reason why it wouldn't though.

Step 1: Close Steam if it's running.

Step 2: Launch Steam with the "-console" flag. (Open a terminal and run "steam -console" On Windows I think you can also use the "run" utility) There should be an extra "Console" tab.
UC98lYC.png

Step 3: Open the console tab and enter the command for your OS:
Linux: "download_depot 105600 105602 1724598424009969555"
Mac: "download_depot 105600 105603 5456929779685479800"
Windows: "download_depot 105600 105601 7118084600027986257"
It should say "Downloading depot 105602 (2XX MB) ..."

Step 4: Patience is a virtue; possess it if you can. The download is super slow and there is no progress bar. It will write "depot download complete" followed by the path it downloaded to when it finishes.

Step 5: Make note of the path Steam downloaded to. Install tModLoader in this directory like usual (Don't use the jar! You'll have to do a manual install, just extract contents of the tModLoader archive to this directory and overwrite when is asks).

Step 6: Launch Terraria using the executable in this directory. It still needs Steam to be running to work, but launching through Steam will still run 1.3.5 vanilla.

This could very well be common knowledge, but I just figured it out and thought I'd share since many people seem to be complaining about having to wait for their mods.

Cheers!;)

I think I would like to interject here - while we don't think there's really anything wrong with doing this (we're still checking it out), we don't really recommend this if you are at all unsure of what you are doing. You should definitely back up your player/world/settings files before attempting this, regardless.

Re-Logic cannot be responsible for damage/loss of your game files or data from doing this, so this is definitely 'at your own risk'.

They will be updating tModLoader as soon as they can, it's not a terrible idea to just wait for that. Just my opinion.

I tried to load up the steam console doing what you said but whatever i tried i couldn't load steam with the extra console tab. Please help i really want to play nterraria.

I think I would like to interject here - while we don't think there's really anything wrong with doing this (we're still checking it out), we don't really recommend this if you are at all unsure of what you are doing. You should definitely back up your player/world/settings files before attempting this, regardless.

Re-Logic cannot be responsible for damage/loss of your game files or data from doing this, so this is definitely 'at your own risk'.

They will be updating tModLoader as soon as they can, it's not a terrible idea to just wait for that. Just my opinion.
They Already Have
[doublepost=1492873352,1492873100][/doublepost]
They Already Have
But Only For Windows , For Now

I tried the commands listed with open and run but the don't work
[doublepost=1493753142,1493752921][/doublepost]and Admin, can you put a suggestion up to the devs if possible, to make it that we can revert to an earlier version if wanted?

and Admin, can you put a suggestion up to the devs if possible, to make it that we can revert to an earlier version if wanted?

This has been requested in the past and if I remember right the answer was along the lines of it being a steam issue and not something that the game can address. Send a letter to steam and maybe if enough people bug them about it, then they will add a downgrade feature to their client or at least stop forcing auto-update even when people set it to disabled.

Hi Binary Wolf,

These instructions are great--just having trouble with this last step:

> Step 6: Launch Terraria using the executable in this directory. It still needs Steam to be running to work, but launching through Steam will still run 1.3.5 vanilla.

The tModLoader folder has a Terraria.exe executable, but no OS X Terraria application, so I'm not sure how to launch the 1.3.4.4 binary directly (as opposed to from within Steam, which won't work because it will always choose 1.3.5). Sow hen you say "Launch Terraria using the executable in this directory" do you mean to just double click it or is there some other way?

Thanks!

Thanks, worked great :)
I should've checked that all my mods were updated before going to 1.3.5 -_-

Back
Top Bottom