How to easily beat the Expert WoF

Minifeg

Steampunker
It's pretty easy to beat WoF on expert mode. It may seem hard, but this guide will make it a lot easier

Step 1 : Build an arena
An arena simply consists of a long flat bridge in the underworld. Pretty easy

Step 2 : Gear (Weapons, Armor, Accessories)
The requirements for this battle are Molten Armor, as many warding accessories as you can get, Hermes Boots, and, the key to the fight, The Bees Knees.

Step 3 : Potions
The only potions required for this fight are Ironskin, Regen, Heartreach and Archery, None of which are very challenging to get.

Step 4 : Guide Voodoo Doll
This step is super simple. Just go to the underworld and farm for a guide voodoo doll.

Step 5 : You are ready
You are now prepared to fight the wall of flesh. Use The Bees Knees while running across your bridge. Especially aim for the eyes.

That's just about it. Good luck!

I've been playing expert-hardcore exclusively for some time now, and beenades have proven to be by far the fastest and most reliable win for me. Bonus is that farming the queen bee can net several platinum for very little effort. QB is an easy kill with the simplest of jungle arenas, and you get into a groove to where you're killing three queens in the span of one potion cycle. Takes about 5-6 kills to get 300 beenades, of which you really only need half.

Don't forget to mention Hivepack as a critical accessory whether you're doing beenades or Bees Knees.

Armor is always important, but I wouldn't burn platinum trying to eek out that last +1 defense on your lightning boots. I find the obsidan shield to be helpful so that you don't get knocked around and lose speed. Shield of Cthulu is good for regaining full speed if you do lose it. I also have the Fuzzy Carrot as my standard mount (make sure you have enough clearance on your bridge).

I tend to build a 3000' platform, but only need half of it. I get paranoid and go for overkill since I play hardcore.

When I defeated wall of fresh, I mainly used summons, dynamite, and bee grenades. I kept running and throwing them on my 1800ft bridge and eventually beat it.

Accessories I used:
-Molten armor
-Lightning boots
-Pink horseshoe balloon
-Cloud in a balloon
-Royal Gel
- Hive Pack

Weapons I used:
-Night's edge
-Bee gun
-Dynamite
-Bee nades
-Molten fury
-Bee's knees
-Minishark w/silver bullets (arm's dealer sells them for 14-15 copper each at blood moon)
-Imp staff/hornet staff

Strategies I used:
I put small boulder pockets (2 boulders) above me in range of my pickaxe every 300ft~ and activated them so they hit the wall of fresh for another few 500's while my summons take it down.

I dont even know why I got so many bee nades (2000~) since I only used 200...guess ill keep them for hardmode enemies (unicorns)

Btw ironskin, regen, swiftness, heartreach, lifeforce and restoration/greater healing potions are recommended

-

Coming back to the forums in '23, I've reread this and the fight isn't all that complicated. Just build a well-sized bridge, spam beenades and get a fast mount/accessories. Ranged is still best.

Last edited:
You should absolutely get max health before beating WoF. I don’t know if you know about the challenge that beating him brings, but you’ll need the health even once the fight ends.

You should absolutely get max health before beating WoF. I don’t know if you know about the challenge that beating him brings, but you’ll need the health even once the fight ends.
400 HP is generally not needed, however you should have 400 just because your going into hardmode.

It's pretty easy to beat WoF on expert mode. It may seem hard, but this guide will make it a lot easier

Step 1 : Build an arena
An arena simply consists of a long flat bridge in the underworld. Pretty easy

Step 2 : Gear (Weapons, Armor, Accessories)
The requirements for this battle are Molten Armor, as many warding accessories as you can get, Hermes Boots, and, the key to the fight, The Bees Knees.

Step 3 : Potions
The only potions required for this fight are Ironskin, Regen, Heartreach and Archery, None of which are very challenging to get.

Step 4 : Guide Voodoo Doll
This step is super simple. Just go to the underworld and farm for a guide voodoo doll.

Step 5 : You are ready
You are now prepared to fight the wall of flesh. Use The Bees Knees while running across your bridge. Especially aim for the eyes.

That's just about it. Good luck!
While doing an expert mode ranger playthrough, I beat the wall of Flesh with only a Star Cannon, ~150 stars, water walking, and obsidian skin.

Lava slimes in expert mode. This can destroy your bridge which is not good, and the royal gel makes it so the lava slime doesnt attack you so you shouldnt kill it and it wont drop lava. I only use it for the building of the bridge, than take it off during the fight
That's why you use obsidian platforms

The Hellwing bow has significantly higher dps than the bee’s knees along with piercing and autofire
Since you die so quickly, you should optimize attack and power and wear each class’ respective armor.
You should specify the hellbridge length and point out that you can’t use platforms. You also need holes in your hellbridge to let lava flow through

Stock up on any and all potions you can get, you’ll need them.
Go out of your way to farm for stars to shred the wall of flesh
If you use the Hellwing bow, point out that you should use hellfire arrows

Back
Top Bottom