PC How to easily defeat Duke Fishron in Expert Mode?

agentbari2

Skeletron
Hiya there!

I'm agentbari2, and I've been playing terraria for 3 years now. I had forgot all about, Terraria until recently, when I got back into PC gaming. Alot has changed, and the last time I played being on the mobile port in V1.2, I had quite a shock when I realised how far Terraria had gotten in terms of updates. My first time playing Terraria on PC, and I have 110+ hours on it despite making the purchase a few days ago. I started my world in Expert Mode, since I already knew quite alot about the game. I have just recently defeated Golem, and I am looking to defeat Duke Fishron for the Fishron Wings. If you have any knowledge on him, and/or have a good Truffle Worm farm method, please do let me know! :passionate:

I will be embedding links for ease of access incase anyone would like to look up the things I have mentioned.

The battle was a breeze and I have learned much from it. Here is a link to full-pledged tutorial on how to defeat Duke Fishron!

Last edited:
I would like to share my thanks priorly, to everyone that might be loooking to help me out. Much appreciated! :)

Martian Madness weapons are the easiest to obtain that work extremely well on him. Xenopopper, Xeno Staff, Influx Waver and Laser Machinegun are all solid.

Use the Shield of Cthulhu, its dash is invaluable for mobility. Tabi has a longer dash, but SoC is better since hitting something with the dash gives brief iframes, so you can counter his lunges by dashing into him with the right timing.

Most tips for the fight are basically "git gud at dodging", but it's important to note that his third phase is a set pattern: he will always teleport behind you after one charge, then it will be two charges and he'll teleport again, and finally three more charges before the pattern resets. If you know this and you time your SoC dashes right, this will be the easiest phase for you.

For easy Truffle Worms, clentaminate a part of your jungle with Dark Blue solution, and have some Hunter/Battle potions and a Lifeform analyzer. There is no point on building a more complex farm since you'll just fight him a few times in one run.

Hiya there!

I'm agentbari2, and I've been playing terraria for 3 years now. I had forgot all about, Terraria until recently, when I got back into PC gaming. Alot has changed, and the last time I played being on the mobile port in V1.2, I had quite a shock when I realised how far Terraria had gotten in terms of updates. My first time playing Terraria on PC, and I have 110+ hours on it despite making the purchase a few days ago. I started my world in Expert Mode, since I already knew quite alot about the game. I have just recently defeated Golem, and I am looking to defeat Duke Fishron for the Fishron Wings. If you have any knowledge on him, and/or have a good Truffle Worm farm method, please do let me know! :passionate:

I will be embedding links for ease of access incase anyone would like to look up the things I have mentioned.

Kind Regards,
agentbari2
if you've beaten him before, use the flairon and run, the homing bubbles should do the trick. If it's too hard obtaining one, go to a normal mode world and defeat him there to obtain it.

Martian Madness weapons are the easiest to obtain that work extremely well on him. Xenopopper, Xeno Staff, Influx Waver and Laser Machinegun are all solid.

Use the Shield of Cthulhu, its dash is invaluable for mobility. Tabi has a longer dash, but SoC is better since hitting something with the dash gives brief iframes, so you can counter his lunges by dashing into him with the right timing.

Most tips for the fight are basically "git gud at dodging", but it's important to note that his third phase is a set pattern: he will always teleport behind you after one charge, then it will be two charges and he'll teleport again, and finally three more charges before the pattern resets. If you know this and you time your SoC dashes right, this will be the easiest phase for you.

For easy Truffle Worms, clentaminate a part of your jungle with Dark Blue solution, and have some Hunter/Battle potions and a Lifeform analyzer. There is no point on building a more complex farm since you'll just fight him a few times in one run.

Thanks so much! I already use the Shield of Cthulu as it's pretty much the solid choice for dodging. As for theLifeform analyzer, I recently made a smartphone and I'm using it alot in expert mode. And thanks so much for the potion tips. I recently made a potion farm to get easy materials. Tough the only thing I have been crafting have been the Ironskin Potion, Regeneration Poiton, Healing Potion & the Swiftness Potion. I will definitely try the Battle Potion to get the Truffle Worms faster. The help is much appreciated mate! :naughty:

if you've beaten him before, use the flairon and run, the homing bubbles should do the trick. If it's too hard obtaining one, go to a normal mode world and defeat him there to obtain it.

I've got the game on my PC just newly so I haven't beaten Duke Fishron before. And I don't want to go into another difficulty to get a special item. Thanks for the help but this method is just not for me. Maybe someone else might find some use. Thanks alot anyways! :happy:

if you are fast and keep a distance, vamp knives (and chain gun, from Santa-nk1) work well too

with any bullet, crystal and chlorophyte work well. I've beaten him countless ways, so if you're unsure abt a weapon, don't be afraid to ask! ^^

if you are fast and keep a distance, vamp knives (and chain gun, from Santa-nk1) work well too
Hmm, would using the Terra Blade projectiles at range, following it up by the Vampire Knives work? Since the life steal on the Knives are really useful during battles.

I also read that Ichor, dropped by the Ichor Stickers in the Crimson weaken Duke Fishron. If you know anything about that could you please let me know? Thanks!

one more word of advice, don't forget when he stops momentarily, and its not the phase 2 change, he's sending out two sharknados. the longer the fight, the bigger they get, and those do insane damage to you, especially in expert. I recommend a decent size battlefield with space to run and fly.

edit: just saw your post, you need a spell tome, from the wizard, I think about 30 ichor, ichor stickers are in the underground and cavern layers of the crimson in hard mode, and 15 souls of night.

ichor bullets work too, but I prefer stronger bullets for most of this battle.

do you have beetle armor?

one more word of advice, don't forget when he stops momentarily, and its not the phase 2 change, he's sending out two sharknados. the longer the fight, the bigger they get, and those do insane damage to you, especially in expert. I recommend a decent size battlefield with space to run and fly.

edit: just saw your post, you need a spell tome, from the wizard, I think about 30 ichor, ichor stickers are in the underground and cavern layers of the crimson in hard mode, and 15 souls of night.

ichor bullets work too, but I prefer stronger bullets for most of this battle.

do you have beetle armor?

Yup! I have Beetle Armor, and the 40% damage reduction is HUGE in Expert Mode.

So from what I understand, you can make Ichor Flasks. How does that work? If you know Please shed some light.

[EDIT]
I just found out how to make them. And the debuff they give. Thanks again!

if you've beaten queen bee, the witch doctor moves in, who sells the crafting station (imbuing station) for making flasks. the recipe for ichor flasks is: bottled water (1), ichor (2). it causes melee attacks to decrease enemy defense when used.

The battle was a breeze and I have learned much from it. Here is a link to full-pledged tutorial on how to defeat Duke Fishron!

Back
Top Bottom