How to install tModloader 1.4

I want to improve my fps, but I don't know how to get tModloader for 1.4, can you help?
Switch your tmodloader branch on steam to "preview". Be warned that until tmodloader updates (which should happen sometime in may) this version will be unstable

Switch your tmodloader branch on steam to "preview". Be warned that until tmodloader updates (which should happen sometime in may) this version will be unstable
I recommend the "stable" branch instead. The stable one will only be updated at the start of each month, while the preview one will be updated whenever which may break mods.

I recommend the "stable" branch instead. The stable one will only be updated at the start of each month, while the preview one will be updated whenever which may break mods.
Stable is currently not on 1.4, iirc. If they want 1.4 now, they should use preview, though I don't recommend it

Stable is currently not on 1.4, iirc. If they want 1.4 now, they should use preview, though I don't recommend it
As of the start of April, there's now a stable version of tModloader 1.4. It's still in alpha, so caution is needed but it should be reasonably reliable.
1649592000132.png

This is taken from the tModloader discord #announcements channel (Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities):
We're happy to announce that the tModLoader 1.4 Alpha experience will now be split between 2 branches - 1.4-preview and 1.4-stable. Most players on stable will be able to play without the fear of tModLoader updates breaking the game and their mods without notice. Each change will get a test period of up to one month, with the usually actively updated preview branch getting frozen for the last 7 days of every month, giving every mod developer time to update their mods and react to new changes, before the preview changes (and mod releases targeting the preview branch) move onto the 1.4-stable branch on the 1st day of each month. We now encourage all 1.3 mod developers to come and start porting their mods to 1.4! With some concerted effort, feedback and support, we hope to have the next 'stable' release of TML 1.4 (that's coming out in May) be one truly worthy of being called 'stable', just about in time for Terraria 1.4's 2 year anniversary. However, it is necessary to mention that this does not mean the end of the Alpha period, as many changes and improvements are still planned, but we believe that the API is now as if not more usable than 1.3's, and that regardless of the planned changes, the user and developer experiences will now be comfortable enough to facilitate full migration to 1.4.

Back
Top Bottom