How to kill a biome mimic

Did this method work

• Total voters

Electroman102

Duke Fishron
The most useful monster you will probably ever kill before the mechanical bosses are the biome mimics. However, these things are really hard to kill, so I wanted to share how I killed a biome mimic

Armor
You at the least need an Orichalcum mask and cobalt leggings and chestplate.

Weapons
Hel-Fire works a charm
Lightning rod (optional)

Mount
Unicorn

Accessories
Shield of Cthulhu (to get away)
Spectre boots or wings
Frozen Turtle Shell
Cloud in a bottle
Yoyo bag (optional, I didn’t use it)

Healing
Heal yourself by using GREATER healing potions.

Arena

A simple arena with a wall and a long platform for a roof. A campfire and heart lantern helps.

Fighting
Place Key of Night in an empty chest. Get to the roof, and hit the mimic. Use the arena and mount to get away from the BM, while hitting the BM with Hel-Fire

I hope you enjoyed my guide! Let me know if this method works for you!

Last edited:
A nice way to kill them straight away in hardmode is to make a long strip of platforms, make sure you have spectre boots or better, a shield of cthulhu, a couple hundred crystal bullets, necro armor, and a phoenix blaster.
Basically you run down the platforms. The mimic isn't as fast as you, and will continue dashing while doing nothing else. Thus you can just shoot it over and over. When you get to the end of the platforms you drop down, use the rocket part of the boots, and fly back up behind the mimic. Use the shield of cthulhu to instantly regain running speed, and repeat.

Back
Top Bottom