Did this method work?

• Almost did!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Electroman102

Duke Fishron
The first boss you will fight will likely be the Eye if Cthulhu, and sometimes, you just can’t kill the darn eye. So, I have came up with a way to kill the Eye of Cthulhu, that worked well for me.
NOTE: I tested this on the mobile version.

You need at minimum:

Lead armor (full set)
Flippers
Enchanted boomerang

Area to fight in: Ocean

During fight:
Swim around in the ocean, avoiding the EoC while hitting it with your boomerang. Don’t forget to swim up to take a breath!

Let me know if this works out for you!

The big issue here is that you need to get to the ocean to do this, which in the very early part of the game is totally unnecessary when you can do the fight perfectly fine on land. I just don't see how a normal ground arena can out weigh the effort to simply GO to the place where I wan't to fight EoC in the first place,. Also though I haven't tested it yet wouldn't it be MUCH harder to predict where EoC is going to charge in the water due to your movement not being simply left and right? Especially during his Expert Mode charge spam phase.

The big issue here is that you need to get to the ocean to do this, which in the very early part of the game is totally unnecessary when you can do the fight perfectly fine on land. I just don't see how a normal ground arena can out weigh the effort to simply GO to the place where I wan't to fight EoC in the first place,. Also though I haven't tested it yet wouldn't it be MUCH harder to predict where EoC is going to charge in the water due to your movement not being simply left and right? Especially during his Expert Mode charge spam phase.
True, but I think when your ready to fight the eye, you can get to the ocean no problem. And, the ocean gives a lot of freedom of movement.

Ocean isn't a very good source against the eye. If we are talking expert, thats a huge no no, especially with equipment listed. If you were doing mobile anyway, heres my guide for every boss besides destroyer and duke.
Equipment:
Wooden Bow (or any bow that doesn't transform arrows)
Heart Arrows (a HUGE amount)

Armor:
Optional

I would rate this guide a

2 / 5

Main Reason: Boomerangs are at a disadvantage in water as there travel time are reduced.

Minor Reasons:
Lazy Excuse not to set up an arena
Forgetting to breath can end the battle extremely fast ( Especially without a full health bar )
Bad Horizontal Movement
If you decide to use a bow with flame arrows, your arrows will have a suprise date with the water, and lets say it ain't goin work.

This Guide is kinda newish, but I mean its a guide that will work.

What I did was using grenades, shurikens, anything i had really, and most of my npcs fought against the eye also. In order to heal, I use healing potions as much as possible and if I had potion sickness, go to the nurse and heal really quick. The nurse healing is only useful if you have some money with you. I wore ninja armor and a royal gel at the time because I was a noob.

Back
Top Bottom