How to kill Probes during Destroyer fight?

Confuted

Terrarian
Hello, this is my first post.

I am in an Expert playthrough and I just got to hardmode as a ranger. I have made a skybox up in the air, way above the ground, to kill the destroyer. I summoned him, and all was going great -- I was doing over 1000 dps with my Daedelus Stormbow and Holy Arrows, but the Probes just phased through the wall and did melee damage to me. I tried to hit them with my Onyx Blaster, but I couldn't. They phase through the wall to quickly for me to switch my weapon. How do I deal with the Probes attacking me?

A minion could help. On PC, Sanguines or Blades will independently damage the probes. If your box is much smaller, you would have more time before the probes can target you, giving you time to switch to a better weapon. I believe that whips (Firecracker or Durendal) can attack Probes through walls if you need that, and synergize with your minions.

Thank you for the help, I used a minion and expanded the box, and I made sure to focus on the Probes this time, and it worked. Focusing the Probes were my main issue. Instead of Destroyer>Destroyer>Destroyer>Destroyer, I do Destroyer>Probe>Destroyer>Probe. Thank you for your help! Now I can get the Megashark and do Skeletron Prime in like 30 seconds!

Back
Top Bottom