Console How To Kill The Golem In Pre-Hardmode (No Temple Key Needed!)

Matthew Devenish

Spazmatism
Let's just suggest that you have Molten Armour, you're pre-Hardmode, and you can't kill The Wall Of Flesh no matter how hard you try. Well, now you can get items, that will make you GOD!(until Hardmode...)

First off, you will need a mechanic NPC. Buy the following things:

1 Wrench (any colour)
1 Wire Cutter (optional but you'll surely mess up...)
8 Wire
1 Switch (or Pressure Plate)
6 Actuators

Also grab 6 blocks of choice and a hammer.

Now go to the Lihzard Temple in your Jungle. Place all your stuff like this.

B=Block D=Door S=Switch Italic Letter has wire on it

S
B D B
B
D B
B
D B

Make sure the blocks are slanted, facing away from the door as right-angled triangles.

After that place the actuators over the blocks, and then click the switch and walk through. Bring an extra wiring item, so you can identify the highly dangerous traps. Make your way over to the Boss Room (whilst grabbing any Lihzard Power Cells from any chests), and place blocks in a line above the ground, so you can activate the traps. Then summon Golem, and use the pressure plates to activate the traps, which will kill him eventually. Defense above 20 is necessary for surviving his eventual laser shots. Kill him to get any of the following:

Possessed Hatchet
Temple Staff Of Earth
Heat Ray
Picksaw
Eye Of The Golem
Sun Stone
Golem Mask
Golem Trophy

Now use whatever you got against the Wall Of Flesh and you're going good! Once you're in hardmode especially if you've gotten the Possessed Hatchet, you should be able to fend off the mobs until you actually get the Temple Key from Plantera. If want to know if this will guaranteed help you, I can tell you that in all my let's plays, I've done this succesfully and used the items until Post-Plantera. Hell, I've even done it on class specific playthroughs!

Hope you found this guide useful :golem:

Let's just suggest that you have Molten Armour, you're pre-Hardmode, and you can't kill The Wall Of Flesh no matter how hard you try. Well, now you can get items, that will make you GOD!(until Hardmode...)

First off, you will need a mechanic NPC. Buy the following things:

1 Wrench (any colour)
1 Wire Cutter (optional but you'll surely mess up...)
8 Wire
1 Switch (or Pressure Plate)
6 Actuators

Also grab 6 blocks of choice and a hammer.

Now go to the Lihzard Temple in your Jungle. Place all your stuff like this.

B=Block D=Door S=Switch Italic Letter has wire on it

S
B D B
B
D B
B
D B

Make sure the blocks are slanted, facing away from the door as right-angled triangles.

After that place the actuators over the blocks, and then click the switch and walk through. Bring an extra wiring item, so you can identify the highly dangerous traps. Make your way over to the Boss Room (whilst grabbing any Lihzard Power Cells from any chests), and place blocks in a line above the ground, so you can activate the traps. Then summon Golem, and use the pressure plates to activate the traps, which will kill him eventually. Defense above 20 is necessary for surviving his eventual laser shots. Kill him to get any of the following:

Possessed Hatchet
Temple Staff Of Earth
Heat Ray
Picksaw
Eye Of The Golem
Sun Stone
Golem Mask
Golem Trophy

Now use whatever you got against the Wall Of Flesh and you're going good! Once you're in hardmode especially if you've gotten the Possessed Hatchet, you should be able to fend off the mobs until you actually get the Temple Key from Plantera. If want to know if this will guaranteed help you, I can tell you that in all my let's plays, I've done this succesfully and used the items until Post-Plantera. Hell, I've even done it on class specific playthroughs!

Hope you found this guide useful :golem:
You're now required to kill Plantera before you can summon Golem.

i cant really understand the S
B D B
B
D B
B
D B
The S simply means a switch.

S
B D B
B
D B
B
D B

Cheat.png

I don't know if Console has the Solar Eclipse Tablets yet, but I know that you can collect them in the PC version, even before defeating Plantera.

I've done this in a number of playthroughs, where I'd lure Lihzahrds in by standing right next to the door to cause them to spawn outside the Temple, and in one playthrough, there was a tiny dip right next to the door that I placed lava in so that the lava would kill the Lihzarhds too and I wound up with enough tablets to spawn 4 Eclipses before I fought Plantera.

This lets you get an early Terra Blade and Moon Stone (though the Moon Stone isn't hugely useful, unless you use it to fight the mechs or something lol).

Otherwise, if Console doesn't have the Solar Tablets yet, then there's no real reason to do this, and there's nothing interesting in the chests (Power Cells that have no use for you yet, as well as the Furnace which also has no use yet).

I don't know if Console has the Solar Eclipse Tablets yet, but I know that you can collect them in the PC version, even before defeating Plantera.

I've done this in a number of playthroughs, where I'd lure Lihzahrds in by standing right next to the door to cause them to spawn outside the Temple, and in one playthrough, there was a tiny dip right next to the door that I placed lava in so that the lava would kill the Lihzarhds too and I wound up with enough tablets to spawn 4 Eclipses before I fought Plantera.

This lets you get an early Terra Blade and Moon Stone (though the Moon Stone isn't hugely useful, unless you use it to fight the mechs or something lol).

Otherwise, if Console doesn't have the Solar Tablets yet, then there's no real reason to do this, and there's nothing interesting in the chests (Power Cells that have no use for you yet, as well as the Furnace which also has no use yet).
Console doesn't have Solar Tablets yet. Current gen will get 1.3 hopefully sometime next year. :)

Ahhh, ok. Then there's zero reason for a console person to wanna get into the Temple or fight Lihzarhds early...
Well, there's the traps. If you're building an arena/farm that requires a lot of traps, it is useful to generate a few resource worlds where you raid the temple early.

Well, there's the traps. If you're building an arena/farm that requires a lot of traps, it is useful to generate a few resource worlds where you raid the temple early.

Have fun with the nigh-unkillable Lihzarhds early, though lol. I've learned that using most Pre-Hardmode weapons, the Lihzarhds are basically invincible and they can kill you lickety-split with Easymode Armor. Even the Night's Edge has trouble with them (doesn't cause enough KB to keep them off you, especially NOT when then drop to all fours). The best thing you can do is find a room where you can grapple the ceiling and use a yo-yo (Cascade's the only one that's effective) or some other ranged weapon that can actually do damage (I imagine a flame lash or fire flower might do but it'd be a bit slow).

You basically cannot kill the Golem pre-hardmode. In order to use a lizhard power cell, you must defeat the Plantera first. Although, getting into the lizhard temple in pre-hardmode can be done, and has many benefits. Like getting traps for PVP.:)

You basically cannot kill the Golem pre-hardmode. In order to use a lizhard power cell, you must defeat the Plantera first. Although, getting into the lizhard temple in pre-hardmode can be done, and has many benefits. Like getting traps for PVP.:)
Exactly. You cant summon Golem Pre-hardmode.

No. You can no longer summon him pre-hardmode. It was patched in 1.2.something I think. You can still get in though.

You CAN, however, gather Solar Tablet Fragments from Lihzarhds and spawn Solar Eclipses at the very start of Hardmode.

The only item(s) you can get out of doing this are the one from the Moon Stone and the Neptune's Shell (and a decent amount of money). Since most of the hardest mobs don't even spawn, the Eclipses at this point in the game are pitifully easy.

But, if you kill the 3 mechs (easy-peasy), you can spawn the Eclipses again and get the Death Sickle and the Broken Hero Swords which lets you use a Terra Blade against Plantera and Golem.

You CAN, however, gather Solar Tablet Fragments from Lihzarhds and spawn Solar Eclipses at the very start of Hardmode.

The only item(s) you can get out of doing this are the one from the Moon Stone and the Neptune's Shell (and a decent amount of money). Since most of the hardest mobs don't even spawn, the Eclipses at this point in the game are pitifully easy.

But, if you kill the 3 mechs (easy-peasy), you can spawn the Eclipses again and get the Death Sickle and the Broken Hero Swords which lets you use a Terra Blade against Plantera and Golem.
Solar Tablets still aren’t on console.

Solar Tablets still aren’t on console.

Oh, we're talking console? I keep forgetting that. Blah.

Then yeah, no reason whatsoever to actually break into the Temple outside of gathering traps to make easy boss kill arenas.

Oh, we're talking console? I keep forgetting that. Blah.

Then yeah, no reason whatsoever to actually break into the Temple outside of gathering traps to make easy boss kill arenas.
Actually, those chests look pretty cool...

Back
Top Bottom