• The Twins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Destroyer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perfectodst219

Official Terrarian
The first question is equipment, without good equipment you will fail or have difficulty fighting the hardmode bosses.
For a mage set up I suggest hallowed mage armor or if you dont have access to hallowed bars adamantite mage armor.I will suggest getting the crystal storm
For a ranger set up I recommend using either the mega shark or the clockwork assault rifle alongside crystal bullets or cursed bullets.I prefer crystal bullets as they are easier to collect.
For a summoner set up I suggest getting as much defense as possible in trinkets and potion wise and having that staff that summons twins. If you dont have it, I recommend using the spider staff in the arena I will suggest for the destroyer.I also recommend using tiki armor.
For a warrior set up you will want as much DPS as possible. I suggest a true nights edge or if possible a terra blade or the death scythe. As for armor I recommend using palladium if you have it or adamantite. Obviously take hallowed above these.
If anyone has played against the hardmode bosses using a thrower set up please comment what your strategies include.

As for the arenas,
The Twins:
In mage or ranger set ups I will recommend using a skybridge from one end to another end of the world and running to the other end while he is summoned and you kill him. The warrior set up is trickier on this battle however if you use the right potions and dodge as many attacks in a box shaped arena you should be able to take him out with your DPS.For summoners I recommend having either a background for the spiders to attack from or to rely on a different summon like that hell summon.
The Destroyer:
For this one I highly suggest using a large box shaped arena if you are using a mage or summoner that reaches beyond the number of blocks he can go up, I believe it is 150-ish blocks, but even at that height it shouldn'[t be difficult to dodge him.As for a ranged set up I recommend using the same strategy however you may wish to use the skybridge strategy as you can kite the destroyer fairly easily, with the only problem being the drones.
Skeletron Prime
this is the trickiest boss of them all, I advise against taking him out as the first boss you kill as to get hallowed armor and other gear you may wish to have.I typically use a large box shaped arena for this boss that goes down quite a ways to avoid his bomb hand causing as much damage. The melee arms are generally a concern however you must take out his ranged arms or you will find it very troublesome to take him out.Additionally I do not advise you make it close quarters as the head in spike mode and the melee arms have a high DPS. As this is the most tricky I advise using what you have. All good potions and mushroom soup and also to have defense trinkets as anything other than the warrior.
Plantera
Plantera is one of the easier bosses to handle if execute the strategy correctly. Plantera has 2 stages(3 to be exact but the final one is on the surface which is suicidal)for plantera you need a safe routine circle to kite him around to avoid his grapples. I also advise you have it relatively deep to avoid the spiky ball. The only problem you will have if you do this is his ranged shots which are damaging but don't occur too regularly.
Golem
Golem is easier than Skeletron prime I think.He has a straightforward AI that can be blocked by collisions making it all too easy.You can trap him in a fenced area and damage him using the nimbus rods clouds. In phase 2 his head detaches and his body shoots lasers. The lasers are tricky to dodge but possible to dodge and do phase through walls. As for the head, I am not sure if they collide with blocks but if they do damage them with the nimbus rod. Other than that you just need to focus fire on the head in phase 2. The Golem has a lack of HP making it a fast fight.
Duke Fishron
The trickiest boss in the game currently besides the event bosses which I won't discuss about. Fishron uses 3 different attacks, The first is his homing bubbles which are avoided through fast movement speed.The second is the sharknados from the tornado. They move in a straight line towards the player and cause a decent amount of damage however if your gliding downwards with wings they wont be problematic.The third attack is where he charges the player thrice. This is difficult to avoid however flying in a circle is the best way to avoid him. The best class for this boss is the ranger with chlorophyte bullets. With other classes it is to an extent difficult and I am dont know many strategies for this, excluding the warrior with the horsemans blade and killing statue spawns to summon pumpkins and kill the fishron quickly.
Other notes, Tiki armour is post plantera so use spider armour or if your crazy enough to face the events, spooky armour as a summoner.
Titanium armour and palladium armours are the best respectively,Titanium armour provides a period of invincibility which when paired with the cross necklace or its combined variants provides an extensive period to regenerate health.
Shields are a no-brainer. Obsidian shield preferrably ankh shield or your going to go bust.
Wave Events
Wave events are best done on flat arenas. Some people such as DicemanX have built arenas for each of the events that have been very powerful and useful. For any event unless you have mad skillz and are sponsored by snoop doge, mlg and f4ze you will die and die and die until dawn.
Pumpkin Moon
The normal enemies I will refer as 'trash'. The trash will need to be killed fast and effectively through use of lava and spiky balls. Careful as lava will prevent spawns on the tiles.The mourning wood will be damaged by lava and the spiky balls however as they have a large amount of HP you will either need to dodge them or attempt to kill them through your weaponry.I would say the dodging is of best choice as their main attack is shooting small fire chunks at you. The horsemen and poltergeist will be killed mostly through the traps however if you do not have a floating platform(or a noob slime invincibility setup).I advise a dart trap battery as can be found on zerogravitas channel here.
Frost moon
This is more challenging having the ice queen and the santa NK11 as they shoot projectiles, dodge your shots(ice queen) and also hit you through melee by moving into you.Again a floating platform is recommended to avoid the trash and to damage the santas. Santa plays the role of the mourning wood however he fires accurately unlike the mourning wood making him more challenging.Elf copters can be exterminated through use of ceiling spear traps or through summons or just normal attacks.Everscreams play a role similiar to the mourning wood but with a different sprite for its projectiles and body and different drops.
(The info on the events were not heavily in depth on the different enemies but rather suggestions on how you can improve your arena provided you want to do it with a lot of manual input. If you want it automated go to @DicemanX 's thread on his pumpking moon farm. I like it a lot :)

Thanks for reading, Leave comments on how to improve this guide besides screenshots. I lost my main chars in a factory reset so sorry for no images. I'm working on getting out of pre-hardmode again.

Last edited:
Bruh. Titanium Armor. Free invincibility.
also Tiki Armor is post plantera and Solar eclipses are post one mech. So Mega shark is post Destroyer. Might wanna mention these.
and its name is the Golem

It seems like you describe this as a Guide; we actually have a section for Guides specifically. I'm going to move it there. :)

It seems like you describe this as a Guide; we actually have a section for Guides specifically. I'm going to move it there. :)
Why do you call the Golem 'Temple Guardian'?
Sorry..I forget names, I don't try to kill the Golem much and I spend most of my time in prehardmode games cause my friends are noobs...
Bruh. Titanium Armor. Free invincibility.
also Tiki Armor is post plantera and Solar eclipses are post one mech. So Mega shark is post Destroyer. Might wanna mention these.
and its name is the Golem
I'll mention that thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom