Texture Pack How to make animation for texture packs

Gusz

Skeletron
Welp, i know how to make the item sprites, language etc, my problem is how to make animations, because on the original files, and the texture packs made by the other players, the animations are frames starting from the top, and finishing on the bottom, different images in a single png file, i want to know how to make that, because i want to modify armours, or pets, projectiles, and idk how xd, btw, i use Gale
Portable
to make my sprites, here is a example of what i'm talking about:

Projectile_394.png
Projectile_111.png

Last edited:
The easiest way is probably to use a tool like tExtract to get the vanilla animation sheet then modify it.

The easiest way is probably to use a tool like tExtract to get the vanilla animation sheet then modify it.
I use Tconvert to get the vanilla animation sheet, but there is no way to make it different to the vanilla? the only way is modifing the vanilla file pixel per pixel? what i'm trying to say is, i can't make a zero new animation? because i would to make a totally different a pet, but i don't know how to get the Pixels x Pixels format, for example, a sword that is 32x32, okay, i had to restrict to that format, but, for the animations, which are the rules? and even if i get the Y x Y pixels, how i put together all the frames in a single png file? the guide to make texturepack in the forum says that the frames need a separation of 2 pixels, so that means that there is a way to do it, no matters if it's hard, i want to learn.

I use Tconvert to get the vanilla animation sheet, but there is no way to make it different to the vanilla? the only way is modifing the vanilla file pixel per pixel? what i'm trying to say is, i can't make a zero new animation? because i would to make a totally different a pet, but i don't know how to get the Pixels x Pixels format, for example, a sword that is 32x32, okay, i had to restrict to that format, but, for the animations, which are the rules? and even if i get the Y x Y pixels, how i put together all the frames in a single png file? the guide to make texturepack in the forum says that the frames need a separation of 2 pixels, so that means that there is a way to do it, no matters if it's hard, i want to learn.
You don't have to change them pixel by pixel, but you can use them as a reference for the sizes etc that the game is expecting for the spritesheet.

You don't have to change them pixel by pixel, but you can use them as a reference for the sizes etc that the game is expecting for the spritesheet.
Sorry, i know that i'm annoying but, let's say that i create a animation using Gale Portable, i use the size of the pet, and everything is ok, now, how i introduce my animation on the texture pack in a .png format without damaging the animation? maybe is Gale Portable that dont support that type of animation, u would recommend me a editor to save the animation in that format? So i could use it in the texture pack.

Sorry, I've no idea what Gale Portable is so can't help there. I've used GIMP or Aseprite in the past.

Sorry, I've no idea what Gale Portable is so can't help there. I've used GIMP or Aseprite in the past.
Ok, thank you very much for ur time and ur help, now i have a idea about how modify the sprite sheet, and Gale Portable is the portable version of Graphics Gale, that was the first that i used so i always call him Portable xd, srry for that.

May I add a note here:
You can only add animations to sprites that already have animations. If they do have animations, you have to stick with the same amount of frames.

Back
Top Bottom