How to make Caramelldansen

ppowersteef

Paladin
Great, you've a guide for terraria PC, console and mobile, but nothing for TCF? okay.

I'll introduce you how to make an own Caramelldansen avatar, profile picture, and such.

Things I've used:
Laptop
Mouse
MS paint
Internet (for base and gifmaker)

Step 1, get a base:
use Google Images and typ "caramelldansen base", this will often give good results.
now, download one you like. I've used this one for mine:
CaramellDansen_Base_download_by_HannyFranco.jpg

but that wasn't really a good choice, to me. as it was a JPG If you're using MS paint, then it may cost some work.
I've found an easier base. which is useful for MSpaint users.
CaramellDansen 2.png

In this base, the first three poses are unique, while the last two are just mirrored, make sure that you don't do extra work if it isn't needed.
But remember that it may look odd if you mirror your not symmetrical character
Also, It's a pretty feminine base, which may have an -ahem- increased amount of hips. take note to that.

I'll remove the mirrored images and call the other images from left to right: pose 1, pose 2, and pose 3.

step 2, line between shirt and trousers.
start with pose 3, as that's the easiest, make sure that the line of pose 2are lower than pose 3. also a bit more curved.
pose 1 is a little bit lower than pose 2 and also a bit more curved, make sure that it's around the middle of the hips
CaramellDansen 3.png

Step 3, draw hair:
Is it easy? Is it hard? Depends on what you want, a person with hair on front, with hair on the backside, only hair on the top, or just bald :p|
Here's a base that shows the border where hair may grow, and a line in the middle to make sure where the middle is:
CaramellDansen 4.png

I've also an example of the back hair.
CaramellDansen 5.png

Step 4, finish lineart:
This is actually to your taste, whatever you want to add to the char.
I can give some tips about turning:
Start with pose 3, as it's the easiest one.
Make sure that pose 3 looks almost symmetrical.
pose 2 is between pose 1 and pose 3, so you've to look like both of them.
pose 1 is a hard one, you've to take care that it looks symmetric, but theres also a wide hip pointing out,
facing the body a bit more to right may work

I've made a base and two forms of it.
The base that may help:
CaramellDansen 6.png

One of my well famed Hallowed Armor.
CaramellDansen 6.png

And another one that continues this guide.
CaramellDansen 5.png

Step 5, Coloring:
Well, You've already done the hardest part, I mean, how hard can coloring be? (It's not like i've used a Jpeg file for my avatar, oh no)
Just click on the fill in button and choose the color you want, shading is not important for an animation.
CaramellDansen 7.png

Step 6, splitting up in single images:
this can be a tricky one, but this is needed to make a gif of it.
select a single pose with the select tool. (select it from top-left to below right)
copy and paste it in a new paint file. and trim it at the right size (140x246px is recommended)
don't forget to place it to the middle as much as possible. do it to the other 2 images too.

also, you may need to mirror pose 1 and pose 2, copy the files and paste them in new files, mirror it with select all > rightclick > rotate > vertical
Rename the mirrored ones from pose 1 to pose 5, and pose 2 to pose 4
pose 1.png pose 2.png pose 3.png pose 4.png pose 5.png

Step 7, making a gif:
Almost done, all that needs to be done is making a gif of it.
there's a Online gifmaker that's free to use. I shall recommend that one.
Click on Upload Images
you need to upload pose 1 and 5 once, and pose 2,3 and 4 twice.

put them in this order: 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2. (if you don't do it, then the gif will shake a lot)
Make the animation speed 100
Then click on "Create Gif Animation".
and then on "Download the GIF image"
Samus - Caramelldansen.gif
Congratulations! you've created your own caramelldansen gif.
Now use it wherever you like to use it. ;)

And thanks for reading this too.
If you've questions, I'm open to answer them.

Also, All other examples made by the same base:
Dryad - Caramelldansen.gif Cenx - Caramelldansen.gif JustinBailey - Caramelldansen.gif Mechanic - Caramelldancen.gif Navi - Caramelldansen .gif Party girl - Caramelldansen.gif
40029-77cf8905b0f0327d219a89a2594dfbb2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom