PC How to Quickly Purify your world (and if you don't care about your world, how to quickly get money)

Clockwork Alpha

Skeletron Prime
While I was just farming pirates, it came to me: A super quick and efficient way to purify your world.

First, you need to be in a hardmode world to do this. Beating your first mechanical boss will allow you to get a steampunker to move in. This is 3x easier with Plantera dead. Then you need to buy the clentaminator. No doubt is it expensive. Well, here's where we start using the money making method. Put lava pits at both ends of your base, and make the lava shallow enough where you can still get hurt, but the drops won't. Test it before you use it. Secure your base so you don't die.

Next, we need to get pirate maps. Head over to the ocean, and constantly farm until you have 5 or more, as each solo invasion gets you around 30-40 gold coins. When you have enough, spawn the invasions at night when your npcs are most likely safe, depending on how your base is set up. Now, you just need a bit of patience. Start summon one invasion after another. Your only enemy to deal with will be parrots, which are very weak. Do this until you have 2 platinum coins. Now buy the clentaminator from the steampunker. Now, go farm more pirate invasions. Use your coins to buy as much green solution as you can afford. It's expensive, but using 1 or more platinum coins can take you a long way. Pirate invasions can also get you items like discount cards and gold coins, which can significantly help you buy more solution for less.

Corruption/Crimson/Hallowed grass can spread over 5 block gaps, and other spreadable blocks can spread over 3 block gaps. Keep this in mind when you do the next step: Creating barriers against the crimson/corruption/hallow as you continue to purify your world. For example, purify a large area then create a barrier or extend your base's barrier to slow down or stop it's spreading. First, I recommend spraying the surface. This will keep the surface from threatening you, and the only place where it's possible to come back is from missed blocks or the hardmode strip that spawned. Now if you don't consider it cheating, you can use TEdit to locate any missed blocks. After you have the surface taken care of, use TEdit to find the spots of crimson/corruption/hallow that formed from smashing altars. Locate and destroy these so they don't become a problem later. Now for the hardest part. If you are real serious about stopping the spread, it's time to clentaminate the hardmode strips. Not easy at all, so don't be expecting it to be too fun, even if it's worth it not having crimson/corruption/hallow all the way down your hellavator. The Trick here is to just create barriers as you spray it along. Even if you miss a block or something, you still be successful getting rid of the majority of it, and later you may be able to take out all missed blocks too.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Nah. This isn't particularly brilliant. Two thin lava pools on the side of your base...... Too slow of a killing method. I can design a simple arena way more efficient than that. Besides, not everyone has a base close to the middle of the map where the pirates will spawn.

As for that purifying business. You told us to buy clentaminator, and that's it. Nothing about how to detect the blocks you want to destroy and how to not miss the few errant blocks that will come back like a :red: and the next you come back the area will be hallowed/crimsoned/corrupted again.

Wordy, no pictures/video for illustration. Most info can actually be obtained from a wiki. 4/10

Nah. This isn't particularly brilliant. Two thin lava pools on the side of your base...... Too slow of a killing method. I can design a simple arena way more efficient than that. Besides, not everyone has a base close to the middle of the map where the pirates will spawn.

As for that purifying business. You told us to buy clentaminator, and that's it. Nothing about how to detect the blocks you want to destroy and how to not miss the few errant blocks that will come back like a :red: and the next you come back the area will be hallowed/crimsoned/corrupted again.

Wordy, no pictures/video for illustration. Most info can actually be obtained from a wiki. 4/10

Edited it, I can't do a video atm, and I added some more about how to spray it.

Don't listen to the naysayers my friend. I actually found this to be quite useful. Definitely something to try out! :)

I'd prefer to use a decently made trap in corruption to get plenty of chunks, make worm food and sell the ore. Would be about as quick and involved. There's plenty of faster ways to make money.

I clicked this because of the "if you don't care about your world" part. Seriously, I left my Console world to rot, there was like 7% Hallow and 25% Corruption before I started hallowing it for the achievement.

U know hero on YouTube has an easy, I mean waaaaayy easy farm, costs about 30 gold for supplies initially and u can profit 2 platinum in 5-6 minutes, but watching the mobs being killed makes it seem like a decade, so play some teleglitch in the mean while

Hey guys,
I've had this game in my steam library for god knows how long but only started playing it a couple of days ago when I got bored of 7 days to die and Gnomoria.
I so regret not playing it before!!!! Its awesome!!!

Anyway, on to the topic at hand.
I'm still in the early stages, only just destroyed the Eater of Worlds, (Katana and a shedload of jumping around) so no where near hardmode or anything yet.
But in killing him my preferred method of reaching the orbs was make small walls to hold bomb, drop bomb to make hole down to orb, blow up orb, rinse and repeat.
It worked fine but got me thinking.
Is it feasible to use the same method to quarantine the corruption areas later in the game?
Just nip across the surface until you find some corruption, move back a little and drop a shedload of bombs down the same spot to dig the whole way to hell.
Every so often drop down the hole and gather whatever fell as well as brick up any airgaps that might have appeared.
Is this a feasible quarantine method or just a complete waste of bombs?
Of course the same thing could be done by simply digging a 5 wide trench yourself but the bombing removes the issue of falling into the lava on the way down.

When reaching hardmode, you will need a little more than just bomb shafts. If it wasn't for the event that is triggered by defeating the Wall of flesh, you will need a good overview of your world, as soon as you start smashing altars, because that also causes corruption to appear somewhere on the world, which will then spread...

This method is useful, but nothing special. Simply digging hellevators strategically throughout the map is still the most effective way of keeping the corruption/crimson spread at bay. The money farm method is alright, but you can make it way more effective if you add traps in.

Don't criticize his work, if you don't like it, don't say anything. I think that this is a just fine idea could turn into other interesting world projects, like connecting the whole world with tunnels or something.

Don't criticize his work, if you don't like it, don't say anything. I think that this is a just fine idea could turn into other interesting world projects, like connecting the whole world with tunnels or something.
The criticism was posted before there was any information in the main post about purifying the world (other then just "buy the clentaminator").

Just for those of you who don't like this guide, I know. I'm not very happy with it either, that's why I haven't really updated it and more have abandoned it.

I don't mean to be rude, but if that's the case, maybe some moderator might want to liberate these bits and bytes. All things condsidered, if you want to call it guide, compare it to the wiki or any youtube video out there, these have structures and they're easy to understand...

I clicked this because of the "if you don't care about your world" part. Seriously, I left my Console world to rot, there was like 7% Hallow and 25% Corruption before I started hallowing it for the achievement.
My world on Mobile is now like 20 something percent hallowed and 29 percent Corruption. Your world is not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom