tModLoader How to set up your mod using Visual Studio (MVS)

What would I use to make .cs files and to write the coding such as item.damage =
[doublepost=1467636672,1467636654][/doublepost]Since I'm on mac

So is their a resource for sizing weapons and armor correctly. And is their a website that list code or information for coding buffs into gear? Like the rainbow cat sword but to change the sound and the rainbow cat effect to something else from scratch to a different weapon?

Sry if this is a ridiculous question.

Is this up-to-date with tmodloader 0.9.3.2?
And can you somehow build direct from visual studio???

Okay so I started my mod and everytime I try to open terraria my game crashes. It says Terraria had stopped working. I'm not sure why this is.

The references part should 'complete' or show 'results' (e.g. "ItemID.Sapp" will show "ItemID.Sapphire") but that doesn't work for some reason, could anyone help me with this?

It doesnt seem to suggest or autocomplete the terraria words like ProjectileID._____ so i dunno what i should do about it because i followed everything in tutorials and stuff

So this might seem a lil dumb but am i the only one not being able to find the XNA Framework files? :/

So this might seem a lil dumb but am i the only one not being able to find the XNA Framework files? :/
They are right there in that zip attached to the first post. (Btw, I am pretty sure you are not supposed to redistribute those, but whatever...)
You can also find them on you computer right here, if you have XNA properly installed:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.dll
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.dll
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact\v4.0_4.0.0.0__842cf8be1de50553\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Xact.dll

Is there any way to make the same thing with Atom?
I already used it before for some HTML, and I remember it auto-completed things... Is there a library (with all the Terraria and tModLoader hooks, objects etc.) or a plug-in I need to download?

i'm missing some things in my Mod Folder (that's outside of the items folder, like, in the main mod folder.)
2c74a08c163803746aeaff43f06d53dc.png

Gyazo

here is my Luxians.cs File Contents

ef506fd31ba7fbb223b08037258677e5.png

Gyazo

am i missing something?

Edit : yes, i'm using Visual Studio Code, get over it. Visual Studio is too slow for me.

Edit number 2 electric boogaloo : the only thing i'm missing is "Dusts" and "Tiles"

Last edited:
i'm missing some things in my Mod Folder (that's outside of the items folder, like, in the main mod folder.)
2c74a08c163803746aeaff43f06d53dc.png

Gyazo

here is my Luxians.cs File Contents

ef506fd31ba7fbb223b08037258677e5.png

Gyazo

am i missing something?

Edit : yes, i'm using Visual Studio Code, get over it. Visual Studio is too slow for me.

Edit number 2 electric boogaloo : the only thing i'm missing is "Dusts" and "Tiles"
you just copypasted Example Pickaxe code. Your mod doesn't have Dusts/Tiles folder, as well as 'Sparkle' and etc...
don't use them (Dusts and etc I mean) and remove any using of them in code.
if you can't understand me, stop making mods and learn c# first, please.

Back
Top Bottom