Mobile How to transfer characters/worlds?

IronTerraria

Terrarian
I bought terraria on my old iPad that was using my mom's apple id. I recently got a new iPad and am using my own apple id. The characters and worlds are saved locally and family sharing is on. Is there anyway to transfer the character/worlds to the new iPad without using a file manager? If not, what files do I need to transfer?

Thanks

Will this still work even though it is on a different apple id? Like will the cloud save still transfer over to the new apple id?

I might do that as a last resort... Could I do this using IExplorer? And transfer the character and world saves?
Unfortunately discussion regarding fiddling with game files isn't allowed on the forums as it breaches 505 games' no hacking policy.

To add on a little bit more info, when I moved some characters and worlds from one device to another, I needed to have the iCloud Drive (Settings>iCloud>iCloud Drive) turned on for BOTH devices (in my case my iPhone and my iPad) BEFORE moving local data to the cloud data on the first device in order to see it on the second device. If I remember it correctly, I couldn't see the character or worlds within the game's cloud options unless I did that first. Did you happen to do it that way?

Also, it's a simple oversight, but make sure you are connected to the internet and logged in with the same iCloud account. You do need to be logged in as the same Apple user on both devices.

Once you uninstall the game, or delete local characters/worlds, the local files will be gone forever. So make sure that you have them on the new device before getting rid of them on the old one.

All of this is now outdated and I just want to keep all my progress on my newer phone.
Is anyone able to help?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom