How would Terraria be if ...

Would you like Terraria to be like that?

• Yes, sounds good!

• Not sure about it...

• Nah... this is wouldn't be 'our' Terraria anymore!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Night

Plantera
Have you ever thought about that?

How would Terraria be if enemies wouldn't always know where you are?

[B
y this I mean enemies that act ''more realistic'', like they would just attack/follow you if they do see you.]

Of course this will never happen and I am sure some of you wouldn't even appreciate
that feature because this wouldn't be the Terraria we are used to and we are loving so much.
But just imagine it...
It would bring so many new aspects like sneaking, hiding, sneak attacks, building smarter etc...
You can just dig through most of your enemies or use other strategies to avoid them at the moment, I know that.
This is no suggestion at all!

How do you think about that?

I think that'd be pretty cool actually, especially if there were a sound system where they could hear your mining or footsteps.

EDIT: Like an invisible radius around the monster where they can hear you.

Are you familiar with Shroomite armour?

What if enemies mined through blocks, or placed blocks to get to you? Creepy...

What if enemies could actually come up with an attack plan other than "run/jump/fly/shoot straight at player"?

I would actually welcome an actual AI.

What if enemies could actually come up with an attack plan other than "run/jump/fly/shoot straight at player"?

It would be cool to see at least one enemy type that mimicked human behaviour: attacking aggressively then retreating, healing (prone to sickness as well), running around you not just at you, etc.

Considering there are more possibilities, apparently, in the code for Terraria 2, they could potentially do this...

This is a good idea, but only some enemies should do this, like the eater which are covered with eyes, should be always able to detect the player, and other enemies like zombies and slimes (dumber enemies) would have to detect you

It would be cool to see at least one enemy type that mimicked human behaviour: attacking aggressively then retreating, healing (prone to sickness as well), running around you not just at you, etc.
Yeah, I agree with these. And I wish a lot of the enemies that just run into you would do other things as well. Like skeletons in the underground would use swords or axes or something. And seeing some AI acting more like humans would be great, too.

What if inverting gravity didn't just affect you.

Might want to close your hellivator, 'cause hell's coming to town :cool:

I would love to try this. Of course it wouldn't be for everyone, so it should be something you can toggle when making a new world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom