How your inventory look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitBoy

Terrarian
I saw thread about character, but not inventory. What kind of stuff you like to carry around? What do you prefer to keep in piggy bank?

Mine: I'm trying to keep everything in my hotbar so I can grab everything from full chest if I want to. I also like purple colors.
2015-07-23_00001.png

It's a bit messy at the moment due to building.

I often also carry around the Clentaminator for the sole purpose of farming Rainbow Slimes during Blood Moons.

d47b2b1a65.png

Wow, why you keep all endgame weapons in your inventory? I keep only S.D.M.G
I keep them for when i switch classes using my money trough.
Also I have wormhole potions for when I do multiplayer, and keep cosmetic weapons as well. I honestly never use some of the items in my inventory, but I am too lazy to get a chest for those.

I saw thread about character, but not inventory. What kind of stuff you like to carry around? What do you prefer to keep in piggy bank?
I keep clockwork assault rifle, flamethrower, Mega shark, magic mirror, and mega healing potions at all times. I keep endgame ores and money in piggy bank along with souls. I try to have 300+ blocks withe at all times

00-Inventory.png

RED CIRCLES - Combat items. I don't typically consider the Rod of Discord useful in combat (battles are usually too frantic for me to use it precisely when needed), but I like having it next to my weapons anyway. When I'm spelunking it's handy to teleport into a cave, suddenly find a bunch of monsters and instantly swap to Solar Eruption or Nebula Arcanum for self-defense.

BLUE CIRCLE - Secondary armor as desired.

LIME CIRCLE - Items most commonly picked up. Slots are reserved for them so they don't clutter my inventory elsewhere.

GRAY CIRCLE - Open space for other items I pick up to decide what to do with later. Loot, ores, etc.

GREEN CIRCLE - Stone, Dirt, and Mud. For reconstructing the landscape as I go. Most landscape is made up of these 3 blocks. Sometimes I'll put other naturally occurring blocks in the Gray Area if I might be doing a lot of work in a biome like the Arctic or the Underground Desert, and then swap them out with items in the Green Circle as needed. But Dirt, Stone and Mud always remain in the inventory.

ORANGE CIRCLES - General survival and travelling supplies.

YELLOW CIRCLES - Simple, Smart and Sensible fashion.

WHITE CIRCLE - ALL. THE F***ING. LIVING. RAINBOW. DYE. ALL OF IT.

Try to keep mine as clean as possible, carrying only necessities for combat situations etc.

Attachments

• Inv.png
    Inv.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 650
I have a lot of stuff in mine and I fail at managing effectively because my inventory fills up in seconds whenever I step outside my base. I'm grinding the Wall of flesh right now so that's why I have a few voodoo dolls. Generally, I always have weapons filling up the hotbar, with the sword 1st, Spear or Scythe 2nd, ranged weapons in 3 and 4 and other weapons not in my main classes in 5 and 6, summon in slot 7 and now I have the Rod of Discord in slot 8 with slots 9 and 10 mostly used for Money Trough/Magic Mirror, or mushroom building.

My pickaxe is always the 1st item in the 2nd row followed by axe/hamaxe and hammer (My tools are always kept there because I shift-click to dig which removes the need to have them in the hotbar, same with torches). Then by torches, healing potions, mana potions and rope. In Pre 1.3 I had my grappling hook where my pickaxe is now but with the welcome addition of the grapple hook equipment slot, that's no longer necessary.
In the 3rd row as well as the 1st 3 columns after that, all the info accessories must go there, when combined into the cell phone, it will mainly stay in row 3 column 1 unless I need to teleport home

Things that I commonly need for crafting (like cursed flames/ichor) stay in the bottom left most row and column) Wood is usually placed randomly, same with safe and money trough at times. Then Gel must be in row 5 column 10 and stars must be in row 5 column 9. Anything else is random, and put into chests after an exploration.

For the piggy bank I like to keep all my money on the left column and store extra fishing equipment, fishing potions, some extra weapons and tools if the need for them arises that I can easily get to anywhere.

Aurora Inventory.png

As for my accessory slots, Wings are always the 1st item when they become available followed by Worm Scarf (In Corruption Worlds only) Boots which include Hermes or Spectre/Lightning/Frostspark. The current shield I'm using, the others can have anything in them.

Aurora Armor and Accessories.png
Aurora Equipment.png

hmm for me It seems I organize a bit differently from most people my hot bar is reserved for weapons and tools as without autopause I can use most other things from my inventory this second category refers primarily to my Money Trough,ROD, my Cellphone,ruthless stardust dragon staff,golden fishing rod,torches, and a stack of super healing potions.
my ammo slots are used to store fallen stars, gel, enchanted worms and arrows respectively

The piggy bank inventory stores my clentaminator and solutions, commonly used buff potions, fishing gear

lastly my safe contains alternate class get for mages and summoners for when I want to mix it up(I main melee w/ summoner weapons + a warding papyrus Scarab)

What I do is I keep my max DPS weapon (paladins hammer) my health weapon (vampire knifes) my essentials (hammer, pickaxe, potions, and torches) in my hot bar. then I take a full stack of either dirt or stone with me just in case. I also put aside a few hundred wood and a stack of gel incase if I need to do any simple crafting. I put a magic mirror in my inventory (I don't put it in my hotter so I don't accidentally teleport to spawn. I put four stacks of cursed bullets in my ammo slot in case if I'm using a megashark.

For my piggy bank, I only put my money in there, because it's a piggy bank.

Try to keep mine as clean as possible, carrying only necessities for combat situations etc.
Hmm, kinda clear (not really)
I don't undertand why people keep so many weapons from another classes (except Dragon, of course). I could understand when you keep two weapons for same class, like Vampire Knives + Star Wrath or Meowmire, or if you are summoner or mage with passive weapons. But I don't see reason why people keep more than three.

Oh god... my inventory became a mess the moment I've lost track of which world file was the latest version for my main expert mode character. I've been playing it with a friend, and you know, we often sent the file back and forth to each other.

Then one day, I start playing early, and he's not there to send it over, so I just started trying to store things in the slightly-dated world save on my computer. This only served to confuse and revealed my sheer laziness when I did eventually get the latest version, as I didn't make a strong effort to try and transfer the stored items.

What didn't help was me not thinking before hand to store the excess inventory in a specifically separated container from the storage warehouse, meaning a large portion of the inventory simply just meshed in with the remainder of our storage. What came along was the end to any and all efforts to keep the stored contents sorted.

Huge sweeping changes were made with the Clemtaminator in one version, and possibly even the other version in different locations. It's gotten hard to say what the differences between the two ended up being.

And hilariously enough, before this all stated, I had 2 different pieces of Shroomite headgear. As of this point, there ended up being probably around 7, scattered around and such.

And... even so, I probably still don't even have the actual latest version right now.

qTGTbir.png
That's how it currently looks.
Locked items are ones I always have, those building supplies are for a new base I'm working on. There is some stuff that's not needed in there (e.g Ice Rod, that stack of 10 torches, etc.) but I keep them there 'cause why not. Rulers are for building, star veil is 'cause I have an accessory swapped out. Can't go without the healing potions, and the calming potions are just generally useful. On my hotbar, I keep the cell phone 'cause it's nice to TP home in a near-death situation easily, your average tool-weapon set up, the dragon staff (of course) and the portal gun 'cause falling quickly is very nice.

I can't help but notice that most people, like me, use the social accessory slots for auxiliary storage. I still say we should be allowed to hide them.

Anyway, here's mine:
Inventory.png

It's getting a little more cllutered than I like, but the pig is totally empty for transporting extra loot. The safe on the other hand is jam-packed with miscellaneous doodads I might want to use occasionally, as you see. Huh, I just noticed the slime hook is still in there, that can probably go. I like to carry two of things you set down to use (like the safe, or crystal ball) so they pop back to the correct place and/or keep their Favorite status when I pick them up again.

Hmm, kinda clear (not really)
I don't undertand why people keep so many weapons from another classes (except Dragon, of course). I could understand when you keep two weapons for same class, like Vampire Knives + Star Wrath or Meowmire, or if you are summoner or mage with passive weapons. But I don't see reason why people keep more than three.
Playing a pure "class" is a voluntary challenge. Not everyone wants to do that. I'm doing it this time, just for the heck of it, but for instance slot one is low-mana-cost weapon for dispatching pests or emergencies, but some high-end melee weapon like the Terrarian would serve even better in the role.

Last edited:
Inventories from two characters I got (one being the most OP so far?) and one I'm doing now in mid-hardmode Expert.1.png
The first character. Lol, Zephyr Fish got doubled.
2.png
Pets and a hook.
3.png
The second character.
4.png
Pets, hooks and mounts.

If you noticed, I prefer meele, but I keep some ranged/magic/summon weapons in case if meele won't work well in specific places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom