Texture Pack hq2x and other Image filter packs

long time no see, huh? life just gets going and you forget about the smaller things i suppose.
here's a list of things i've done
  • i used the image filters on The Soft Pack and added it to the downloads.
    • it's somewhat incomplete, but most tiles are affected. i might try my hand at updating it myself.
  • moved all files to google drive to free up dropbox space.
  • added @smeagolheart's screenshots to the screenshots spoiler.
also, if anyone knows how to get texture packs to work with Tmodloader mods, i'd appreciate if you could tell me. i haven't had any luck getting mods to load texture packs and i've been trying to get support for fargo's mutant mod.

I'm not exactly experienced in terms of modding but Quine you said this pack does not affect anything related to player sprites. I'm slightly confused as I've seen a lot of mods here that drastically alter the default player sprite (example below). This HQ2X pack is easily the most complete pack there is and its held back by the default sprite & accessories? It would be great to actually have at least one complete texture pack for Terraria after all these years...
tzelda1.png

I'm not exactly experienced in terms of modding but Quine you said this pack does not affect anything related to player sprites. I'm slightly confused as I've seen a lot of mods here that drastically alter the default player sprite (example below). This HQ2X pack is easily the most complete pack there is and its held back by the default sprite & accessories? It would be great to actually have at least one complete texture pack for Terraria after all these years...
the pack doesn't use any mods, as i've went over before, the pack currently uses the experimental texture pack feature introduced in 1.3.4.2. an unfixed (as of yet) bug seems to not load any of the player sprites or accessory sprites (such as Acc_Back_#, Player_Hair_#, ect.). it may be fixed in the upcoming 1.3.6 patch, as spoilers suggest that the texture pack feature has been made more accessible to players, but that's merely speculation. but all the player/accessory sprites are in the pack, just not loaded. so really it's when ever that bug is fixed that it'll work without any trouble.

the pack doesn't use any mods, as i've went over before, the pack currently uses the experimental texture pack feature introduced in 1.3.4.2. an unfixed (as of yet) bug seems to not load any of the player sprites or accessory sprites (such as Acc_Back_#, Player_Hair_#, ect.). it may be fixed in the upcoming 1.3.6 patch, as spoilers suggest that the texture pack feature has been made more accessible to players, but that's merely speculation. but all the player/accessory sprites are in the pack, just not loaded. so really it's when ever that bug is fixed that it'll work without any trouble.

Gotcha. Well hopefully it does work out that way because this pack really is the only thing remotely close to being done. Not only that but its based off the vanilla textures which is a plus. Just curious, is it too much work to do a 4x version? whether hq4x or xbr4x? Would you even consider that?

Gotcha. Well hopefully it does work out that way because this pack really is the only thing remotely close to being done. Not only that but its based off the vanilla textures which is a plus. Just curious, is it too much work to do a 4x version? whether hq4x or xbr4x? Would you even consider that?
i'm unsure if that'd work as currently terraria's texture pack feature is limited to the size of the original images if i recall correctly. the only reason this really works at x2 is because terraria's texture's are at a 2x2 pixel ratio, meaning the textures are scaled x2 already. so i can't really promise anything, but i'll give it a shot atleast.
EDIT:
RqevXQD.png

i got this error upon trying to load a 4x version. i tried.
EDIT 2:
Capture 2018-10-27 18_23_58.png

well after removing mounts, it worked. this looks really bad though...

Last edited:
i'm unsure if that'd work as currently terraria's texture pack feature is limited to the size of the original images if i recall correctly. the only reason this really works at x2 is because terraria's texture's are at a 2x2 pixel ratio, meaning the textures are scaled x2 already. so i can't really promise anything, but i'll give it a shot atleast.
EDIT:
RqevXQD.png

i got this error upon trying to load a 4x version. i tried.
EDIT 2:
View attachment 212118
well after removing mounts, it worked. this looks really bad though...

Yea too much space between tile edges etc. X2 looks good enough though. Hopefully 1.3.6 sorts everything out so default sprites can be affected.

can you use this on different texture packs? for example, if I use this on the spectacle pack would it be smoothened out?
with the resize scripts in the op one could use this on any texture pack really. that said i could possibly do that myself when i have the time.

great! i meant if you would assist people to make two versions of their textures then you and the guys would be possibly more popular

Oh hey! I remember using this pack ages ago. Glad to see it's still around!
I've been messing around with terraria modding for quite a while now, and I think I could make this whole image processing deal a little more automated. Basically I was thinking about a TModLoader mod that would take all of the loaded textures, process them, and turn them into a texture pack for later use.

Oh hey! I remember using this pack ages ago. Glad to see it's still around!
I've been messing around with terraria modding for quite a while now, and I think I could make this whole image processing deal a little more automated. Basically I was thinking about a TModLoader mod that would take all of the loaded textures, process them, and turn them into a texture pack for later use.
the idea sounds interesting. i wouldn't mind personally if you did that, but i have no knowledge in that specific area my self and at that this isn't originally my pack any how. i'd love to see it though regardless, all the things used to make this pack are in the op via the resize scripts under downloads

Hi! Two questions. Will there be plans to update this when Journey's End releases? Also, why are there downloads for other texture packs? Did you apply the smoothing filter to those packs?

Hi! Two questions. Will there be plans to update this when Journey's End releases? Also, why are there downloads for other texture packs? Did you apply the smoothing filter to those packs?
i will be updating it when 1.4 is released, if my free time is permitting of course.
the downloads for other packs are ran through the filters as well. these were added at users' request.
also the calamity pack download has been updated to the latest version for those who may have been using any of those.

Back
Top Bottom