Texture Pack hq2x and other Image filter packs

y77f4cB.png

(using xBRZ in the screenshot)
i can't seem to replicate this in any of the packs. are you sure its not from another texture pack?
I reinstalled the pack and that seemed to fix it. No idea what caused it, I think I did something wrong.

had all this figured out at launch lol. sorry that i couldn't get to it faster, i was at work (i do graveyard shifts unfortunately)
all packs have been updated now.
on another note, this pack here uses xBR for it's "HD" look. should i discontinue my xBR version? opinions are needed in that regard.
thank you, enjoy!

Thanks for updating so quickly! It was really nice coming back to the forums and seeing the pack updated already not long after the release of 1.4.

About the other pack though, I feel like, for now at least, your xBR and the other user's xBR upscaling look different enough that both can exist. It seems to me that the other person has "higher quality" textures (seems most obvious in the vines). I'm guessing maybe the other user did multiple pass-throughs with their script? What do you think? Is it just me? At first, I thought that my eyes were merely playing tricks on me but the other user's xBR pack is much bigger in file size.

On another note though, I am curious what the pros and cons of doing multiple pass-throughs are. Does it cause problems?

Edit: I downloaded both packs to compare their differences and here's what I found. One, the other pack definitely seems like it has been upscaled more (a side-by-side comparison of the Eye of Cthulhu's spritesheet from both packs makes it very obvious). Two, the other pack has files that your pack does not have and your pack has files that the other pack is missing (e.g. your pack has WorldGen, SplashScreens, Misc, etc. folders while the other pack does not. The other pack has backgrounds that yours does not have, but they seem like pre-1.4 backgrounds so they may just be leftovers).

Last edited:
welcome! i've been chomping at the bit for 1.4 and wanted to update my pack just as much for those that use it.
i seem to have mistaken the process i read from the git, it actually uses xBRZ. the xBR it has is only for items if it's blending options is set in a certain way it seems. (here's a link to the line in particular) regardless, those are good points, i'll continue xBR/xBRZ for the time being.

When I next start the game after enabling on of these packs, I get an error like the log below.
I found that unpacking the zip file, and repacking it with 7Zip using the "Store" (No compression) method creates a zip that does NOT cause this issue. The work-around isn't too hard to do, but I assume this was not intended?

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't realize it was loading the pack from the unzipped folder I completely forgot was still in the resource packs folder.

Code:
5/29/2020 4:53:22 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: A previous Draw call threw an unhandled exception. See InnerException for details. ---> Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted. Expected 0x5C605A3E, Actual 0xEAB47754
   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.VerifyCrcAfterExtract(Int32 actualCrc32)
   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password)
   at ReLogic.Content.Sources.ZipContentSource.OpenStream(String assetName)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetLoader.TryLoad[T](String assetName, IContentSource source, T& resultAsset)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.TryLoadingAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.LoadAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.Request[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAsset[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadTextures(AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAssetsWhileInInitialBlackScreen()
   at Terraria.Main.<LoadContent_Deferred>d__1159.MoveNext()
   at Terraria.Main.DrawSplash(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Paint(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow.OnPaint()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.mainForm_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

5/29/2020 5:44:34 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: A previous Draw call threw an unhandled exception. See InnerException for details. ---> Ionic.Zip.BadCrcException: CRC error: the file being extracted appears to be corrupted. Expected 0xF49BCCCA, Actual 0xA3309333
   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.VerifyCrcAfterExtract(Int32 actualCrc32)
   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(String baseDir, Stream outstream, String password)
   at ReLogic.Content.Sources.ZipContentSource.OpenStream(String assetName)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetLoader.TryLoad[T](String assetName, IContentSource source, T& resultAsset)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.TryLoadingAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.LoadAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.Request[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAsset[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadTextures(AssetRequestMode mode)
   at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAssetsWhileInInitialBlackScreen()
   at Terraria.Main.<LoadContent_Deferred>d__1159.MoveNext()
   at Terraria.Main.DrawSplash(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Paint(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameWindow.OnPaint()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameWindow.mainForm_Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Last edited:
When I next start the game after enabling on of these packs, I get an error like the log below.
I found that unpacking the zip file, and repacking it with 7Zip using the "Store" (No compression) method creates a zip that does NOT cause this issue. The work-around isn't too hard to do, but I assume this was not intended?
interesting. for the most part, this pack is automated. so the zip generated just use what ever the default settings of 7zip are. i'll tinker with my scripts and update the links shortly. as an aside though, this was discussed by others earlier in the thread.
edit: changing it to store doesn't seem to solve the crash on my end, odd.

Last edited:
interesting. for the most part, this pack is automated. so the zip generated just use what ever the default settings of 7zip are. i'll tinker with my scripts and update the links shortly. as an aside though, this was discussed by others earlier in the thread.
edit: changing it to store doesn't seem to solve the crash on my end, odd.
You know what? I don't think it worked for me either. I had left the unpacked files in that folder and I just now realized it was loading from that instead.

Hey, 1.4.0.5 has been out for a while, and added a few new items/changed some textures. Is this pack going to be updated soon?

I was interested in checking the script posted and I managed to make these packs for version 1.4.0.5 (now updated for v1.4.3.6). I decided to give it a try, mainly due to a crash with the old version.

These packs contain textures from Terraria 1.4.3.6 only. Compare filter transitions on Terraria Logo here (total of 24 filters).

I fixed few issues with the script which simplified the process, got rid of possible missing files issue and improved loading times by using xnb instead of png files. Quine was messaged with the detailed information on this, so it can be applied to the main script package.

[Image Filter] HQ2x Download (XNB) (MD5 checksum: 2240122b7476d44c1d3977515a771230)
[Image Filter] XBR2x Download (XNB) (MD5 checksum: 15115e69c667f513b7845a2afe6e1a2d)
[Image Filter] XBRz2x Download (XNB) (MD5 checksum: fa2c0a0d1986afbf2d178a44586987a3)

* hosted on my own VPS, the in-game Texture Pack name is always "[Image Filter] filernamehere" to distinguish between the two. You can apply this pack before (2nd) the original to fix possible missing files, or use the ones provided here only.

If you are interested in Experimental filters (v1.4.3.6), you can browse ALL available experimental filter packs here (XNB).
The files located there are split into 4 categories/directories:
1. OK or slight wall glitches - these texture packs are mostly OK or small wall glitches may be noticeable,
----- 2xSCL, AdvInterp2x, EPXB, EPXC, HQ2xBold, HQ2xSmart, LQ2x, Scale2x; CRT display modes (interesting results): MAMETV2x, HawkyntTV2x
2. Kind of blurry - these texture packs look blurry but may also contain other glitches,
----- Eagle2x, SuperEagle
3. Wall glitches - these texture packs should have visible wall glitches,
----- DES II
4. More glitches - texture packs that have most graphic files not suitable for Terraria, because amount of glitches is just too big.
----- LQ2xBold, LQ2xSmart, SaI2x, Super2xSCL, SuperSaI, Ultra2xSCL, BilinearPlusOriginal, BilinearPlus
5. AI - texture packs generated partially or fully by AI (Suppress Noise: Auto, Remove Blur: Auto). Some textures are astonishingly good and natural looking while others are very bad. [v1.4.1.0]
----- GigapixelAI0.5x-HQ2x, GigapixelAI0.5x-XBR2x, GigapixelAI0.5x-XBRz2x, GigapixelAI2x

* above texture packs may work well when mixed together with others providing an ultimate, nice looking Texture pack.

0. Fixing walls pack - xBR wall textures to replace broken walls in other texture packs (1st on the Texture Packs list).

WARNING! It is recommended to reopen the game when changing texture packs, there is some object disposing problem (crash) occurring when loading the world after too many changes were performed in Texture Packs menu.

EDIT reason: Updated all packs besides AI ones. I don't know if AI ones are worth it and even if so, I don't have a license to use the newest versions of Gigapixel anymore anyway (it's paid software).

Last edited:
Hey, now that 1.4.1 is out, will this be updated soon? I have noticed with your pack that some 1.4 textures aren't updated, like fruits. Thanks!

I can only answer that more files exist now (12 289 before, now 12 435). I didn't change the process itself in any way and all files are from unmodded version of Terraria, only original files were processed. So in case you want me to check if something was or wasn't processed, I would need the name of that file to verify.

True is that original folder has 12 608 files and the scripts might've missed something (be it intentionally or by some error that was not caught properly). Note that I didn't verify this part as it would require me to analyze the whole process yet again, because there are various things going on during the process and there is in fact some blacklist used.

In the attachment I present you a blacklist file which causes the difference in number of files to appear. All other files should be properly processed, because 173 files are blacklisted, thus 12 608 - 173 = 12 435.

Attachments

• blacklist.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
I recently ran this resizer for 1.4.1.2 with xBRZ for a playthrough with my friends, and alongside it I resized the latest Realistic Weapons and Tools and Chinese Sprites (as well as a gore pack found here) and they turned out great! If anybody wants to use them you can grab them from the links below, and just let me know if you want them in HQ2x or xBR but they definitely look the best in xBRZ. If you use all three packs together just sort them in ascending numerical order so that they overwrite properly.

xBRZ 1.4.1.2 at Google Drive
xbrz1.png

xBRZ Chinese Sprites at Google Drive
xbrz2.png
index.php

xBRZ Realistic Weapons and Tools at Google Drive
xbrz3.png

Thanks and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom