Weapons & Equip HUD and functional Goggle upgrades

bad_news

Duke Fishron
Goggles (and Sunglasses, but that's for later) are obtainable early in game and work great as vanity throughout the game, but they're just that. I'd like to propose a functional upgrade line for them. First, though, I'd like to introduce solutions: crafted from 10 of a given potion at an imbuing station, they are a concentrated form of the potion.

High-Power Goggles
[placeholder]
Allow the player to see zoom out (like the rifle scope but less significant)
Crafting:
Goggles
Binoculars
Black Lens
At an anvil

Night-Vision Goggles
[placeholder]
Allow zooming and the player can see in the dark (same as Night Owl buff)
Crafting:
High-Powered Goggles
Night Owl Solution
At alchemy station

Adventuring Goggles
[placeholder]
Allow zooming, increased night vision, and applies the effects of the dangersense and hunter buffs
Crafting:
Night-Vision Goggles
Dangersense Solution
Hunter Solution
At mythril/orichalcum anvil

Miner's Goggles
[placeholder]
Allow zooming, increased night vision, applies spelunker, dangersense and hunter potion buffs
Crafting:
Adventuring Goggles
Spelunker Solution
At mythril/orichalcum anvil

HUD
[placeholder]
Allows zooming, grants same buffs as miner's goggles as well as sonar buff, displays player information and block placement grid
Crafting:
Miner's Goggles
GPS
Laser Ruler
Sonar Solution
If they're added, @Baconfry's Nerd Glasses

-------------------

Sorry about the sloppy formatting, I'll be refining this idea as time goes. Same goes for the lack of sprites. Thoughts, criticisms, and feedback welcome as always.

Last edited:
The only thing that really seems icky to me is the Sonar Potion as a crafting ingredient for equipment. No potion has ever been a crafting ingredient for anything other than a potion, with one exception.

Other than that, this looks solid. I love informational accessories.

Can't say I would like having the block placement grid on all the time for the hud, unless that's toggle-able I would take it out.

While I like the idea, I think unless it's harder to obtain the items it will make the respective potions that give those buffs useless if that makes sense; I know that's the point of the item, not to use the potions anymore but I think that's weird in a way.

Don't get me wrong, I love easy to obtain items that make me have all the mentioned buffs for free and for as long as I want; just seems kinda silly to even have potions if these ideas were implemented; as I shall reiterate, make it for later and more for end game and it might be more reasonable you know?

Also does the solution serve any function outside of being used to upgrade those items? Like does it last 5x-10x as long as normal potions? Or is their only purpose to make your line of goggles?

While I like the idea, I think unless it's harder to obtain the items it will make the respective potions that give those buffs useless if that makes sense; I know that's the point of the item, not to use the potions anymore but I think that's weird in a way.

Don't get me wrong, I love easy to obtain items that make me have all the mentioned buffs for free and for as long as I want; just seems kinda silly to even have potions if these ideas were implemented; as I shall reiterate, make it for later and more for end game and it might be more reasonable you know?

Also does the solution serve any function outside of being used to upgrade those items? Like does it last 5x-10x as long as normal potions? Or is their only purpose to make your line of goggles?
Ideally the solutions would last longer. And since they're made at an imbuing station, they're hardmode items. I'm working on the obtainment, but they are hardmode items, as well as requiring binoculars.
Just use the Laser Ruler in its place. That's confirmed, remember?
That's a good idea, actually; changing that.

I'm assuming these are all accesories. If so, then will the goggles and sunglasses be turned into accesories as well?

Back
Top Bottom