Huge wave of new Terraria fans incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night

Plantera
lZcTrS7.jpg

~I can't believe this... PewDiePie playing Terraria? This will be fun.~
[For those of you who don't know: PewDiePie is the most subscribed person on YouTube]

This may or may not result in a ton of new players buying the game and joining our wonderful Terraria community.

What do you guys think?

staff addition -
*** READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING ***

FACTS about this information -
  • Yes, apparently this was tweeted by PewDiePie,
  • No, this was not something arranged by Re-Logic,
  • Yes, steps are being taken by Re-Logic to get more information about this.

Until and unless this development comes to fruition, there is NO REASON to get up in arms about it. As both Leinfors and Loki have said below, this forum is open to ALL people interested in Terraria, regardless of their association with any other fandom. We will not be tolerating any sort of abusive or hateful comments about PewDiePie or his fan base here. People engaging in that sort of behavior past the point where this thread was re-opened will find themselves swiftly removed from the discussion, along with any other applicable actions.

PewDiePie has something like 34 million subscribers - it would be silly for Re-Logic to ignore or try to stop that free PR opportunity.

We will try to relay more FACTUAL INFORMATION as it becomes available. In the meantime, the forum rules still apply (even when referencing people not here) - please keep the discussion civil and respectful.

Last edited:
lZcTrS7.jpg

~I can't believe this... PewDiePie playing Terraria? This will be fun.~
[For those of you who don't know: PewDiePie is the most subscribed person on YouTube]

This may or may not result in a ton of new players buying the game and joining our wonderful Terraria community.

What do you guys think?

I think we should welcome the new influx of fans in the classic style of PewDiePie:

by not being funny

PewDiePie might even get this game more popular than Minecraft! Think of the postitives. :nursewink:
IF THAT HAPPENS, THEN I WOULD BE :red:ING PROUD
*just hoping it doesn't end up like minecraft where most of the players are 7-year olds playing a cracked version, then when they don't know something they go here in the forums with no knowledge whatsoever about the wiki, and as all noobs do they say "i have cracked terraria idk if that matters" and then they get banned because they have the cracked version. lawl, but i seriously don't want Redigit's wallet to be ruined by some random 7-year olds...*

Last edited by a moderator:
So, a lot of new accounts made just to say "hi" to some idol and never post here again? Color me unimpressed.

I must be too old, for I never saw the point to watching someone else play a videogame. It's like looking at someone reading a book, the fun is in doing it yourself. I could use another simile, but PG-13 forums, so yeah.

HAlf of his fans probably won't know this website exists. Also, Pewds's fans are not all 7-year old spoilt brats who play Minecraft all day and demand energy drinks every five seconds. Just, if you don't like him, maybe you shouldn't watch his videos.
Lol, I dont :p
I just don't want a rush of useless accounts on the website. ;)

We try to foster a community of respect and friendliness here, and aim to welcome anyone who wants to be a member of this forum. That there is an entire thread here dedicated to hating on Pewdiepie (no offense towards the topic creator, you seem to have had positive intentions) and his upcoming Terraria play doesn't bother me quite so much (that said, if it brings reputation to the game, I'm not sure why there is such an objection). But here you guys are, hysterically rejecting all of the incoming players who will show up as a result? Other people who will come here to share in the great thing that is Terraria?

That you are so prejudice and hate-filled towards them before they've even gotten here is a disservice towards this community and what it stands for.

Last edited:
For the record, if and when said Pewdiepie fans show up, we will handle it if they get out of line or break the rules. Report and move on. But disrespect based on their fandom, or even the fact that they are new, is not going to be tolerated.

If you think that TCF is a place to belittle other people based on their interests, then you might find it is you who is unwelcome here.

Not to "pile on" here - but I want to be clear that our long-standing position is to welcome all Terrarians. All.

When console arrived, we welcomed them. Same for mobile. Same will be for Mac and Linux.

It's how we operate and who we are. It's why updates remain free. It's why sales happen so often. It's why our culture is written as it is.

If this occurs and it causes a flood of new fans to Terraria and here on TCF, that's a great thing. They will be expected to abide by the rules and culture just like everyone else. I would, therefore, call on the community as a whole to adopt a more positive and welcoming stance - as we have in the examples above (for the most part).

Attacking the new folks will not be tolerated any more than their coming here and violating the rules will be tolerated.

I thank you all for your support and in advance (if this comes to pass) for your respect and maturity.

Cheers.

After staff discussion, I will be re-opening this discussion shortly, after laying out some very specific guidance on how to proceed. Stay tuned.

*** READ THIS CAREFULLY BEFORE POSTING ***

FACTS about this information -
  • Yes, apparently this was tweeted by PewDiePie,
  • No, this was not something arranged by Re-Logic,
  • Yes, steps are being taken by Re-Logic to get more information about this.

Until and unless this development comes to fruition, there is NO REASON to get up in arms about it. As both Leinfors and Loki have said above, this forum is open to ALL people interested in Terraria, regardless of their association with any other fandom. We will not be tolerating any sort of abusive or hateful comments about PewDiePie or his fan base here. People engaging in that sort of behavior past this point will find themselves swiftly removed from the discussion, along with any other applicable actions.

PewDiePie has something like 34 million subscribers - it would be silly for Re-Logic to ignore or try to stop that free PR opportunity.

We will try to relay more FACTUAL INFORMATION as it becomes available. In the meantime, the forum rules still apply (even when referencing people not here) - please keep the discussion civil and respectful.

The thread is re-opened, as long as the discussion remains reasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom