Huge wave of new Terraria fans incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly have been acting very tame in this thread, for obvious reasons. 3+ people with warnings in the span of minutes

4 verbal warnings on page 1-2 - it's not like we didn't make things quite clear.

The rules are the rules - if "new" people violate them en masse, then that will take care of itself. If you guys think we can't handle that or we are just going to toss up our hands and let it go - well you aren't paying attention. ;)

Having youtube comment experience, and knowing pewdiepies fan demographic, I am scared. there is a wave of BANS coming for flamewars...
oh god
this is like the spambots all over again.
at least thats what I believe

*Shrugs* I like the idea. But I'm weird. and I stay away from forums for the most part, so...

I might actually watch his playthroughs of Terraria (I don't normally watch playthroughs as, really, I just want to play it myself.)

This YouTube commenter summarizes my sentiments rather well.
broarmy.jpg

(on a Vocaloid music video that was once used by PewDiePie)

Sure, there will be "typical" bro army members. But there will also be people who could potentially take a genuine interest in Terraria, who have something to offer to the community, and ultimately, although their first exposure to Terraria will have been through one of PewDiePie's videos, they'll be here to stay because they love our game.

Last edited:
This YouTube commenter summarizes my sentiments rather well.
View attachment 27037
(on a Vocaloid music video that was once used by PewDiePie)

Sure, there will be "typical" bro army members. But there will also be people who could potentially take a genuine interest in Terraria, who have something to offer to the community, and ultimately, although their first exposure to Terraria will have been through one of PewDiePie's videos, they'll be here to stay because they love our game.

And I'm almost certain that these people are out there.
Indeed, that's one thing i'm awaiting when it all goes down.

I honestly don't know what the big deal here is, seriously. Maybe bunch of idiots will probably come on the forums (that's assuming they stumble across them somehow) and the mods will deal with them if they cause trouble. Let's not forget the ability of certain topics (a good example would be this one) to generate a stream of hate and stupidity from even us mature people of TCF.

With all bad things, come a little good.
There are people who try to make the Bro Army base better and try to defend them.
Instead of talking about the negative, think postive!
The more you know
(also, how do I color text?)

As long as we don't get 50 threads of kids saying terraria is a rip-off of minecraft. I am A-okay with this going down. I believe in our staff and their ability to handle this situation.

im glad that terraria will most likely gain a larger fanbase through him. my only worries i have are the fans possibly bad behavior and the rapidly increasing number of accounts not going into use at all worsening

Could care less...
I stream several times a day but I don't invite people to watch. I'm just not into that kinda thing.
Seriously though I'm not sure what seems more pointless. The act of recording yourself wasting time or the people who subscribe to watching someone waste their time.

Why watch someone play a game when you can just play the game yourself? Sure seems trendy to be a sheep and flock with the sheeple.
Go back to sleep.

Last edited:
Why watch someone play a game when you can just play the game yourself?

Plenty of reasons, many of which may not appeal to you personally, but everyone is different.
- The person may not own the game. Perhaps they can't even afford it and this is their way to experience it
- The person may want to see some of the game to get a feel for it, to decide if they want to buy/play it.
- The person may not be particularly good at the game, and so enjoys watching someone else play it instead. Particularly relevant for some survival horror games that some people find too scary to play, but not as scary to watch (especially with the comfort of the LPer there)
- The person may simply enjoy the personality of the LPer. There are thousands of youtubers who have appealing personalities (to some if not others), and have attracted followers for that reason primarily. Video game players are not exempt from this.
- Humor. Many lets players can bring a sense of humor to a game, whether it be through witty commentary, crude slapstick, or just watching their reactions as they bumble through it. Not necessarily something you can get playing it yourself.

Maybe none of these apply to you, but if they didn't apply to a lot of people, then I'm sure Lets Players wouldn't exist at all.

Plenty of reasons, many of which may not appeal to you personally, but everyone is different.
- The person may not own the game. Perhaps they can't even afford it and this is their way to experience it
- The person may want to see some of the game to get a feel for it, to decide if they want to buy/play it.
- The person may not be particularly good at the game, and so enjoys watching someone else play it instead. Particularly relevant for some survival horror games that some people find too scary to play, but not as scary to watch (especially with the comfort of the LPer there)
- The person may simply enjoy the personality of the LPer. There are thousands of youtubers who have appealing personalities (to some if not others), and have attracted followers for that reason primarily. Video game players are not exempt from this.
- Humor. Many lets players can bring a sense of humor to a game, whether it be through witty commentary, crude slapstick, or just watching their reactions as they bumble through it. Not necessarily something you can get playing it yourself.

Maybe none of these apply to you, but if they didn't apply to a lot of people, then I'm sure Lets Players wouldn't exist at all.
And let's not forget, in the case of competitive games -- a lot of people like to watch pro players/more skilled players to learn strategy and tactics

i already imagine TONS of punypie fans saying "OMG YRIMIR SUCKS PWDIEPIE IS BETR", that would be a complete disaster...
if that really happens, then... Long live Yrimir!

Long live @Yrimir ? There's no need for that. Yrimir will always be King of Kings. See, in the old times Yrimir was just a commoner. But through his travels he was defeated. But he didn't let that get him down! He drew his blade and fought his way to the top. He went through hard times like us. But now, he is the High Lord of Terraria! You see, his legend is here, as it always will be. Good legends don't die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom