Other Hurricane Event

SkyFrozen6412

Terrarian
The Hurricane Event happens after defeating Queen Bee. The only way to start the event is by using the "Suspicious Windmill" (dropped by the Harpy in 1 on 90). The event is Timed, in Pre-Hardmode it will take 1 and half day in Terraria, on Hardmode it takes 2 and a half days in Terraria, so better be prepared if you want to start the Hurricane. The event bar is much different, theres 5 sections of the event in pre-hardmode: The Starting Wind, The Wall of Wind 1, The Eye, The Wall of Wind 2 and The Final Wind. On Hardmode there are 7 phases: The Starting Wind, The Wall of Wind 1, The Border 1, The Eye, The Border 2, The Wall of Wind 2 and The Final Wind.

The Starting Wind: Is the 1 phase of the Hurricane, strong wind will blow from the East/West, it will blur the screen a little bit. The First Music will start.

The Wall of Wind 1: is the 2 phase of the Hurricane, stronger wind will blow from the East/West, is harder to move because of the wind, tornadoes will appear lifting every mob to the air, new enemies like "Botanic", "Robo-Fly" and "The Twister", the screen is more blurry. The First Music will continue.

The Border 1: is on Hardmode, the 3 phase of the Hurricane, 2 new enemies will spawn, "Haunted Windmill" and "Striker", the First Music will continue.

The Eye: is the 3 phase of the Hurricane (the 5 phase on Hardmode), nothing happens in this phase, you have time to protect yourself or just risk it. It plays the normal music of terraria but like a remix.

The Border 2: is on Hardmode, the 5 phase of the Hurricane, 3 new enemies will spawn, "Tumbleweed", "Ice Orbs" and "Golden Phoenix", The Ghost UFO (mini boss) will spawn, this time other enemies from other surface biomes will appear because they wind push them to the zone of the player. The Second Music will start.

The Wall of Wind 2: is the 4 phase of the Hurricane (on Hardmode is the 6 phase), the wind is twice stronger than before, but coming from the oposite direction, more tornadoes will appear and the first 3 enemies will, on the side of other new enemies like "Lighter", "Blaster", "Ravenwasp" and "Ghost UFO (mini boss)", this time other enemies from other surface biomes will appear because they wind push them to the zone of the player (on Hardmode they will keep appearing), the screen is very blurry. The Second Music will start (on Hardmode the music continue from The Border 2).

The Final Wind: is the final phase, is like the first phase but you can still battle with the fourth phase enemies, the screen is a bit blurry, you can still fight the Mini Boss, enemies from other biomes will no longer appear. The Second Music will continue until the event is finished.

On Expert Mode, the Mini Boss will drop 2 new items:

1) Bottle of Luck: Once you kill an enemie, it will drop twice the drop, chances are 1 in 5.

2) Sack of Windmills: It spawns a Windmill that goes to the enemy and spin around it, freezing the enemy in place. While attacking it makes 70 of Damage to the enemies, it cant freeze a boss or a mini boss.

This is the information of the enemies.

Botanic: Is a flying metalic sphere, when is close to the player it will open in half and launch at the player 10 grenades, it will stay open for a few seconds and close to follow the player again. The grenades make 15 of Damage while the enemy makes 40 of damage, it has 300 of health, when closed you cant make damage, when open has 0 defense.

Robo-Fly: They fly in groups of 6 - 10, it haves 10 of health, the attack damage is 10 and defense 0.

The Twister: a mechanical version of the demonic eye, it has the double of the stats of the Demonic Eye.

Haunted Windmill: is a windmill with gray colors. It flys over the player, freeze in place as targeting the player and then lauch itself to the player, able to make 80 of damage. While flying and targeting player makes 50 of damage, it has 100 of health and defense 0, while doing the boost it has 10 of defense.

Striker: is a ground enemy, a vehicle like tank, shoots on the air a rocket, targeting the player, once it explodes on the ground a Lighting falls and hits that same spot or hits the player. The Tank makes 30 of damage, the lighting makes 150 damage, it has 500 of health and has 5 of defense.

Tumbleweed: is a ground enemy, from its name is a tumbleweed that has spikes in it, it rolls to the player, it cant jump. It has 30 of health, makes 20 of damage and has 0 defense.

Ice Orbs: is a flying orb that launch frozen ninja stars to the player, making the player slower when it gets hit, it has a low spawn rate so is not going to annoy the player everytime. The orb makes 20 of damage, the frozen ninja stars make 40 of damage, it has 500 of health.

Golden Phoenix: is a Fenix with Golden Fire, it follows the player and sometimes dissapear to appear in front of the player. It makes 100 of damage and the player has fire effect for 5 seconds, it has 400 of health and 0 defense.

Lighter: is a similar version of the Angry Nimbus but instead of using water as attack, it launches lightning. It makes 100 of damage, it has 300 of health and 0 defense.

Blaster: is a ground enemy, is a jumping metal block with lights that when is close to the player, it open its side and blast the player or mob with a powerfull wind. It makes 50 damage, has 300 of health and 0 defense.

Ravenwasp: is a hybrid of a raven and a wasp, it flys over the player to shoot stings to the player. It has 300 of health, the sting makes 100 of damage, the enemy makes 50 of damage and has 0 defense.

Ghost UFO: this flying mini boss acts like a UFO from the Martian Madness Event, but is less. Is a gray disc with a cabine with lights that show each attack. The yellow lights means shooting a lighting (3 times) that makes 150 damage, the blue lights shoots 5 rockets at the same time to the player spot, they dont follow the player and makes 170 of damage, the red lights shoots the giant beam below like the Martian Saucer, making 200 damage. It has 10,000 of health, the enemy makes 100 damage and has 0 defense

This is a Concept I was planing a few days ago, I try to match a lot of things to a Hurricane and it wasnt easy to do, this is all the information of this Concept of a Hurricane Event. Possible changes to the post.

Last edited:
You written a bunch of enemy names there but absolutely nothing about what those are or what they do (neither anything about their stats)

And, what would each phase's lenght depend on? is it related to a timer, or you have to kill a wave of enemies to progress?
While I get the parts of the concept and they make some sense, if it would be timed it probably takes a long time, and if you have to kill several waves of enemies it likewise sounds very time consuming.
I think that would be rather unwelcome for something that can occur at random. It's like getting a blood moon while you were busy building something big, and you can't normally work on it, because you have to deal with a zombie horde...
If it's an event you can summon though, that might could work. But I don't think it would be any good as something that can occur at random.

Also, bag of UFO...? why...? there is the Xeno staff...

You written a bunch of enemy names there but absolutely nothing about what those are or what they do (neither anything about their stats)

And, what would each phase's lenght depend on? is it related to a timer, or you have to kill a wave of enemies to progress?
While I get the parts of the concept and they make some sense, if it would be timed it probably takes a long time, and if you have to kill several waves of enemies it likewise sounds very time consuming.
I think that would be rather unwelcome for something that can occur at random. It's like getting a blood moon while you were busy building something big, and you can't normally work on it, because you have to deal with a zombie horde...
If it's an event you can summon though, that might could work. But I don't think it would be any good as something that can occur at random.

Also, bag of UFO...? why...? there is the Xeno staff...

Well I didnt know the Xeno Staff, all the experience in Terraria I didnt get a chance to obtain it. And about the appearing out of nowhere, maybe you are right, need to delete that, and is timed, maybe I forgot to mention it but it takes 2 days of Terraria on Hardmode, on Pre-Hardmode is 1 and a half day. I was planning for a boss but maybe not. The enemies is a sepparated post, I will do it tomorrow, and then edit this idea so theres a different Item and changes to the even and putting duration. Maybe I will put "WIP" Because maybe more comments like this one will help me to repeair errors.

Thank you for the information, I will soon update this post

I actually really like this event idea but it needs development
Thanks, but I need to update a few things and do some small changes, because a person mention about the problem of the event appearing out of nowhere and an Item that is already in game, so is possible that theres a few more updates until I dont see problems, and the enemies stats will post it later on the day.

Back
Top Bottom