Pixel Art Huzbubber's Pixel Art Collection

Soo, do you like it? Also, what can I improve on?

• I like it!

Votes: 109 70.8%
  • I think it’s ok.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I HATE IT.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Nothing to be worked on.

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Shading

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Design

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Color palettes

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Some other thing I didn’t think of.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • It all needs work.

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • By choosing this option you officially pledge your life to almighty Borf.

Votes: 47 30.5%

• Total voters
Added new support banners for this thread! I had an old one that I got rid of but I decided to make four new ones for you guys to support me with! Codes can be found on the first page along with some new sprites. (Also 400th reply to this thread that's pretty cool)

SpriteBanner1.png
SpriteBanner2.png

SpriteBanner3.png
SpriteBanner4.png

These look really good, nice job. How did you learn to sprite so well? What tutorials did you watch, if any, and what program(s) did you use? (I use paint.net, and Piskel online for animated sprites.)

These look really good, nice job. How did you learn to sprite so well? What tutorials did you watch, if any, and what program(s) did you use? (I use paint.net, and Piskel online for animated sprites.)
Thanks! To get where I am now was a lot of time, patience, and practice, but it really paid off in the end. I'll put some more detailed tips in a spoiler below along with some really helpful resources. Hope this helps you out, I can't wait to see what you make in the future!

1. Find an inspiration - Find someone that inspires and motivates you to pixel art and study what they make. There's no better way to get a feel for what you're going for than to see someone else doing what you want to do. My personal inspiration is Darkpuppey, a member on the Terraria Pixel Art discord. Seeing what he is capable of doing and talking to him a few times really motivates me to continue improving. Having an inspiration can really help push you to new heights you didn't think you could achieve before.

2. Time and Patience - Out of all the tips here, this one is the most crucial. It takes everyone different amounts of time for them to finally get where they want, and sometimes it can take a while. It took me about a full year and a half to actually start getting decent, and about another half year to a year to get to where I am now. You might get frustrated often that you're not where you want to be at a certain time, but just keep trying. I've beat myself up over this a lot in the past but managed to get over it and really push myself to improve, just stay dedicated and positive.

3. Consistency - Just keep spriting or else you'll never improve. Taking breaks is alright, but don't take them for too long. I've taken some month long breaks and noticed my quality slip some. It's usually not much, but consistency will keep you constantly improving. The main thing I do to stay motivated it if I'm sort of out of ideas, I'll find inspiration somewhere else, whether it be a game or movie, another person, or opening requests up for people to give me ideas.

Here's a few resources I've found to be really helpful in my learning process. I started out on the Spriting Carnival forum thread, which is a great place to get advice if you want to stick on the forums. After that, I got lots of feedback in the Terraria Spriter's Guild and the Calamity Art Server, where there's a lot of very good pixel artists that can help you out along the way. As for tutorials, I'd highly recommend going with the Miniboss Tutorials, they're made by the people that made graphics for Celeste and they range all the way from beginner tips to expert strategies.

Here's a bunch on different resprites that I've been making over the past few weeks for the Obamahaul texture pack, which aims to turn everything into the game into Obama. I'm pretty happy with how they all turned out and it was a fun project to work on. I'll put a link at the bottom so you can check out the pack. (Note: The pack hasn't been updated with my sprites in it, but it when it gets updated again you should be able to find my stuff.)

Obama Poacher 1.gif
Obama Poacher 2.gif
Obama Crimera.gif
Obamalion.gif
Tombama Crawler.png
Obamoth.gif
Obama Wraith.gif
Obama Devil.gif
Obama Armor.gif
Obamalion Mandible.png
Obama Mandible Blade.png
Federal Trident.png

Thanks! To get where I am now was a lot of time, patience, and practice, but it really paid off in the end. I'll put some more detailed tips in a spoiler below along with some really helpful resources. Hope this helps you out, I can't wait to see what you make in the future!

1. Find an inspiration - Find someone that inspires and motivates you to pixel art and study what they make. There's no better way to get a feel for what you're going for than to see someone else doing what you want to do. My personal inspiration is Darkpuppey, a member on the Terraria Pixel Art discord. Seeing what he is capable of doing and talking to him a few times really motivates me to continue improving. Having an inspiration can really help push you to new heights you didn't think you could achieve before.

2. Time and Patience - Out of all the tips here, this one is the most crucial. It takes everyone different amounts of time for them to finally get where they want, and sometimes it can take a while. It took me about a full year and a half to actually start getting decent, and about another half year to a year to get to where I am now. You might get frustrated often that you're not where you want to be at a certain time, but just keep trying. I've beat myself up over this a lot in the past but managed to get over it and really push myself to improve, just stay dedicated and positive.

3. Consistency - Just keep spriting or else you'll never improve. Taking breaks is alright, but don't take them for too long. I've taken some month long breaks and noticed my quality slip some. It's usually not much, but consistency will keep you constantly improving. The main thing I do to stay motivated it if I'm sort of out of ideas, I'll find inspiration somewhere else, whether it be a game or movie, another person, or opening requests up for people to give me ideas.

Here's a few resources I've found to be really helpful in my learning process. I started out on the Spriting Carnival forum thread, which is a great place to get advice if you want to stick on the forums. After that, I got lots of feedback in the Terraria Spriter's Guild and the Calamity Art Server, where there's a lot of very good pixel artists that can help you out along the way. As for tutorials, I'd highly recommend going with the Miniboss Tutorials, they're made by the people that made graphics for Celeste and they range all the way from beginner tips to expert strategies.
Thank you very much, I'll do what I can to improve and hopefully I can get as good as you and others like you. I'll probably follow you on the forums as well, and I might make a thread showcasing most of my sprites.

Here's a bunch on different resprites that I've been making over the past few weeks for the Obamahaul texture pack, which aims to turn everything into the game into Obama. I'm pretty happy with how they all turned out and it was a fun project to work on. I'll put a link at the bottom so you can check out the pack. (Note: The pack hasn't been updated with my sprites in it, but it when it gets updated again you should be able to find my stuff.)

View attachment 287557 View attachment 287558 View attachment 287559 View attachment 287560 View attachment 287561 View attachment 287562 View attachment 287563 View attachment 287564 View attachment 287565 View attachment 287566 View attachment 287567 View attachment 287568

Is this a meme or something like that?

Just curious, how talented are you at making Undertale-themed art?
I've only ever tried doing one Undertale themed sprite, which would be Bender Sans found at the beginning of my newer sprites (which ironically is from like a year ago lmao). I've never really done much with it but I may try some in the future,

I've only ever tried doing one Undertale themed sprite, which would be Bender Sans found at the beginning of my newer sprites (which ironically is from like a year ago lmao). I've never really done much with it but I may try some in the future,
I think it'd be pretty interesting to try and make some Terraria enemies/bosses in Undertale's battle style. Would make for some cool concept battles, even if others have done the same already.

Kraken.png
Krakite.gif
Inkball.gif
Whirlpool.gif
Enchanted Hook.png
Ink Spritzer.png
Whirlpool Scepter.png
Tentacle Whip.png
Suckered Hook.png
Ink Heart.png
Cursed Ink Sac.png
Baby Kraken.gif
Kraken Treasure Bag.png
Kraken Mask.png
Kraken Trophy Item.png
Kraken Trophy.png
Kraken Relic Item.png
Kraken Relic.png
Driftwood.png
Ramshacle Raft.png
Repugnant Chum Bucket.png
Seabound Malediction.png

Here's all of the sprites from my recent update to my Kraken suggestion, still working on uploading them all to the original thread since I hit the file limit and have to condense a bunch of sprites lmao. Also, I'll open requests for through December 19th since I need ideas. Just don't request anything large like bosses or complex animations, just simple stuff like items for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom