Pixel Art Huzbubber's Pixel Art Collection

Soo, do you like it? Also, what can I improve on?

• I like it!

Votes: 109 70.8%
  • I think it’s ok.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I HATE IT.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Nothing to be worked on.

Votes: 16 10.4%
  • Shading

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Design

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • Color palettes

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Some other thing I didn’t think of.

Votes: 12 7.8%
  • It all needs work.

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • By choosing this option you officially pledge your life to almighty Borf.

Votes: 47 30.5%

• Total voters
how about making a Grimm ranged weapon? and if possible, a collection of them? (referring to Hollow Knight Grimm)

Wow really good. I would ask you to help me with my mod but you seem to busy. Anyways could you teach me how to get better at terraria pixel art

if its not too hard, could you make a mech boss themed sentry? like maybe one of skeletron primes arms made into a turret or something?
Sounds good to me!

I guess some cool cosmic-related stuff, maybe a few weapons or something. Nothing crazy.
Will do, I just read your Cosmic Sands suggestion and I might try to use that for inspiration.

how about making a Grimm ranged weapon? and if possible, a collection of them? (referring to Hollow Knight Grimm)
I’ve had making weapon set inspired by Grimm on my to-do list for a while now so I’ll get that done

Wow really good. I would ask you to help me with my mod but you seem to busy. Anyways could you teach me how to get better at terraria pixel art
Sure! In the last page I posted a comment with a bunch of my tips for getting better at pixel art, I’ll add it in a quote here. Can’t wait to see what you make!

Thanks! To get where I am now was a lot of time, patience, and practice, but it really paid off in the end. I'll put some more detailed tips in a spoiler below along with some really helpful resources. Hope this helps you out, I can't wait to see what you make in the future!

1. Find an inspiration - Find someone that inspires and motivates you to pixel art and study what they make. There's no better way to get a feel for what you're going for than to see someone else doing what you want to do. My personal inspiration is Darkpuppey, a member on the Terraria Pixel Art discord. Seeing what he is capable of doing and talking to him a few times really motivates me to continue improving. Having an inspiration can really help push you to new heights you didn't think you could achieve before.

2. Time and Patience - Out of all the tips here, this one is the most crucial. It takes everyone different amounts of time for them to finally get where they want, and sometimes it can take a while. It took me about a full year and a half to actually start getting decent, and about another half year to a year to get to where I am now. You might get frustrated often that you're not where you want to be at a certain time, but just keep trying. I've beat myself up over this a lot in the past but managed to get over it and really push myself to improve, just stay dedicated and positive.

3. Consistency - Just keep spriting or else you'll never improve. Taking breaks is alright, but don't take them for too long. I've taken some month long breaks and noticed my quality slip some. It's usually not much, but consistency will keep you constantly improving. The main thing I do to stay motivated it if I'm sort of out of ideas, I'll find inspiration somewhere else, whether it be a game or movie, another person, or opening requests up for people to give me ideas.

Here's a few resources I've found to be really helpful in my learning process. I started out on the Spriting Carnival forum thread, which is a great place to get advice if you want to stick on the forums. After that, I got lots of feedback in the Terraria Spriter's Guild and the Calamity Art Server, where there's a lot of very good pixel artists that can help you out along the way. As for tutorials, I'd highly recommend going with the Miniboss Tutorials, they're made by the people that made graphics for Celeste and they range all the way from beginner tips to expert strategies.

@stevenawesome1018 Your mech turret is finished! I took inspiration from Skeletron Prime's laser cannon and made a turret-style sentry for it along with a summoning remote item. I also included the top and bottom sections of it separately in case you want the cannon to rotate.

Mech Turret.png
Mech Turret Remote.png

Mech Turret Top.png
Mech Turret Bottom.png

The rest of the requests should be finished tomorrow!

Sounds good to me!

Will do, I just read your Cosmic Sands suggestion and I might try to use that for inspiration.

I’ve had making weapon set inspired by Grimm on my to-do list for a while now so I’ll get that done

Sure! In the last page I posted a comment with a bunch of my tips for getting better at pixel art, I’ll add it in a quote here. Can’t wait to see what you make!
Thanks I’ll try to use your tips and look for more way s to improve this was a big help.

@Scratch Lunin and @Kirby737 your requests are done! (Sorry about the delay, had some other stuff I had to do yesterday and today). For the cosmic items I made one of each weapon class along with a crafting material, and the doge is in the style of a town pet. Hope these work for you guys! @darkmega5 the Grimm set is currently in progress and should be done soon.

Cosmic Material.png
Cosmic Sword.png
Cosmic Blaster.png
Cosmic Staff.png
Cosmic Whip.png

Doge.png

Requests are now CLOSED. Thank you to everyone that gave me these ideas!

Last edited:
@darkmega5 here's your Grimm set! Sorry about the wait, got caught up with some other stuff but I finally finished it. For the melee weapon I took inspiration from his slashing attack and made a claw sort of weapon, for the bow and the spell tome I thought the bat attacks could work interesting with those, and as for the summon staff I thought it could give minions some sort of temporary buff.

Grimm Claw.png
Grimm Bow.png
Grimm Tome.png
Grimm Crozier.png

Also, here's a few additional new sprites, including an aquamarine crystal, two staffs for competitions on the Thorium discord, and a bunch of resprites of my old stuff, along with a resprite of a potion gun @⠀Ai⠀ made for me a while ago.

Aquamarine Crystal.png
Crystalline Scepter.png
Stratos Fissure.png
Cosmic Flare Buster.png
Phantsmal Scepter.png
Potion Gun.png

Before 2020 ends (for me at least), here's a compilation of a lot of the pixel art I made in 2020. I have to say I'm very proud of how I improved this year and I can't wait to see what I do next year. Happy new year everyone!

View attachment 303300

(didn't do anything in January for some reason so I didn't have to include it lmao)
Such great sprites you have made for 2020. My 2020 already ended 11 hours ago.

I̷̺͠F̷͚̐ ̴͖͆Ȳ̵̦Ǒ̶̺Ȗ̸̝ ̵͇͝Ā̷̘R̷̢̾E̴̫̓ ̵͎̂A̴̢̕F̸̯̽R̵͇͝Ả̴̞I̷͕̍D̴͍́,̸̩͛ ̵̂ͅW̷͔̊E̶̤͝ ̶͖̍Ẇ̸̱Ȋ̸̲L̷̠͝L̵̦̈́ ̴̟̈́L̶̗̕O̷͉̿O̷̗̕K̵̤̀ ̶̫͋T̵͖́O̶̞͠Ģ̸̿E̸̲͌T̴̞̆Ḧ̸̗́E̴̤̅R̴̺͆
I know this is a reference, I just can't recall what that series was called...

Back
Top Bottom