• Pulsating Armor

• Exponential Armor

• Viaritium Armor

• Unstable Armor

• Pluhanium Armor

Results are only viewable after voting.

HeroGabe

Golem
This is a new stream of suggestions that I will be putting out, now, this will be focused more on the post-lunar tier than anything else. The armor I am going for is currently called the Pulsating Armor. This might be put into it's own tier, but the Pulsating Armor would be for a new class (the armor will have a Pre-Hardmode and Post-Mech variant, but they aren't as powerful as the Pulsating Armor) that would be more focused on, well, abilities on items.

There is a new damage type, this will be referred to as ability damage, and will be the damage dealt by any ability that this new class has.

The Armor acts in a wierd way, unlike other armor that might appear at Post-Lunar, it will only have 55 defense (without helm), but the armor has an ability, and that is that if you get attacked, a "ping" will come out of the armor and smack 2 foes for 5x the damage normally dealt by the foe that attacked you, along with making you take 50% less damage. The ping will be a different color and will act in different ways depending on what attacked you.

Critters do not give a ping, neither do bosses (DG will not trigger it either, so don't ask if this would be a way to destroy DG).
Worms cause a Worm ping, which will burrow through blocks and until it has hit the 2 foes or has traveled outside of the 500 feet circular radius, will not go away.

Slimes return a ping that would act like a waterbolt, bouncing a few times (or hitting 2 foes before the final bounce) before vanishing. This holds true for Bone Serpents and the Red Devils.

Anything from a Solar Eclipse causes a ping that acts like a Vampire (enemy) and until it kills the 2 foes needed or has not killed foes in a while, not vanish. It is limited to the screen, though, so don't rely on gathering them up only to find that all of the foes are out of your screen.

Flocko will cause a ping that will act like a Flocko and until it kills the 2 foes, not go away.

Zombies cause an Unstable Ping, which will go and chase a foe, then explode when it touches one, causing property damage and damage to the foe it was chasing and around that foe in a 10 block radius.

The Plant AI will cause the ping to react as if it were a Slime that attacked. It can't get simpler than that.

Anything of the Lunar Event (not the Lunar Boss) will cause a ping to react as if a Flocko attacked you.
This will give you a 1.15% boost to rare items dropping, but the catch is that it has the lowest def, only adding 15 defense.
"No pain, no gain."
This will be the ranger version of the Pulsating Helmet, it is crafted using the Pulsating Helmet and a Rock Visor (note that the Rock Visor will only be in another suggestion, the pre-hardmode version of the Hyperkinetic/Pulsating Armor
This will be the upgrade to the Pulsating Helmet, in terms of defense, in ability, it causes monsters to run away from you, but the Hardmode foes are fearless, you get 30 defense from it, but monsters from Hardmode walk 10% slower than normal. Hardmode Bosses are not affected.

The problem with the armor is...

The problem is when you do a ping, that this will show up.
upload_2015-3-7_13-10-32.png
The problems that this causes is that every time you do another ping when it is active, you take 10 points of damage and reset the 5 second timer.

Last edited:
Well, I am guessing not many people will support, so this might end up being dead. Don't lock it, though.

This idea in general feels fairly incomplete.You have helms for two classes, but not a third, and there is very little detail. I understand you are still working on it, but you should try to post only when your thread is finished. Also, a couple of things:

1. How is this armor for a new class? There is no mention of a new damage type, which is how classes are defined in Terraria.

2. If it's for a new class, why is there a ranger version of the helmet?

3. 1.69% (a very odd number I might add) is a very small amount to take in return for a powerful set bonus. If you either made that number something like 20% or removed it and made the armor shoot one sword at a time only, that would be more balanced.

Please flesh out your idea more. It shows promise but lacks detail an completeness.

This idea in general feels fairly incomplete.You have helms for two classes, but not a third, and there is very little detail. I understand you are still working on it, but you should try to post only when your thread is finished. Also, a couple of things:

1. How is this armor for a new class? There is no mention of a new damage type, which is how classes are defined in Terraria.

2. If it's for a new class, why is there a ranger version of the helmet?

3. 1.69% (a very odd number I might add) is a very small amount to take in return for a powerful set bonus. If you either made that number something like 20% or removed it and made the armor shoot one sword at a time only, that would be more balanced.

Please flesh out your idea more. It shows promise but lacks detail an completeness.
1. This new class will be using a new damage type, which I forgot to type out.
2. It's for people who want a cross-over in between the new class and the ranger class.
3. Thanks for telling me that, also.

Ultimately this idea falls very firmly in the realm of "meh". We already have accessories that retaliate when you're hit, and Turtle Armor has a built in Thorns effect; more unique version would be nice, however this is neither really unique nor interesting. We don't need a fifth damage type, especially not one as niche as this, and having a passive damaging ability that activates when you're hit on a low-defense armor set is a terrible idea, unless the ability is THAT GOOD, which doesn't seem to be the case here. When you're dealing with enemies that hit for over 200 damage, unless your set bonus is handing out five times that damage per hit, it's generally not worthwhile to have so little defense.

So no, I'm not going to make you a Hyperkinetic Staff.

Ultimately this idea falls very firmly in the realm of "meh". We already have accessories that retaliate when you're hit, and Turtle Armor has a built in Thorns effect; more unique version would be nice, however this is neither really unique nor interesting. We don't need a fifth damage type, especially not one as niche as this, and having a passive damaging ability that activates when you're hit on a low-defense armor set is a terrible idea, unless the ability is THAT GOOD, which doesn't seem to be the case here. When you're dealing with enemies that hit for over 200 damage, unless your set bonus is handing out five times that damage per hit, it's generally not worthwhile to have so little defense.

So no, I'm not going to make you a Hyperkinetic Staff.
Thanks for your feedback.

I will probably change how the Hyperkinetic stuff works, it will still have an ability, I might just... well, make it different than it is.

(Yes, because I read all of the feedback, I know that you are not going to make a Hyperkinetic Staff.)

Yay! We finally have a sprite here! I also added a downside, and no, you do not activate the Surpressor. Should change that.

Back
Top Bottom