I already have Terraria on my Xbox, but should I save up and buy it for PC?

Castimir

Terrarian
For context, I'm struggling with this decision mostly because my friends play it on Xbox, but I want to try getting good at the game on a pleasant platform.
I have a world and two characters which I've finished the main bosses on (minus Moon Lord which I am practicing beating solo) and a great friend who plays on Xbox with me when we play Terraria. We've been planning to start an Expert (Master soon?) run after we make a spaceship on our world and finish all our visions for it. He does have Terraria on PC, though his computer is not great and he does not get to play on the PC in his house often.
Should I take the investment and buy it? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Turns out I had a gift card lying around, made the investment. Sunk 6 hours into one session, that's new for a game.

Last edited:
For context, I'm struggling with this decision mostly because my friends play it on Xbox, but I want to try getting good at the game on a pleasant platform.
I have a world and two characters which I've finished the main bosses on (minus Moon Lord which I am practicing beating solo) and a great friend who plays on Xbox with me when we play Terraria. We've been planning to start an Expert (Master soon?) run after we make a spaceship on our world and finish all our visions for it. He does have Terraria on PC, though his computer is not great and he does not get to play on the PC in his house often.
Should I take the investment and buy it? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Turns out I had a gift card lying around, made the investment. Sunk 6 hours into one session, that's new for a game.
I’m glad to hear you ended up getting iton PC. I was going to say if you already had a computer and just needed the game, I’d strongly recommend it for the $9.99 price tag. And even better if you’ve got a friend that you can play with on PC.

Sounds like you made a good decision with your 6 your first session. :)

Also, I really liked your vanity contest entry. The sun, stars, and night element was cool.

It really just depends on what you think suits you. I say the PC version is best not just by experience alone, but because it's the first version out of all other editions of the game to be updated. You also have the huge amount of community made content like mods and texture packs if the base game isn't already enough to keep you occupied.

tl;dr Definitely get the PC version. Though it's really up to you if your preference on what you think suits you best.

I have mobile, Xbox and pc, and I think PC is the best, especially when mods come into play. Plus, us pc players get to play 1.4 before everyone else, so...

I’m glad to hear you ended up getting iton PC. I was going to say if you already had a computer and just needed the game, I’d strongly recommend it for the $9.99 price tag. And even better if you’ve got a friend that you can play with on PC.

Sounds like you made a good decision with your 6 your first session. :)

Also, I really liked your vanity contest entry. The sun, stars, and night element was cool.
It really does feel like a new game. It's such a nice feeling, exploring a whole new modded version of a game I like so much. I spend half my time in Recipe Browser seeing all the cool stuff I can make.
Also, I'm glad you liked my submission. I don't think it had enough substance to be made a vanity in hindsight, but I did learn something.

Back
Top Bottom