I am Dr.Z. Ask me about my Terraria lore!

Dr.Zootsuit

Duke Fishron
I am Dr. Zootsuit, also known as Dr. Z. I've spent a bunch of time writing up my own silly-:red: lore for Terraria, as a personal challenge to myself.
To pique your interest, this lore contains: Mass hallucinations, Alien religious zealots, Gamer dryad, the state of Colorado, a sentient dungeon, romance, treachery, and the player character eating the Moon-lord.

Ask me anything! I have bios and explanations for every NPC, biome, and boss, and I have a full explanation for every leg of the games story and progression. I dare you to delve into the depths of my madness!

two:

Do you get hallucinations from eating mushrooms?

Does the Gamer dryad prefer a joystick?

Do you get hallucinations from eating mushrooms?
The topic of mass hallucinations is specifically referring to the event known as the solar eclipse, as well as, to a lesser extent, the blood moon.

The solar eclipse is, obviously, when the sun is blotted out by the moon. However, there's more to such an event in Terraria than there is on earth. Due to the high amounts of mana and Divine Potential Energy that infuses the air after the death of the wall of flesh, the solar eclipse has a rather odd effect on the world.
Specifically? Nightmares are made manifest. Rabbits are pursued by massive foxes. Birds and fish set upon by the swift shadows of larger birds and fish. Specifically, any creature that finds itself in the darkness of the eclipse will have their fears pulled out of their head and hallucinatorily manifested. Except, due to the high amounts of DPE, the nighmares are real.

So, since the player character (henceforth referred to as The Terrarian), and all of the rest of the Zeeplex science team come from the planet Earth, their fears made manifest are all straight out of horror movies. Thus when the solar eclipse occurs, the horror monsters that plague everyone's childhood fears come alive and hunt them down. (The nurse is the one who's afraid of Mothra, by the way.)

So alright, it's not really hallucinations, as they're solid and can be killed, but they're magical, and they disappear into thin air as soon as the eclipse ends.
The blood moon also involves hallucinations, but those are just a small part of it's effects. It also drives the undead feral, causes everyone's emotions to go wack, and makes the blood of certain sea creatures literally boil. Fun times.

Also the blue mushrooms are only mildly hallucinogenic. Feel free to consume them recreationally.

Does the Gamer dryad prefer a joystick?
Doctor Frazetta (also known by her adopted name of Tatiana), was mostly a fan of rpg's and mmo's back when she was on Earth, and as such favors a keyboard.

Last edited:
A sentient dungeon, so what are they?
The Dungeon...

You make think of The Dungeon as a big brick building bursting with bad-tempered boneheads, but there's more there than meets the eye. The dungeon is, in fact, alive.
Once upon a time, The Dungeon was one of the most bustling cities in Terraria. Unlike the city at the center of the world, this city was populated by those who spurned the worship of Terraria itself. It was a city of war, money, and strife, and in time, the discontentment and anger of its citizens accumulated within the very stones of the city itself. Soon, a mysterious sickness swept the city, and all within it wasted away, leaving it a necropolis.
However, all of the life-force and anger of the people was enough for the dungeon to achieve a very weak godhood, gaining a mind of its own. The Dungeon soon set to work using its power to reanimate the dead, and create an army of skeletons and zombies to guard its halls and do its bidding.

The Dungeon, as it is now known, is... kind of a jerk. Its personality is very nasty and spiteful, and it delights in torturing living beings. It considers its undead minions entirely expendable, and will frequently work them until they physically crumble apart. Its goal is to have its servants expand its tunnels down to the underworld, as part of a larger plot to adsorb Terraria's Divine Potential Energy. The only other entity The Dungeon respects is the The Terrarian, as they beat its champion in a fair duel (the battle with Skeletron), and pillaged its halls twice over, even following The Dungeon's power increase after the defeat of Plantera. As such, The Dungeon almost considers The Terrarian a rival of sorts, but you'll never get it to admit that The Terrarian may be stronger than it.

Back
Top Bottom