I am having trouble with 2 pulses in one wire

slimcognitodude

Terrarian
So I am trying to make a thing which makes 2 pulses in one wire and it didn't work. So here's an image of what was happening.
7mzfakR.png
EmVhjXB.png

so what was supposed to happen is that once the lever was switched once the logic lamp on the 3rd logic gate was supposed to be turned on, but instead the 2nd logic lamp was turned on. Is there any way to fix this?

The problem here is that while two pulses are sent through the wire (the torch should stay on), they are sent during the same calculation step, i.e. logic gates aren't evaluated inbetween. I wrote up a guide about this a bit after logic gates were first introduced, so you can check that out if you want.

If you're trying to make your bit shifter shift two places at a time, you will either have to separate each trigger by a tick or have the connections between your logic gates skip over each other. If only one bit in your shifter will be active at a time, ten you could just use an extra logic gate as a buffer to separate your two pulses.

You just have to remember that nothing is impossible.
bD1jnIv.gif

EDIT: okay nevermind, a way to do this already exists. Apparently I just made a fancy version, that doesn't produce smoke. Whoops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom