I am planning to get a laptop

You don't need to get any additional RAM since that laptop has 6GB.

The SSD is completely optional and won't improve Terraria's save and load times to an amount that is notice-able. It will however make your Laptop boot much much faster. So the choice is up to you, just remember you or someone you know will need to be able to know how to install it and how to install Windows on it.

If you click the SSD option on the amazon page your purchase will come with the SSD you need, it will still require you to install it on your own and install windows on it.

Here's a picture to show you where the button is for your purchase to include the SSD

zp0Qvgq.png

You'll need to download the drivers for your laptop and put them on a flash drive beforehand. Found here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7332?b=1

How to perform a Clean Install of Windows 10
  • Grab a flash drive with at least 8GB of free space and insert it into the Computer.
  • Download Windows Media Creation Tool.
  • Run the program and allow it to guide you through the process.
  • Now that you have the Windows Installer on the flash drive you need to make sure you download all the necessary drivers that you'll need to make the computer function. If you don't know how to do this make a post in the Technical Support section and I will grab you the files you need.
  • Restart your computer, you'll need to get to either the UEFI setup or the Boot Menu to boot from the Flash Drive. If you are not sure what key you need to hit to get to this menu make a post in the Technical Support section and I will guide you through it.
  • Once you boot from the flash drive into the installer you'll want to select the custom or advanced installation, not the upgrade one.
  • It should show you a picture of all your drives/partitions and some options at the bottom. Click on each partition and select "Delete" until you are left with one Partition of "Unallocated Space".
  • Click the partition and select "New" at the bottom, then click "Apply".
  • Windows will then create all the partitions it needs to function, click on the partition with largest file size and select next.
  • Finish the installation.
  • Install the drivers you downloaded.
  • Reboot the computer.
  • Install the programs you want.
  • Reboot the computer.
This is a brief overview I recommend looking up some tutorials on youtube if you need a better understanding on how to do this.

Drivers allow the hardware to communicate effectively with software. The OS manages those drivers. A fresh SSD or HDD means no drivers, which means, you likely won't be able to connect to the internet. So you put the drivers on a flash drive so you can still install them without needing access to the internet.

You may want to consider just using the HDD that comes with the laptop. At least initially, then you won't have to put in any work installing and configuring windows. Installing Windows is for advanced users, it may just be easier to not order an SSD.

Like I said though, if you have any questions on the installation process I recommend looking up an in depth guide or video tutorial.

Can you please search up on YouTube
"Richard Tech how to install windows 10"
And watch it and tell me if I can do the first method

Back
Top Bottom