PC I am playing a ranger character on expert mode. Should I use molten armor or necro?

Asteroidal_Assassin

Skeletron Prime
I have been thinking should I sacrifice defense in order to deal more damage and consume less damage or keep my molten armor and just use the bone glove?

I'd lean towards Molten Armour. A 15% damage bonus isn't all that impressive that early on in the game, while Molten Armour gives you an extra damage reduction of 8 points per attack, which does add up over time.

In the end, it boils down to how good you are at not getting hit. Defense doesn't really matter if you don't take any damage, so if you're adept at dodging, stick with Necro Armour. If you'd rather play it safe, go for Molten.

I'd lean towards Molten Armour. A 15% damage bonus isn't all that impressive that early on in the game, while Molten Armour gives you an extra damage reduction of 8 points per attack, which does add up over time.

In the end, it boils down to how good you are at not getting hit. Defense doesn't really matter if you don't take any damage, so if you're adept at dodging, stick with Necro Armour. If you'd rather play it safe, go for Molten.
I have the shield of cthulhu? Will that make up for my lack of defense?

I was mainly talking about the maneuvering it gives you
Ah, I see. Well, in that case, yes, it makes dodging easier, although then it becomes a question of which accessory (or accessories) you are sacrificing by using the Shield.

With that said, the SoC in my opinion remains a very good accessory throughout pre-Hardmode, so I'd say it's usually worth it, yes.

Ah, I see. Well, in that case, yes, it makes dodging easier, although then it becomes a question of which accessory (or accessories) you are sacrificing by using the Shield.

With that said, the SoC in my opinion remains a very good accessory throughout pre-Hardmode, so I'd say it's usually worth it, yes.
So I should use the Necro armor?

Necro gives you ranged bonuses whereas molten gives you melee bonuses
Tank armors have always been known to have the highest defense out of the armors of its same tier because of their close-range offensive capability
Choose Necro

Back
Top Bottom