Other I believe that a "Game Speed" bar should be placed in the video settings

The Grimwar

Terrarian
The desire for this came when I got a new PC Tower and started playing Terraria on it. The PC was newer and far more high quality than my last, and now Terraria runs faster.

As a matter of fact it runs too fast, the game moves much quicker than I'm used to it moving, and while the increased weapon swing and movemetn speed is nice, everything moves faster, including the enemies, and now the game is a tad more unforgiving than usual. I tried taking down Skeletron Prime and got slaughtered when his health was halfway depleted. I'd like there to be an adjustable game speed option for the sake of players whose computer settings aren't quite adequate, and when they upgrade the game moves faster than they're accustomed.

Your new computer is probably running it at the correct speed - you were just used to the old, non frame skip version on your lower spec PC. Just to confirm though, can you upload a video of the game on your current PC to check it's not broken?

Are you familiar with Chippygaming? It runs as fast as it does on his Terraria playthrough videos.

Last edited:
That's the current speed, I wish there was an option to speed it up or slow it down, for people like me and for speedrunners, as well as hardcore gamers desiring extra difficulty!

That's the current speed, I wish there was an option to speed it up or slow it down, for people like me and for speedrunners, as well as hardcore gamers desiring extra difficulty!
I mean you could enable autopause and open and close your inventory repeatedly whenever something happens too quickly for you.

Back
Top Bottom