PC I can either have the game run smooth, or i can have it run without things i cursor over flickering. but i cant do both

Duthos

Terrarian
frameskip off - game runs smooth, anything i cursor over flickers MOST annoyingly

frameskip on/subtle - game feels stuttery, things i cursor over dispay properly.

no matter what settings i use in my AMD control panel i get this same behavior. limiting fps via riva tuner gives me the same bahavior as frameskip off over 100 fps, and the same as frameskip on under it. fullscreen/windowed makes no difference. setting my monitor refresh rate to different things has the same effect as using riva tuner. ive read the game runs at 60 fps regardless of your actual fps and that this flicker happens if yer not a multiple of 60, but setting my refresh or frame limit to 120 gives the same behavior as frameskip off. the flicker when cursoring over hurts my eyes, and so does the stutter if i solve that. edit - items attached to the cursor, such as a pick, show this same flicker.

i couldnt find anyone with a solution when i searched, but i figured mebbe i would try here. i need a way to solve the flicker on cursor over without using frameskip. any wisdom would be appreciated

my system specs are FAR beyond what is required for this game, far enough i cant imagine they are relevant to this issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom