Resolved I cannot beat the twins. (expert melee)

TerrarianCrab

Official Terrarian
So a little backstory here. I am a melee character, and I play on expert mode. I've gotten into Hardmode serval days ago so it seems good to kill the mechs. I kill a few mimics to get the chain guillotines and I farm for frost armor. I kill skeletron prime. not too hard. then I kill destroyer. pretty easy. then the Twins. I can not kill them whatever I do. I use way too many buffs that take way too long to make, I farmed destroyer to get full hallowed armor, I try the nurse trick (spaz just kills me), I have 5 light discs and full menacing on all of my accessories. what am I doing wrong? I've tried tank (as in warding on my accessories) but I can't kill them fast enough. it might be that I'm just bad. but if not, share your thoughts. I'll be happy to see them

Chain Guillotine is a good weapon, but it’s definitely not the best. I recommend farming for Shadowflame Knives - they have good DPS, much larger range, and the advantage of bringing a powerful DOT debuff.

I recommend the Queen Slime mount for this bossfight, it doesn’t fly very long but its speed in all directions is incredible and it lets you outpace the Twins more effectively than any wings at this stage. It’s helpful for certain parts of the fight, so don’t use it to replace wings but rather have it alongside them.

I recommend Hallowed Armor for this fight, the occasional dodge is extremely helpful for their inconsistent and hard hitting attacks. Make sure you also have fire gauntlet and any of its materials, wings, boots and some defensive accessories if you have any room.

The most effective way to beat the twins is to create a giant runway and give yourself a lot of space to move rather than a structured arena. Cramping yourself in a small arena is a good way to get cornered by their attacks, so a long bridge of asphalt and plenty of vertical space is good.

For the first phase, run away on the bridge and focus your damage on Spazmatism. Fighting second phase spazmatism alongside first phase retinazer is much easier than the other way around. A general up and down motion will work, make sure you weave around Spazmatism’s bullets when you turn around. Retinazer should be a non issue, the lasers will all miss if you move constantly.

Once spazmatism enters second phase, you can book it on your skybridge, but you need asphalt and good tier boots to outrun him and you can get caught when you have to turn around. Bring out your queen slime mount and stay moving. Pay close attention to where Spazmatism is at all times, his fire jets deal a ton of damage. I’d say you should keep your minimap open for the fight so you know generally where he is at any time. Especially be cafeful to get distance from him when he finishes charging.

Once spazmatism is taken care of, focus your damage on Retinazer. Second phase Retinazer is actually somewhat dangerous, since the laser spam can whittle away at you. You can just use your runway to flee in one direction, hide in a box to cheese every bullet, or do it the hard way and fight him for real. If you do it the hard way, be mindful of Retinazer changing angles and fire rates. Move in a U shape, flying upward with wings once Retinazer starts rapidfiring and otherwise staying grounded as best you can during the normal bolts. Queen Slime mount can help you return to the ground.

Chain Guillotine is a good weapon, but it’s definitely not the best. I recommend farming for Shadowflame Knives - they have good DPS, much larger range, and the advantage of bringing a powerful DOT debuff.

I recommend the Queen Slime mount for this bossfight, it doesn’t fly very long but its speed in all directions is incredible and it lets you outpace the Twins more effectively than any wings at this stage. It’s helpful for certain parts of the fight, so don’t use it to replace wings but rather have it alongside them.

I recommend Hallowed Armor for this fight, the occasional dodge is extremely helpful for their inconsistent and hard hitting attacks. Make sure you also have fire gauntlet and any of its materials, wings, boots and some defensive accessories if you have any room.

The most effective way to beat the twins is to create a giant runway and give yourself a lot of space to move rather than a structured arena. Cramping yourself in a small arena is a good way to get cornered by their attacks, so a long bridge of asphalt and plenty of vertical space is good.

For the first phase, run away on the bridge and focus your damage on Spazmatism. Fighting second phase spazmatism alongside first phase retinazer is much easier than the other way around. A general up and down motion will work, make sure you weave around Spazmatism’s bullets when you turn around. Retinazer should be a non issue, the lasers will all miss if you move constantly.

Once spazmatism enters second phase, you can book it on your skybridge, but you need asphalt and good tier boots to outrun him and you can get caught when you have to turn around. Bring out your queen slime mount and stay moving. Pay close attention to where Spazmatism is at all times, his fire jets deal a ton of damage. I’d say you should keep your minimap open for the fight so you know generally where he is at any time. Especially be cafeful to get distance from him when he finishes charging.

Once spazmatism is taken care of, focus your damage on Retinazer. Second phase Retinazer is actually somewhat dangerous, since the laser spam can whittle away at you. You can just use your runway to flee in one direction, hide in a box to cheese every bullet, or do it the hard way and fight him for real. If you do it the hard way, be mindful of Retinazer changing angles and fire rates. Move in a U shape, flying upward with wings once Retinazer starts rapidfiring and otherwise staying grounded as best you can during the normal bolts. Queen Slime mount can help you return to the ground.
Wooo!! thank you so much man, just today I got the shadowflame knife and DESTROYED the twins!! you have no idea how much time you've saved me!!

Back
Top Bottom