Mobile I cannot join local worlds

Jodin Bobe

Terrarian
I got the game yesterday and my brother did too. My dads iPad also got it and None of us can connect to any world. We are all on the same wifi and our router is good. We are also on newest version. Each of us have tried hosted but only the iPad cant (my brothers) because of lack of ram. But the iPad and my phone (iPhone 8) can make worlds and they are successful. It then says that I am the only one on the world and when my brother goes to check the world or my dads iPad goes to join it doesn’t come up same with when I try to join my dads iPad. And yes we are in the multiplayer tab. I would like to get help fast plz because we have been trying (on and off) for 2 hours to no success.

I got the game yesterday and my brother did too. My dads iPad also got it and None of us can connect to any world. We are all on the same wifi and our router is good. We are also on newest version. Each of us have tried hosted but only the iPad cant (my brothers) because of lack of ram. But the iPad and my phone (iPhone 8) can make worlds and they are successful. It then says that I am the only one on the world and when my brother goes to check the world or my dads iPad goes to join it doesn’t come up same with when I try to join my dads iPad. And yes we are in the multiplayer tab. I would like to get help fast plz because we have been trying (on and off) for 2 hours to no success.
Hi there Jodin, welcome to the forums. :)

Do I have this info correct?
  • You have an iPhone 8
  • Your brother has an iPad (not enough RAM to host a world)
  • Your dad has an iPad that CAN host a world

What size world are you hosting? How long of a time are the joiners waiting to search for the world to show in the menu? Are you doing local or online?

Hi there Jodin, welcome to the forums. :)

Do I have this info correct?
  • You have an iPhone 8
  • Your brother has an iPad (not enough RAM to host a world)
  • Your dad has an iPad that CAN host a world

What size world are you hosting? How long of a time are the joiners waiting to search for the world to show in the menu? Are you doing local or online?
Yes (I can also host a world) and we are hosting the basic one the small one, 8 people. They are waiting 2-3 mins. Local. I don’t know how to do online. We are under the local host and local join that’s what I know.

Yes (I can also host a world) and we are hosting the basic one the small one, 8 people. They are waiting 2-3 mins. Local. I don’t know how to do online. We are under the local host and local join that’s what I know.
Shoot, it sounds like you are doing everything correct.

Let's try a different approach. This still assumes you are all on the same wifi.

GET IP ADDRESS FOR HOSTING DEVICE
  • First, get the IP Address of the hosting device. On IOS:
    • Settings
    • Wifi
    • Tap the little blue i next to the wifi you're connected to
    • Look for "IP Address" and write it down
    • 1574447327335.png

HOSTING DEVICE STEPS IN THE GAME
  • Multiplayer
  • Choose a Player
  • Stay on Local. Tap "Host"
  • Choose a World
  • Adjust the Settings, then tap "Play"

JOINING DEVICE STEPS IN THE GAME
  • Multiplayer
  • Choose a Player
  • Tap "Online" (yes, Online, even though the hosted device did Local)
  • Tap "Add"
  • Input the IP Address of the hosting device, keep Server Port as 7777
  • Tap "Play"
Then cross your fingers. 🤞

Shoot, it sounds like you are doing everything correct.

Let's try a different approach. This still assumes you are all on the same wifi.

GET IP ADDRESS FOR HOSTING DEVICE
  • First, get the IP Address of the hosting device. On IOS:
    • Settings
    • Wifi
    • Tap the little blue i next to the wifi you're connected to
    • Look for "IP Address" and write it down
    • View attachment 230315

HOSTING DEVICE STEPS IN THE GAME
  • Multiplayer
  • Choose a Player
  • Stay on Local. Tap "Host"
  • Choose a World
  • Adjust the Settings, then tap "Play"

JOINING DEVICE STEPS IN THE GAME
  • Multiplayer
  • Choose a Player
  • Tap "Online" (yes, Online, even though the hosted device did Local)
  • Tap "Add"
  • Input the IP Address of the hosting device, keep Server Port as 7777
  • Tap "Play"
Then cross your fingers. 🤞
Sorry that it took so long to see and reply to this, we were touring a college and we just tested this, (we used the iPad and my phone and it didn’t work). Is there a problem with 2 different devices not working or if you have to wait a certain amount of time before playing with someone else). Cause not trying to be mean or rude or anything I think the game is really cool and fun but one of the main reasons we payed for the app was too play with each other and our other friends. So can you plz fix this as soon as possible or look into it because it might not just be me with this problem thanks.

I just decided to try to see if you couldn’t crosplay 2 devices that sent the same model so I grabbed my sisters iPhone 8 (with her permission) and got the game and tried. It didn’t work.

Sorry that it took so long to see and reply to this, we were touring a college and we just tested this, (we used the iPad and my phone and it didn’t work). Is there a problem with 2 different devices not working or if you have to wait a certain amount of time before playing with someone else). Cause not trying to be mean or rude or anything I think the game is really cool and fun but one of the main reasons we payed for the app was too play with each other and our other friends. So can you plz fix this as soon as possible or look into it because it might not just be me with this problem thanks.
Sorry to hear it’s not working Jodin. Normally multiplayer with iOS devices have no problem at all, especially on the same WiFi.

Personally, I have an iPad Air, iPhone SE, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPhone 8, an iPhone X, and they can ALL play with each other. I’d never had any problems, and have seen many many others that it works fine for.

So it’s not that it doesn’t work. It works flawlessly for me, which makes it harder to pinpoint what’s going wrong for you though. :)

I’ll keep thinking on any troubleshooting that might work. In the meantime, what kind of router are you guys using? The make and model. Are you using the same SSID? What iOS are all the devices using? And are you doubly sure that the phone is using the WiFi (and not on cell)? Maybe even turn off cell service for the phone and try.

Sorry to hear it’s not working Jodin. Normally multiplayer with iOS devices have no problem at all, especially on the same WiFi.

Personally, I have an iPad Air, iPhone SE, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro 10.5-inch, iPhone 8, an iPhone X, and they can ALL play with each other. I’d never had any problems, and have seen many many others that it works fine for.

So it’s not that it doesn’t work. It works flawlessly for me, which makes it harder to pinpoint what’s going wrong for you though. :)

I’ll keep thinking on any troubleshooting that might work. In the meantime, what kind of router are you guys using? The make and model. Are you using the same SSID? What iOS are all the devices using? And are you doubly sure that the phone is using the WiFi (and not on cell)? Maybe even turn off cell service for the phone and try.
I am on vacation till next Thursday so I will check that then, I left this morning and didn’t see the text till now.

Back
Top Bottom