PS4 i can't believe i did that...

ZeroJinKui

The Destroyer
so with my new character, i had been determined to get the ancient shadow armor from eaters of souls... after killing almost 1000 of the stupid things, and getting multiple pieces of the chest and leg armor... the helmet FINALLY DROPPED!

so what do i do?

teleport home, grab the other pieces, and... throw them away.

i was in such a rush to equip the armor i forgot square trashes items... and of course the helmet was the first thing i tossed, so it was gone... if it had been the last item, i could've fished it out and used the extra armor pieces to complete the set, still.

but no... the helmet was gone.

autosave didn't kick in yet, either... so i lost it forever.

i am in such genuine pain right now... that is the DUMBEST thing i've ever done, i truly, TRULY hate myself more than i've ever hated myself.

i could've saved and quit, i could've favorited the item, i could've done so many things to ensure i didn't lose it by dumb mistake... but of course this happens to me.

...i have honestly gone numb, and i am in such a haze from what i just did.

i wish there was a "trash inventory" or something that you have to finalize a decision with before throwing everything in it away, or even some extra safety measures to ensure this doesn't happen to completely braindead idiots like me.

i hate myself so much.

Edit: i finally managed to get another one after killing several hundred more eaters of souls... well over 1000 now.

still, a simple mistake like that hurt so badly... is there any way of undoing something like that if it somehow happens again in the future?

also, probably the wrong forum for such a request... but please, re-logic, for 1.4, add more trash slots, it'd be nice if another row of slots was added to the inventory for trash, that way you'd have to throw away 10-11 items before losing anything permanently, plenty of time for idiots like me to see what they're doing. %:sigh:

Last edited:
Sorry you had to go through that. I've made some really dumb blunders too.

Backing up game save files is the sovereign remedy for pretty much all disasters. Not much bother and you can "make it didn't happen" easily.

[edit] Oops, I somehow ended up in Console Support; I don't know whether save files are accessible on consoles.

i back up my game on the cloud every time i save and quit... i just didn't save/quit after getting my helmet, and i wish i had.

would be nice if we could unbind the trash button on console, so my only choice is to manually drag things into the trash, atleast... far less chance of a mistake happening, then.

but that button also being the "transfer" and "sell" button, not sure if that'd be doable or not.

Back
Top Bottom