I can't kill the final boss!

Pettirto

Terrarian
Hi! I need some help. I already killed the lunatic cultist and destroyed all pillar three times, but i can't kill the Moon Lord. I have the best armors I can get. The spectre armor for magic set, beetle armor for meele set, and shroomite armor for ranged set but nothing. I also have some strongs weapon like Nebula Arcanum, Nebula Blaze, Solar Eruption, Daybreak, Vortex Beater and Phantasm, but It does too much damage and i died after 1/2 minutes. In the battle sometimes i dodge his big laser but It has too much life. Have you any advice for me?

Last edited:
sometimes i dodge her big laser but It has too much life
her big laser
*HE

OT:
You're gonna want defensive stuff to lower the damage taken as much as possible.
In the event you can't get a mount such as the UFO, then Duke Fishron wings with Lightning/Spectre Boots are your friend(s), as you can outrun Moon Lard and the power of the Duke Fishron wings will aid greatly in dodging many of his attacks.
Also, lots and lots and lots of buffs, along with a proper arena with some blocks to block off his giant laser.

Also, with the amount of times you've defeated the Pillars, try making some Super Health Potions. They restore 200 HP a pop.
Lifeforce, Endurance and Wrath/Rage Potions are a must, along with your staples of Ironskin, Well Fed and Swiftness.

*HE

OT:
You're gonna want defensive stuff to lower the damage taken as much as possible.
In the event you can't get a mount such as the UFO, then Duke Fishron wings with Lightning/Spectre Boots are your friend(s), as you can outrun Moon Lard and the power of the Duke Fishron wings will aid greatly in dodging many of his attacks.
Also, lots and lots and lots of buffs, along with a proper arena with some blocks to block off his giant laser.

Sorry for my terrible grammar error, i do't know if i can edit the post. About the game, I aready have the Fishron wings but, I have not considered the potions. Thank you

build an area with a big barricade above you to block the moon lord's laser, and i strongly recommend using defensive beetle armor with a godly/demonic solar eruption, charm of myths, frozen turtle shell, celestial shell, ankh/paladin's shield, and cross necklace/star veil, all reforged to warding. also, if you put the nurse right next to your spawn point, you can use a magic mirror to get home and quickly heal.

easiest way I've found is to create a long sky bridge made of asphalt, make a 1 block wide roof high up enough for you to ride a tall mount but not much higher. Give the sky bridge some walls at the edges so you don't fall off and fill it with heart statues and campfires

use a defensive melee armour and use only defensive and health regeneration based accessories (no wings or frost spark/lightning boots) and use the unicorn mount for movment. all you have to do is go from one end of the sky bridge to the other shanking him through the roof and floor using a solar eruption while using the unicorns boosted speed to dodge any attacks not blocked by the roof

gycn0fu.png

so this fixes the laser problem but you may need to go to the nurse a couple times if your using spectral armor

Make an arena like this. The nurse is in the house to the left, but only for if I royally screw up. Haven't needed her once with this setup.

2015-07-30_00002.jpg

The walls and the ceiling will protect you from most of ML's attacks. Use the Solar Eruption to attack through them. Position yourself under one of the honey pools, and jump up frequently to renew the honey buff.

Oh, and all those buff items? Use all of them.

EDIT:

Ignore the traps. They're for the Frost Moon.

Solar Eruption is the weapon I was using to defeat him. It does high damage and it can make the battle pretty quick. Watch out for the laser he shoots from his head. It can do severe damage, especially in Expert Mode. Its weakness is that it can't pass through blocks. Use a ceiling to block this attack. You can also do stuff like above to block many of his attacks.

A known tactic is to first damage his hands to low damage and then destroy his head. True Eyes Of Cthulhu spawn when one of "eyes" has been destroyed. It's good to lower his hands to very low health, then destroy his head with a Solar Eruption. If you've done this, hit his hands to make quick work of them. Now the rest is his core which is pretty easy to destroy, but you need to dodge the eyes. They can clone, pass through blocks and charge at you. It's good to be mobile at this part (or get some good regeneration), because the eyes can easily overwhelm you.

he

he has a star wrath, portal gun and a lunar portal staff. you can only get them by killing moon lord.
No?

Make a skybridge and set your spawn at the beginning, run along it with a unicorn and shoot back with either Venom Arrows + Phantasm OR Chlorophyte Bullets + Vortex Beater.

Back
Top Bottom