3DS I Can't Summon The Wall of Flesh! *Resolved*

Blazer

Terrarian
Device: 2DS

Try as I might, I can't summon the dang Wall of Annoyance. I'll give you a play-by-play of what happened, and why I can't summon the WoF. (Even though there IS a guide, and I AM in the Underworld)
1. Summoned WoF.
2. Died.
3. Tried to summon again. And again. And again. Wasting SO many Voodoo Dolls...

Important: I went over to a bit passed where I died when I WAS fighting him, and I got the Horrified Debuff. No trace of a Wof or Anything, and I only get it in a certain area... I think that the game thinks that the WoF... for some reason still exists right there, and subsequently won't let me summon another one. I don't know if I just died in the "wrong" spot or if there is a glitch with when WoF reaches the edge of the map or something... but I CAN'T continue into hardmode without this fixed.

Also Important: I turned off the game and restarted, begging and hoping that that would work, but... it didn't. I still got the Horrified Debuff in that same spot.

Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try as I might, I can't summon the dang Wall of Annoyance. I'll give you a play-by-play of what happened, and why I can't summon the WoF. (Even though there IS a guide, and I AM in the Underworld)
1. Summoned WoF.
2. Died.
3. Tried to summon again. And again. And again. Wasting SO many Voodoo Dolls...

Important: I went over to a bit passed where I died when I WAS fighting him, and I got the Horrified Debuff. No trace of a Wof or Anything, and I only get it in a certain area... I think that the game thinks that the WoF... for some reason still exists right there, and subsequently won't let me summon another one. I don't know if I just died in the "wrong" spot or if there is a glitch with when WoF reaches the edge of the map or something... but I CAN'T continue into hardmode without this fixed.

Also Important: I turned off the game and restarted, begging and hoping that that would work, but... it didn't. I still got the Horrified Debuff in that same spot.

Help!

Note that you can only summon the WoF if the Guide is alive. I think it's most likely the Guide didn't respawn between your first and second (and consecutive) attempts.

Did you read the passage? I said there was a guide. I'm not a new Terrarian. I just want this fixed.
Sorry if that seems cranky, but I spent a while on this and wasted a bunch of summoners which sometimes are hard to get.

Did you read the passage? I said there was a guide. I'm not a new Terrarian. I just want this fixed.
Sorry if that seems cranky, but I spent a while on this and wasted a bunch of summoners which sometimes are hard to get.

Then it's probably caused by the WoF not having despawned (which isn't unique to mobile). Sometimes if you scan the entire breadth of the Underworld, it will reappear.

It doesn't despawn off screen anyways,nor does restarting game despawns him,so just give it a bit time,and it should work,besides,if you are in a expanded world,it takes a lot longer time too.

Okay, so when you tried repeatedly summoning WOF, was there a Guide then? Did the guide even die?
Yes. There was and is a guide in my world. No, he did not die when I threw the Doll into the lava.
Then it's probably caused by the WoF not having despawned (which isn't unique to mobile). Sometimes if you scan the entire breadth of the Underworld, it will reappear.
Nope.
It doesn't despawn off screen anyways,nor does restarting game despawns him,so just give it a bit time,and it should work,besides,if you are in a expanded world,it takes a lot longer time too.
Nope.
I see that you mentioned you're on Nintendo 2DS, but here is a workaround that worked on PC. Maybe it'll work for you as well.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-elusive-wall-of-flesh.28943/#post-657114
Thank you! I'm not sure how this would work, but it did. This problem is "resolved", but it is still a bug that I wouldn't just neglect.

Thank you! I'm not sure how this would work, but it did. This problem is "resolved", but it is still a bug that I wouldn't just neglect.

Glad it worked. I wasn't sure the PC workaround would solve it the same on a 2DS, but worth a shot. :)

I have a 3DS and I have used the Voodoo doll to call Wall of Flesh without any problems. I died while fighting, but I could summon a new one instantly.

Back
Top Bottom