IC I Choose You! (IC)

(Well Theta is going to lose this battle. Although I'm not entirely sure if I used that damage calculator correctly, it said that even a level 50 Rhyperior would take out Theta's Salazzle in one hit with an Earthquake.)

So, yeah, the Salazzle has fainted.

((Since Salazzle is 4x weak to Ground type moves, pretty much any Pokemon at the same level as it can OHKO it with most Ground Moves. You don’t need to use the damage calculator for everything, though, since it makes battles boring as most supereffective moves will OHKO. I mostly use it to see how much a neutral hit will do to know about how many hits I should say it lasts. If we do use the damage calculator, Rhypherior probably sweeps here as when I checked Smack Down 2-3HKOs most of Theta’s Pokemon and that’s the weakest move it knows. I might make it so an attacking Pokémon‘s offensive stats are given as half the level it is (so set the attacking Pokémon to level 40 to calculate damage in this case) and the same level it is when defending so moves don’t do as much damage. It’s just an idea, though.

I just checked with level 40 for Rhypherior, though, and apparently Earthquake still OHKOs, which I wasn’t really expecting.))

(Still, I wanted to see if there was any chance it could survive. And when I did the check Earthquake needed two hits to knock out Theta's Salazzle with Rhyperior at level 40, but I did actually put in a few numbers for EVs, so that might be the difference.)

Theta then sends out his Haunter.

((Copy pasted the Rhyperior set with the EVs it has against the Salazzle, but I used standard EVs for Salazzle since I don’t know what EVs the Salazzle has, if any. Here’s what I got:
Lvl 40 252+ Atk Rhyperior Earthquake vs. Lvl 80 0 HP / 0 Def Salazzle: 252-300 (113 - 134.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (252, 256, 256, 264, 264, 268, 268, 276, 276, 280, 280, 288, 288, 292, 292, 300)
))
*Now Rhypherior uses Smack Down to ground Haunter*

(I really tried to find a way for Theta's Salazzle to survive the hit, so I went with 50 in defence to check, and 50 in HP (with 252 in special attack and 120 in speed, but that doesn't really matter in this case) and no EVs for Rhyperior. But with 252 attack EVs I think Rhyperior would still OHKO Theta's Salazzle)

The Haunter then uses Destiny Bond.

*This time she switches to Gliscor since anything Rhyperior does would come very close to knocking Haunter out. Plus it sets up toxic poison on Gliscor so Poison Heal can activate.*

Back
Top Bottom