I find corruption spawning after being the WOF so stupid

plslookaway

Terrarian
I spent so much time separating my corruption from everything else just to realize after beating the WOF a random patch of corruption will spawn UNDERGROUND and because I'm on console I wont be able to detect it with TEedit. What does the game want me to do about this. There is NO visible way for me to find this piece of corruption and cleanse it and even if I could it would take so long. Seeing they made the game a lot better in 1.4.4 like altars not spawning corruption I hope they removed this stupid addition to the game

any unique items you can get from the underground corruption I thought u could get from normal corruption. and even if I'm wrong its stupid that there is no way to detect it and contain it
The corruption generated at the start of hardmode actually always generates the same. Its a giant V shape across the world, with Corruption on one side and Hallow on another. Like this:
SmartSelect_20221003-092421_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now, the exact properties of the "V" spread varies, the angle of the V and the width, as well as which biome goes which way. BUT, if you go to the surface and look for new biomes on the first day after killing WoF, you can draw lines on the map down to the underworld and get a general idea where it spawned.

However...

It will spread rapidly until you kill Plantera.

If you want to prepare yourself ahead of time, you can dig a protection "bowl" around your towns before killing the WoF. These will be 4-block wide gaps of air or dirt, but make sure you prevent grass growth (it can spread through hanging vines and thorny vines which will grow out of the grass).

If you want to prepare yourself ahead of time, you can dig a protection "bowl" around your towns before killing the WoF. These will be 4-block wide gaps of air or dirt, but make sure you prevent grass growth (it can spread through hanging vines and thorny vines which will grow out of the grass).
you should do this around any NPC bases to prepare for hardmode, then once the Clentaminator is obtained, if you want to purify the entire world forever, you should make a ton of hellevators evenly spaced around the world, then use the Clentaminator on both sides of each hellevator

Trying to contain or cleanse the corruption is a giant waste of time. I just spread hallow around important areas like my town homes and then just let corruption spread wherever it wants. After I get the Clentaminator, I cleanse the surface of corruption via hallow spray and leave it at that.

I used to be super paranoid about corruption spread in hardmode, but later I realized that it hardly matters.

The more important thing is to make sure that the corruption doesn’t spread into the surface jungle (the underground jungle is protected by chlorophyte).

Yeah, it's always been this way, but I can see how the lack of access to TEdit makes it an even bigger pain for you as a console player. But I guess it is what it is; there's a reason why only 0.1% of players on Steam have unlocked the achievement for completely purifying a world.

Have you tried the new Biome Sight potions though? They're great! They take out a lot of the guesswork. You'll need Fireblossom, Blinkroot, Moonglow, and Grass Seeds to make 'em.

Back
Top Bottom