I found a new shimmer feature!

Erinit🌳

The Destroyer
While you are under the effect of the shimmer, after 1000 in the caverns layer, if you hold down, you tp to spawn!

Edit: Upon further testing, it appears that it is not after 1000 in the cavern layers, but after a certain amount of blocks. Where i was testing, it was after about 485 blocks

2nd Edit: after more testing, it appears to be after a certain amount of time, around 25 seconds. This makes daytime EOL even easier to cheese. I feel they may have made this feature for shimmer spawn traps.

Last edited:
If you set up a portal using the portal gun on top and at the bottom of a pool of shimmer, you can’t be hit, and after you kill empress, you can just hold down to get out and grab the loot

If you set up a portal using the portal gun on top and at the bottom of a pool of shimmer, you can’t be hit, and after you kill empress, you can just hold down to get out and grab the loot
Actually I’m pretty sure they made the immunity go away for bosses
Edit: yep it’s in 1.4.4 where they change this

Yep, it's to prevent softlocks, traps and other situations you can't escape from. Plus if you got unlucky on a large world and had to fall through 3000 blocks before you regained control, that would not be very fun.

Back
Top Bottom